Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

GraveYard Shift BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2014, 04:28 AM   #4741
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post

They bring you something decent for breakfast?
Rich,

Reading this brings back memories of my hospital stint last year; almost lost my leg due to a horrible staph infection that I picked up in Yellowstone.

Really wish that I was more active on here at the time - that week alone in the hospital with nothing to think about except myself and how much money the entire ordeal was going to cost..

Always nice to be welcomed back!

I found it was best to focus on the little things, the little victories (corny, I know). For me it was being able to walk again (pretty basic one), out on a sock without screaming in pain, take a shower, etc.

If there's anything you'd like from Kodiak, let me know.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:15 AM   #4743
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nothing much going on huh? I'll probably be on 1st shift a couple more weeks for orientation, and training. Been on vacation this week. Getting some things done around the house, salmon fishing on lake Michigan tomorrow
Old 08-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #4744
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robssol View Post
Nothing much going on huh? I'll probably be on 1st shift a couple more weeks for orientation, and training. Been on vacation this week. Getting some things done around the house, salmon fishing on lake Michigan tomorrow
Finished up my load plans about 2 hours ago.

I wish I was fishing tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates for our planned halibut fishing next week. We got weathered out last month.

Been working on getting the 6x6 side by side ready for hunting 1st week in September. Replacing driveline u-joints; should get the two prop shafts back from machine shop tomorrow. And one of my tires failed; I didn't really care for the tires that came on the machine anyway, so I decided to go ahead and replace all 6 with ones I like.

Enjoy the fishing trip.

Orientation and training ... are they keeping it interesting? When I took this job, probably since I retired from active duty, I found the Civilian Personal Office orientation boring as hell. They spent an enormous amount of time going over the grievance process and your rights, yada, yada, yada. Probably gov't mandated, but it was so dull.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 AM   #4745
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
All done! Back in Kodiak, just parked the boat.. Only to find someone stole our parking spot. Yes - it's our spot, we pay for it. Now I'm in a slip that's about 25 feet too short! Debated cutting his lines - but, I'll settle for a firm "you need to move" in the morning.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:58 AM   #4747
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverich View Post
All done! Back in Kodiak, just parked the boat.. Only to find someone stole our parking spot. Yes - it's our spot, we pay for it. Now I'm in a slip that's about 25 feet too short! Debated cutting his lines - but, I'll settle for a firm "you need to move" in the morning.

Nice pic! Have a good break Jake.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:59 AM   #4748
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa0031 View Post
Good morning everyone ...late stopping in this morning, hope everyone had a good night.
Hi Melissa ... and I'm guessing "bye" shortly.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:02 AM   #4749
Just enough knowledge to be dangerous
melissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: melissa
melissa0031's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi Melissa ... and I'm guessing "bye" shortly.
you would be correct, getting ready to head home now, one more night to go to the weekend off
Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #4750
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you would be correct, getting ready to head home now, one more night to go to the weekend off
Me too; work one more shift, then my 3 day break.

Sleep well ... I'll catch ya' tonight.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:07 AM   #4751
melissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmelissa0031 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Me too; work one more shift, then my 3 day break.

Sleep well ... I'll catch ya' tonight.
Thanks rob , you too!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #4752
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Already. It's gonna be a slow shift. Easy money night and then 3 day break.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #4753

Quote:
Already. It's gonna be a slow shift. Easy money night and then 3 day break.
will this shift ever end lol
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #4754
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
will this shift ever end lol
Jeez, I sure hope so ... 3 missions on the schedule ... no eligible cargo for them. Hate it when that happens. A little busy is so much better than waiting for time to pass.

Hi Melissa. Slow there too, huh?
Old 08-16-2014, 12:45 AM   #4755

Quote:
Jeez, I sure hope so ... 3 missions on the schedule ... no eligible cargo for them. Hate it when that happens. A little busy is so much better than waiting for time to pass.

Hi Melissa. Slow there too, huh?
Hi Rob, yes everyone is actually sleeping tonight and time is definitely dragggggggging. I am so ready for the weekend lol
Old 08-16-2014, 12:47 AM   #4756
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi Rob, yes everyone is actually sleeping tonight and time is definitely dragggggggging. I am so ready for the weekend lol
Darn sleeping sick people ... sooo inconsiderate.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #4757

Quote:
Darn sleeping sick people ... sooo inconsiderate.
I know how dare they lol I need some excitement, some bells ringing, something....
Old 08-16-2014, 02:02 AM   #4758
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna hafta go walk-a-bout to stay awake.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #4759
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finished up my load plans about 2 hours ago.

I wish I was fishing tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates for our planned halibut fishing next week. We got weathered out last month.

Enjoy the fishing trip.

Orientation and training ... are they keeping it interesting? When I took this job, probably since I retired from active duty, I found the Civilian Personal Office orientation boring as hell. They spent an enormous amount of time going over the grievance process and your rights, yada, yada, yada. Probably gov't mandated, but it was so dull.
Fishing was a good time with friends, but no fish. Only 1 in the boat, it was to small, released it.
I start orientation on Mon. I hear it is boring. Business casual dress, and stay awake. Fun fun
Old 08-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #4760
Banana Nut
TheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMuffinMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheMuffinMan's Tacoma Gallery

First night back after the two week vacation. Good news is the company got some new super fancy coffee machines while I was gone!

Products Discussed in this Thread