LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Convert MP4's to AVI's?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Convert MP4's to AVI's?

I have a 1.5 minute video (MP4) that I took with my nano - and its HUGE in file size. My husband tells me I need to convert it to an AVI to get the file size smaller for easier downloading (online).

I've searched google and there's a lot of programs available. A lot of them want you to register ($).... Others are free downloads and you can't even try it without registering. I want something free and something that's easy to use.

I have Windows 7, itunes, Adobe CS3 web premium.... I'm really not sure if any of these programs have the capabilities to do this or not. Does Windows Media player do this? I actually looked at it and didn't recognize anything that would convert....

Any suggestions?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
Try this place, I got a converter to go from AVI to other formats, they have one that will convert to AVI as well. It starts out free and then you pay but it works good.

http://www.proviewsof.com/
I'll give it a try....all I need (atleast for now) is one file to be converted. I'll probably never need to use it again.

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Try this place, I got a converter to go from AVI to other formats, they have one that will convert to AVI as well. It starts out free and then you pay but it works good.

http://www.proviewsof.com/
I tried it (without paying).....and it'll only convert 50% of the original file. Have to pay for it to get full usage.

Still investigating....
Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try this one?

http://download.cnet.com/Pazera-Free...-10784027.html
Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
drjohnson36's Tacoma Gallery
Google "Handbrake"
Old 02-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry that it didnt work. I had about 100 movies to convert from AVI to WMA so it was worth paying it for me.
No worries....
I would've paid for it also in your situation.
I just have one I need to convert - just trying to reduce the overall size of the thing.