Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

GraveYard Shift BS

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #1841
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
I'm at work now usually work 5:30 to 5:30 mon-fri. Found out couple days ago I'm moving to day shift after about 2.5 years of this shift. I can't wait for march 17th!!! Now I can actually see my woman lol
Old 03-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #1842
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
last shift before 3 day break ... looks like it's gonna be a slow one ... oh well, easy money.
sux when it's slow...meh gonna head to the fillin station for a cup o joe.. keep me awake the last couple of hours
Old 03-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #1843
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Evening all. Another boring night (2 of my 4 on here) and I'm tired... Not a good combination.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:27 AM   #1844
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so tired, 1 hour 15 min. Hurry up
Old 03-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #1845
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of work you in David?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:06 AM   #1846
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I do maintenance at a pill factory
Old 03-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #1847

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
I do maintenance at a pill factory
Always interested in knowing what kinda work the other night shifters are doing.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 AM   #1848

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
I'm at work now usually work 5:30 to 5:30 mon-fri. Found out couple days ago I'm moving to day shift after about 2.5 years of this shift. I can't wait for march 17th!!! Now I can actually see my woman lol
Good deal Andrew.

You ever boat on the Tombigbee? I've done the Tennessee up to Chattanooga from Pickwick and always thought of going south to Mobile.

Some day, I'd like to do the loop from Memphis to Memphis using the Mississippi River, Gulf to Mobile Bay, Tombigbee Waterway, Tennessee River and back to the Mississippi to Memphis. It's just such a long haul I've not had that much time avaiable all at once.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:33 AM   #1849
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Good deal Andrew.

You ever boat on the Tombigbee? I've done the Tennessee up to Chattanooga from Pickwick and always thought of going south to Mobile.

Some day, I'd like to do the loop from Memphis to Memphis using the Mississippi River, Gulf to Mobile Bay, Tombigbee Waterway, Tennessee River and back to the Mississippi to Memphis. It's just such a long haul I've not had that much time avaiable all at once.
What kind of boat Joe?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:47 AM   #1850

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of boat Joe?
I've got a Crestliner W/A with a cuddy cabin. I/O 350 cid with merc outdrive. I've went with several buds using as small as a 17 foot Mastercraft. Still a blast.

How you doing Rob?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:09 AM   #1851
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got a Crestliner W/A with a cuddy cabin. I/O 350 cid with merc outdrive. I've went with several buds using as small as a 17 foot Mastercraft. Still a blast.

How you doing Rob?
Nice. The trip you described sounds like a blast.

I'm doing good Joe. Looking at the clock, you should be almost out of there, if not gone. Have a good one and I'll catch you around here later.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 AM   #1852

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice. The trip you described sounds like a blast.

I'm doing good Joe. Looking at the clock, you should be almost out of there, if not gone. Have a good one and I'll catch you around here later.
Good deal Rob. 2 down 2 to go and I've already been told tonight's gonna be a bitch so... An yes, I was on my way out the door! :-)

Yea the river rides are a blast. Although I can, I don't stay on the boat instead I find one of the many cool cabin places set up for people traveling on the river. Typically near the dams & locks there will be a few places some are state parks where you can rent a really nice dock side cabin for less than $90 if you plan ahead.

I've got some modifications to do to the boat to extend the range. I've put together a temporary fuel tank that gives me 25 gallons in addition to the 60 gallon tank built in. But the boat burns right at 15 gallons an hour at 30 knots so leaving a reasonable reserve I still only get a little over 4 hours or about 140 miles in still water. For longer rides on the Mississippi especially further south where there's even more commercial shipping I'm told (and the nav charts agree) to plan 200 miles between fuel stops if I want fuel dock side.

I'll see if I can dig out some pics or at least links to some of the places. I'm not much of an express traveler instead I would rather take my time to stop and see some stuff I'm interested in so between the lack of range & time I've not been able to do "the loop" yet. Chattanooga (on the Tennessee River) is easy from north east Mississippi (Pickwick lake) with some good scenery and great stops / dockage along the way (like Huntsville if you into air & space). Also going out of Memphis on the Mississippi is a cool ride to Tunica though much faster by car. :-)

It's always fun to take first timers through the locks. Between the ~90 foot rise or fall & the barges you're in there with their always either silent or full of opinions.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #1853
Chief Pal Guy

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good deal Rob. 2 down 2 to go and I've already been told tonight's gonna be a bitch so... An yes, I was on my way out the door! :-)

Yea the river rides are a blast. Although I can, I don't stay on the boat instead I find one of the many cool cabin places set up for people traveling on the river. Typically near the dams & locks there will be a few places some are state parks where you can rent a really nice dock side cabin for less than $90 if you plan ahead.

I've got some modifications to do to the boat to extend the range. I've put together a temporary fuel tank that gives me 25 gallons in addition to the 60 gallon tank built in. But the boat burns right at 15 gallons an hour at 30 knots so leaving a reasonable reserve I still only get a little over 4 hours or about 140 miles in still water. For longer rides on the Mississippi especially further south where there's even more commercial shipping I'm told (and the nav charts agree) to plan 200 miles between fuel stops if I want fuel dock side.

I'll see if I can dig out some pics or at least links to some of the places. I'm not much of an express traveler instead I would rather take my time to stop and see some stuff I'm interested in so between the lack of range & time I've not been able to do "the loop" yet. Chattanooga (on the Tennessee River) is easy from north east Mississippi (Pickwick lake) with some good scenery and great stops / dockage along the way (like Huntsville if you into air & space). Also going out of Memphis on the Mississippi is a cool ride to Tunica though much faster by car. :-)

It's always fun to take first timers through the locks. Between the ~90 foot rise or fall & the barges you're in there with their always either silent or full of opinions.
Wow... That would be so cool.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #1854
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all

I wish I had known about this thread before. Nightshift would have been a lot easier and much less boring. I'm on night 4 of 7 for this run.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:37 PM   #1855
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
Hello all

I wish I had known about this thread before. Nightshift would have been a lot easier and much less boring. I'm on night 4 of 7 for this run.
4 of 7
Old 03-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #1856
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yessir. I work 7 then off for 7.
When I'm on the rotation for nights I sure am glad the runs aren't longer than that
Old 03-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #1857
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't visited this thread in a while. Whats up everyone?

Working 12 hours at the chemical plant tonight, still have 4 more hours to go
Old 03-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #1858

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
Yessir. I work 7 then off for 7.
When I'm on the rotation for nights I sure am glad the runs aren't longer than that
thats crazy. the most i ever work is 3 days in a row. i work 10's. everyone else on patrol work 12hr shifts. not to bad though cause the most we ever work is 3 days in a row and every other weekend is a 3 day weekend. next week i only work wed,thurs. I get 2 hours a shift for care/maint of dog
Old 03-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #1859
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Not a night shifter, but i am getting ready to go on my vacation just waiting for midnight so that i can go out and sign out. Gonna make a 7 hour drive to northern California. So hows everyone tonight?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #1860
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
thats crazy. the most i ever work is 3 days in a row. i work 10's. everyone else on patrol work 12hr shifts. not to bad though cause the most we ever work is 3 days in a row and every other weekend is a 3 day weekend. next week i only work wed,thurs. I get 2 hours a shift for care/maint of dog
Must be nice. We officially work 12's but we are here 30 minutes prior to shift change plus an hour for travel.

Products Discussed in this Thread