Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Why do you live where you do?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you live where you do?

Just curious as to why everyone lives where they currently do.

I'll start.

I live in Arizona. My parents didn't want to deal with winter and especially the snow. My old man is from and spent half his life in Canada and definitely was tired of all the snow and ice. So mainly the weather conditions is what attracted them to Arizona.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
WPTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nige
WPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Winter Park, Colorado for the skiing and moutain biking in summer. Originally from Australia but wifey has lived here for 28 years so I guess I am stuck here!!
Old 02-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Cuz its where my parents were when I was born
Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPTaco View Post
I live in Winter Park, Colorado for the skiing and moutain biking in summer. Originally from Australia but wifey has lived here for 28 years so I guess I am stuck here!!
What part of Australia? It's a beautiful country. I spent about a month or so there a couple years ago.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
WPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^
Sydney originally but my folks have a 600 ac beef cattle farm about 3 hours west of Sydney. Where did you hang for the longest?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Because this is where I was born and my family has always lived. But I plan on moving to Colorado in a couple years after I finish school.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
smitty5083 is on a distinguished road
smitty5083's Tacoma Gallery
only reason i stay in the northeast is cause my fiancee likes it other than that i would love to head to NC....
Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Reno because it's where I wanted to go to school at the University of Nevada. Also because I lived in Lake Tahoe and really like the area.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^^^^^
Sydney originally but my folks have a 600 ac beef cattle farm about 3 hours west of Sydney. Where did you hang for the longest?
That's awesome. The longest was in Melbourne. Sydney was second longest. I loved both. I went to Adelaide, but it wasn't my favorite place. I stopped over on Kangaroo Island and also Tasmania. I went to Hobart on Tasmania, and that had to have been one of my favorite parts of the trip. The only downside was I was only in Tasmania for roughly 36 hours. Also got to do the Great Ocean road. Probably wouldn't do that road again though, but I definitely will go back at some point.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
WPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
That's awesome. The longest was in Melbourne. Sydney was second longest. I loved both. I went to Adelaide, but it wasn't my favorite place. I stopped over on Kangaroo Island and also Tasmania. I went to Hobart on Tasmania, and that had to have been one of my favorite parts of the trip. The only downside was I was only in Tasmania for roughly 36 hours. Also got to do the Great Ocean road. Probably wouldn't do that road again though, but I definitely will go back at some point.

Man, you saw plenty of the country, I haven't been to Tassie but it is on the list, great beer, laid back from what friends have told me. Yeah Adelaide is nothing exciting.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #12
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty5083 View Post
only reason i stay in the northeast is cause my fiancee likes it other than that i would love to head to NC....
Yep all the damn yankees want to move down here to the south. that just proves that the south is better than the north.

I live here cause my parents have lived here all there life.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
I was born in this shithole called Arizona.

I wasn't lucky enough to be born on the east coast like my sister, and mother were.

I've moved away from Arizona twice (southern California then to the PA/DE border, for two years) but came back because my parents refuse to move.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
I live here because this is where my parents live and I have lived here my whole life. Plus I plan on going to ODU, so I am stuck for a while. No plans to move, as of right now.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, you saw plenty of the country, I haven't been to Tassie but it is on the list, great beer, laid back from what friends have told me. Yeah Adelaide is nothing exciting.
I only wish that I got to see the North half of the country. I did also get to go watch an Aussie Rules Football game in Melbourne. That was a hell of an experience. I loved it! I'm hoping to make it to the great barrier reef as well. I also want to pop over to New Zealand at some point. I was very close to going there as well while I was close to it, but I didn't have time.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I live here because the Job is here.... if the job moves, I'll go live where the job moves to...
Old 02-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #17
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
This is where the Army sent me!
Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
In all seriousness I live here because its where my parents are. Once I get my career started, which if all works out will be soon, I will hopefully be out of here and in Southern California within a year
Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #20
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Nah. not all - just the wimps and q-tips. Rest of us stay and know how to enjoy the whole year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Yep all the damn yankees want to move down here to the south. that just proves that the south is better than the north.

I live here cause my parents have lived here all there life.