Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

GraveYard Shift BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2014, 03:31 AM   #4721
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa0031 View Post
Time to get some work done and get out of here for the morning..y'all have a good one and Rich take care and take it easy bye rob
Bye Melissa ... sleep well and we'll catch ya' next time.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:34 AM   #4722
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
So Rich, coming up on 6AM there, right? Hopefully they'll bring something edible, with flavor even, for breakfast. Are you getting any sleep at all?
Old 08-14-2014, 03:36 AM   #4723
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
Hang in there Colton. What's going on, just extra busy?
Not necessarily "busy", but I am in the business of moving freight and it JUST DOESN'T WANT TO MOVE tonight.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:55 AM   #4724
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Not necessarily "busy", but I am in the business of moving freight and it JUST DOESN'T WANT TO MOVE tonight.
Railroad, right? Maintenance related or stuff just not coming together right?

In the airlift business, a lot of our frustrations come from broke aircraft.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:03 AM   #4725
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So Rich, coming up on 6AM there, right? Hopefully they'll bring something edible, with flavor even, for breakfast. Are you getting any sleep at all?
Nope. Not going to sleep. Just asked if the Cath could be removed and she removed it.
Already been back on my crutches and made a few laps.
Sitting down to my first cup of coffee in years and breakfast should be around soon.
Flippin channels atm. Going to be a kick ass day.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:06 AM   #4726
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Nope. Not going to sleep. Just asked if the Cath could be removed and she removed it.
Already been back on my crutches and made a few laps.
Sitting down to my first cup of coffee in years and breakfast should be around soon.
Flippin channels atm. Going to be a kick ass day.
On the road to recovery.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:09 AM   #4727
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Rich, have you heard when they're releasing the english version of that book.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:14 AM   #4728
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Last load of fish for the season! Should be done with offload within the hour..

Couple of weeks, then it's back at it for Pollock..
Old 08-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #4729
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post

Hiya Jake. Hope the season went well.

Are you flying back and forth these days, with the boat staying in Kodiak?
Old 08-14-2014, 04:39 AM   #4730
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hiya Jake. Hope the season went well.

Are you flying back and forth these days, with the boat staying in Kodiak?
At the moment, yes.

Don't think I'll fly home in between the end of salmon season and pollock. Should be done with that around the 1st of October. Definitely rewarding to be captain, but I am getting a little burned out. 2 weeks at home since February 18th!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:45 AM   #4731
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Rich, have you heard when they're releasing the english version of that book.
Yes Rob. Exact date is not set but I am hearing very early 2015.

Quote:

Hey Jake. Good to see you back.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #4732
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At the moment, yes.

Don't think I'll fly home in between the end of salmon season and pollock. Should be done with that around the 1st of October. Definitely rewarding to be captain, but I am getting a little burned out. 2 weeks at home since February 18th!
That's a long haul away from home. Most good things come with a price. Good to see you on here Jake.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #4733
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Yes Rob. Exact date is not set but I am hearing very early 2015.

They bring you something decent for breakfast?
Old 08-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #4734

Quote:

They bring you something decent for breakfast?
Rich,

Reading this brings back memories of my hospital stint last year; almost lost my leg due to a horrible staph infection that I picked up in Yellowstone.

Really wish that I was more active on here at the time - that week alone in the hospital with nothing to think about except myself and how much money the entire ordeal was going to cost..

Always nice to be welcomed back!

I found it was best to focus on the little things, the little victories (corny, I know). For me it was being able to walk again (pretty basic one), out on a sock without screaming in pain, take a shower, etc.

If there's anything you'd like from Kodiak, let me know.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #4736
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing much going on huh? I'll probably be on 1st shift a couple more weeks for orientation, and training. Been on vacation this week. Getting some things done around the house, salmon fishing on lake Michigan tomorrow
Old 08-15-2014, 05:36 AM   #4737
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
Nothing much going on huh? I'll probably be on 1st shift a couple more weeks for orientation, and training. Been on vacation this week. Getting some things done around the house, salmon fishing on lake Michigan tomorrow
Finished up my load plans about 2 hours ago.

I wish I was fishing tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates for our planned halibut fishing next week. We got weathered out last month.

Been working on getting the 6x6 side by side ready for hunting 1st week in September. Replacing driveline u-joints; should get the two prop shafts back from machine shop tomorrow. And one of my tires failed; I didn't really care for the tires that came on the machine anyway, so I decided to go ahead and replace all 6 with ones I like.

Enjoy the fishing trip.

Orientation and training ... are they keeping it interesting? When I took this job, probably since I retired from active duty, I found the Civilian Personal Office orientation boring as hell. They spent an enormous amount of time going over the grievance process and your rights, yada, yada, yada. Probably gov't mandated, but it was so dull.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:41 AM   #4738

All done! Back in Kodiak, just parked the boat.. Only to find someone stole our parking spot. Yes - it's our spot, we pay for it. Now I'm in a slip that's about 25 feet too short! Debated cutting his lines - but, I'll settle for a firm "you need to move" in the morning.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:58 AM   #4740
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All done! Back in Kodiak, just parked the boat.. Only to find someone stole our parking spot. Yes - it's our spot, we pay for it. Now I'm in a slip that's about 25 feet too short! Debated cutting his lines - but, I'll settle for a firm "you need to move" in the morning.

Nice pic! Have a good break Jake.

Products Discussed in this Thread