Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone own a mastiff?

Old 02-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone own a mastiff?

I've always wanted a mastiff, but it's just never been a realistic possibility. Any one here have one? Got any pictures?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
my brother's friend has 2(english bull mastif). the one is 165lb just stupid and half retarded.i think so.the other is almost as big.they drool big time.he has to carry a towel to wipe them alll the time.real pretty dogs
my next dog is going to be a great dane or 2
Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
my dads friend has one beautiful dog great with kids but the drool is everywhere and the thing eats more than me and is 150+lbs
Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya, I've heard about the drool and everything...sounds like it's worth it though.

A great dane would be an awesome dog to have. We've got a golden retriever and a shih-tzu, and they're fun at times, but nothing like a mastiff or great dane would be
Old 02-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

life span is short on the huge dogs.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
My dad's colleague had a mastiff in downtown St Louis. One time, he came home, and the dog was all bloody. He had no idea what happened, and he checked the dog over. Turns out, wasn't the dogs blood!

Then, he goes to the bathroom. He sees the bathroom window is broken in. And there's a hand on the floor.

Make sure you stay on the good side of those dogs, because they are powerful!

Oh, but the best dog I ever had was a german shorthaired pointer; really intelligent, loved to run, great if you like outdoor activities and want to bring a dog along.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Dang liberals.

haha mastiffs can be pretty aggressive...but that's why they make great guard dogs.

Yup, about that age deal...short lifespan and lots of health (especially joint problems) right?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
The clown has no penis...
smallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to allsmallcandle is a name known to all

Name: Brian
smallcandle's Tacoma Gallery
Please think long and hard before taking on a Mastiff. They are tremendous companions if raised properly and will only add joy to your life. But because of numerous health issues and their short life-span you should be prepared for a variety of issues. See the attached link from my experience last summer:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...g-tonight.html
Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I have a very small Mastiff. The girl I got it from tried to tell me that it was a Pug but I think it's some kind of Mini-Mastiff.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #10
Yamaha
Canadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to allCanadian Max is a name known to all

Canadian Max's Tacoma Gallery
Mastiffs are beautiful dogs...
Here ya go Paintdiddy Dane's can get truly massive..

Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue Great Dane who could be the world's tallest dog

The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.

Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.

'He's 42.625 inches at the shoulder,' said David. 'He's very very unique.'

According to David, George consumes 110lbs of food every month, and sleeps alone in his own Queen Size Bed.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Dang liberals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcandle View Post
Please think long and hard before taking on a Mastiff. They are tremendous companions if raised properly and will only add joy to your life. But because of numerous health issues and their short life-span you should be prepared for a variety of issues. See the attached link from my experience last summer:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...g-tonight.html

I read your post...I'm sorry to hear about everything that was going on. If you don't mind me asking, how is Lily doing?

Our golden retriever had surgery today for her ear. Evidently she shook her head too much and too vigorously, (due in part to a minor ear irritation) and broke a capillary, causing a fair amount of blood to pool in her ear. The doctor had to open it up and drain it. She wasn't in pain though, and is doing well right now. She's on some 'synthetic opium' at the moment.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Max View Post

Meet 'Giant George' the 7ft-long blue Great Dane who could be the world's tallest dog

The gentle giant, who measures 7ft 3ins from nose to tail, could be a prime contender to take the title from the former record holder, Gibson, a harlequin Great Dane who passed away from cancer last August.

Now George's owners, David and Christine Nasser, are awaiting confirmation from Guinness World Records to see if he has achieved the lofty heights.

According to David, George consumes 110lbs of food every month, and sleeps alone in his own Queen Size Bed.

that dog is bad ass. gibson was a huge dog.i want so bad
Old 02-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #13
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
my aunt had one. I hated the damn thing. it would come over to you and wipe its face one you and you would have to go change clothes cuz of all the f'ing drool. not to mention the damn thing would never stop barking. that didnt bother me as much as the drool though... after a while... it gets very annoying
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

reminds me of The Sandlot...just black.... those would be horse turds dropping from that dude.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #15
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My dog is part mastiff and part boxer with a few other things in him. He is 8 months now and weighs 70 lbs. No idea what his adult weight is going to be. He has a large head and already has a lot of strength and can pull me around when playing. Don't know if this is the mastiff or the other breeds in him but he loves to chew up all his toys and anything you give him followed by swallowing what he chews off. I have never had a dog that likes to chew as much as this one.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04 PM   #16
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
We have a bullmastiff. she is pretty tiny. We think they bred the dogs small, but she is such a bad ass dog. She has so much character its crazy. I'll try to put up some pics
Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #17
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaprerunner View Post
haha mastiffs can be pretty aggressive...but that's why they make great guard dogs.

Yup, about that age deal...short lifespan and lots of health (especially joint problems) right?
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/mastiff.htm

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/...astiffs/113374

10-12 years with a well breed healthy pup. Yes, hip dysplasia and joint problems are common in these dogs as well as other large breed dogs.
All the ones I've met have been very friendly dogs. They will be an expensive dog to maintain.
There are different kinds of mastiffs, they have different traits and characteristics. Do some reading and research and think about rescueing.
http://www.worldmastiffforum.com/
http://www.mastiffonlinecommunity.net/index.php
http://www.mastiff-forum.com/
Old 02-03-2010, 04:43 AM   #18
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Now that is my dream dog!!!! I love big dogs.