Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Half-time show

Old 02-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
Half-time show

Worst in several years! It would have been nice if The Who had bothered to rehearse at least. I've seen groups that are older than them and still have it. This was just sad... Even through I'm not a huge fan of Janet Jackson or Justine Timberlake the acts that they've had since then don't have much of an edge (although some have still been good).

A friend's mother-in-law just had the quote of the night.

"They were called The Who now they should be called The Why."

Priceless...
Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 02-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
Kazz is a name known to allKazz is a name known to allKazz is a name known to allKazz is a name known to allKazz is a name known to allKazz is a name known to all
Kazz's Tacoma Gallery
I will take the Who over Janet or Justine any day. I admit there were a little out of sync but recovered near the end.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
it was pretty bad they need to retire
Old 02-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
thats one halftime show im glad ended......whatta joke that was.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #9
4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future4low2go has a brilliant future

4low2go's Tacoma Gallery
TW will pull you through the half-a**ed-time show
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
the acoustic guitar strokes didnt even match with the sound that was supposed to be it, so yes i am claiming they faked the acoustic guitar at the beginning
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
but it was The Who . . . I'd take them at their worst as opposed to any new artists. Maybe you prefer Taylor Swift?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #14
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I was just praying there wasn't going to be a wardrobe malfunction.

Also, they got out of sync because Pete Townshend saw a cute 12 year old girl in the audience.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #15
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
yeh it sucked pretty bad....
Old 02-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Why is it that a lot of major shows are always some OLD band performing that SUCKS? Who cares if they were good in their time. The point is they SUCK now so they should take their money they made, buy a nice ship, and sail away into a black hole.

You can't be good forever...and we don't want to listen forever....ahhh
Old 02-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
coglark07 is on a distinguished road

coglark07's Tacoma Gallery
nice gut shot on pete, see the old man messin with his shirt n shit?? i flipped the channel anyway.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #18
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Not the same band I saw some years ago, but the light show was probably the best I've seen since ZZ Top.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Ron View Post
but it was The Who . . . I'd take them at their worst as opposed to any new artists. Maybe you prefer Taylor Swift?
I thought the Who did well, I grew up with them. I agree they were not great but crap, the Who just played the Super Bowl

And unless you have seen Taylor live it's easy to discount her, she is very very good live. I shake my head like everyone else at her pitch problems, but live, she is very good.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
Show some respect man. They might have been out of sync but hard rock wouldn't be what it is today without The Who. Yeah I agree the should retire but show some respect,.
I agree! You can't expect them to give the same show they were able to back in the day. They were off a bit, but give em a break! The Who are definitely legends in the rock world. I actually liked the show and would rather have them on at halftime than a bunch of punk rap crap.