Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

wisdom teeth extraction

Old 02-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
wisdom teeth extraction

who has had their wisdom teeth removed? Im having all four of mine removed on the 18th. im scared
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
do they give u nitrous oxide? lol
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting mine removed I think within the next year or two.

I've already had four oral surgeries though.

Nothing to worry about. It's just one of those experiences. It has it's goods and bads.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Not much to be scared about. They put you to sleep and fill you full of drugs. You wake up some time later feeling nothing.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
do they give u nitrous oxide? lol
they said I will be asleep.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
Not much to be scared about. They put you to sleep and fill you full of drugs. You wake up some time later feeling nothing.
Yep. Well I was asleep for 3 out of my 4 surgeries. Before you go down is pretty fun. When I woke up I had no idea where the hell I was. The time I was awake, then after I sounded like I was mentally retarded. All and all it was fun
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Tacos View Post
they said I will be asleep.
It'll be easy then! Only problem is when you wake up, you might confused as to where you are and how you got there...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
Yep. Well I was asleep for 3 out of my 4 surgeries. Before you go down is pretty fun. When I woke up I had no idea where the hell I was. The time I was awake, then after I sounded like I was mentally retarded. All and all it was fun
lol
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #9
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
Not the best feeling after the drugs wear off...just be ready with your pain killers.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM   #10

Quote:
It'll be easy then! Only problem is when you wake up, you might confused as to where you are and how you got there...
im worried about the pain after. they did give me vicoden though.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #11
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuTang909Inamo View Post
Not the best feeling after the drugs wear off...just be ready with your pain killers.
I really didn't have much pain. A little swelling that goes away in a day or two. Just be sure to do plenty of rinsing with the salt water to avoid infection and try not to play with the stitches with your tongue no matter how tempting it may seem.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
I just had all four of mine pulled Wednesday, actually.. Theres really nothing to be scared of going under. Your staring up at the lights, and the next thing you know, your in the car Be prepared for a lot of water drinking and soup eating.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im worried about the pain after. they did give me vicoden though.
SUCK IT UP!

I handle pain really well, so I haven't been in much pain after...well anything so far LOL
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #14

how long did you guys need to keep gauze in your mouth for? just the first few hours?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

I kept my gauze in for the rest of the day after the surgery, the bleeding wears out fast.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #16

Quote:
how long did you guys need to keep gauze in your mouth for? just the first few hours?
Wow, I completely forgot all about the gauze. They don't stay in for very long. Just until the bleeding stops.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #17
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not that long. Well this coming from me, who kinda accidentally ripped my stitches out for all of my surgeries...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Not that long. Well this coming from me, who kinda accidentally ripped my stitches out for all of my surgeries...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #19
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
yea, I think i remember the nurse saying to resist the urge to spit during the first hour of recovery, so that the the opening/wound clots. or something like that. Waking up was definitely freaky coz you're in recovery and you're like wtf?? where am I?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
Atomic Punk

The temptation to poke the stitches is annoying