Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I did something stupid

Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
I did something stupid

I was fixing to saw up some wood this weekend, so I got out the chainsaw and started pulling the starter cord to start er up. It usually fires up on the 2nd or 3rd pull, but this time it wouldnt start. I probably pulled the cord 15-20 times, cursing in between why wont this thing start? Finally i had a stroke of genius and checked the gas tank, it was empty. Filled it up and started on the first pull. Doh!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
All of us on here have done something like that before, just be thankful there is nothing wrong with your chainsaw!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
All of us on here have done something like that before, just be thankful there is nothing wrong with your chainsaw!
X2. Thanks for the laugh.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Blue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Gregg
Blue Ten's Tacoma Gallery
You're not the first. My dad used to work on small engines as a side job. He had a man bring him a push mower one time and said "I've tried everything I know and it just won't crank. I've replaced the points, the spark plug, everything I can think of." Dad opened up the gas cap and said "Have you put any gas in it?". Man just turned red, loaded it back up and took it home. lol
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ten View Post
You're not the first. My dad used to work on small engines as a side job. He had a man bring him a push mower one time and said "I've tried everything I know and it just won't crank. I've replaced the points, the spark plug, everything I can think of." Dad opened up the gas cap and said "Have you put any gas in it?". Man just turned red, loaded it back up and took it home. lol
Wow, now that is stupid! lol
Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

haha yes that guy makes me look like a freaking Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
Wow, now that is stupid! lol
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ten View Post
Man, I know we are all human and they say if you dont mess up from time to time that you arent doing anything but damn, that is pretty dumb.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
I've actually run over a chain saw before.....it was my brother-in-law's. Many years ago (and not in a distant galaxy), I was 16 and had to go up the mountain where we were logging and bring down the saw and the log skidder. Needless to say the saw fell out of the skidder and I ran over it with the big machine and Canadian link chains. It was a wonderful greeting and a severe ass-kickin' that I got from my brother-in-law when I got to the bottom of the mountain.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #11
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Years ago I was tuning up my 68 Camaro and when I was done it wouldn't start. I got out of the car, checked the engine over, got back in the car and noticed the new rotor sitting on the cowl. Kinda need that to run.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Thank God! I thought you were going to tell us you cut some fingers off!!!!
Ditto. Like that guy who took his fingers off cleaning the chain on his bike with a rag and took pictures of it to put on the forums before calling the ambulance.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, yea always check the gas and ALWAYS check the bar oil before cranking one. thats the 1st thing I always do before even leaving the shop, and make sure it cranks before leaving too

And I have driven over one also in our dumptruck... that thing was done son
Old 02-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #14
Blue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Gregg
Blue Ten's Tacoma Gallery
I had a dog that my Mom accidently ran over one time. He wasn't hurt too bad, but he did lose an eye. He got part of his right front paw chopped off in a separate accident. And he chewed up an electrical cord while it was still plugged in. He was a good dog. We called him Lucky.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Happens to everyone.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
Local Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Ditto. Like that guy who took his fingers off cleaning the chain on his bike with a rag and took pictures of it to put on the forums before calling the ambulance.
If I chopped my fingers off I would DEFINITELY take some pictures for you guys while waiting for the ambulance to show up. Because I would hate for someone to have to post this in one of my threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Haha, yea always check the gas and ALWAYS check the bar oil before cranking one. thats the 1st thing I always do before even leaving the shop, and make sure it cranks before leaving too
You seem to be knowledgeable. Is there any chance I could have damaged something by trying to "dry start" the saw? I was thinking about this but I would imagine it is fine.
Also, oddly enough I keep a much closer eye on the bar oil than the gas, go figure.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #17
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I was down at the lake with my family and I launched my boat with my mom and ex-gf. They decided to put around in the cove while I was parking the truck. After about 30 min of trying to find a parking spot I walk down the ramp to the cove and see my boat in the cove. As I get closer I realize that the bilge pump is pumping water out the side. I thought to myself that is really odd because I just took the plug out yesterday after I pulled the boat out to let the hull drain. At that very second I realized that I didn't put the plug back in. I looked at the line of about 15 trucks wondering how much longer it would take me to wait in line and put the boat back on the trailer. I decided that would take to long so I jumped in the water and started towards the boat. My ex and mother had no idea what was going on. I looked on the floor and the water had already filled the ski locked up completely and water was filling the boat from the back to the front and stopped about the captain’s seat. I beach the boat. Got out my tools and put the plug in. Not really sure how I was able to hold onto the metal plug to screw it in without dropping it in the water but someone I managed. The bilge pump, pumped for about an hour and a half. I really thought my boat was going to sink. I have never seen so much water in there before. This was probably the most stupid thing I have ever done. Since then I haven't forgotten to put the plug in since.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #18
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I usually stuff a rag in the airbox of my dirtbike when I clean the air filter. Well one time I went ahead and washed the bike too. After wards I usually ride it up the road a few times to dry it. I sat there kicking it for about 5 minutes, pulled the plug and it looked fine, put it back in and kicked for another 5 minutes untill I realized the rag was still in there! I have proceeded to do this 2 more times since then so don't feel bad lol.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #19
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I was down at the lake with my family and I launched my boat with my mom and ex-gf. They decided to put around in the cove while I was parking the truck. After about 30 min of trying to find a parking spot I walk down the ramp to the cove and see my boat in the cove. As I get closer I realize that the bilge pump is pumping water out the side. I thought to myself that is really odd because I just took the plug out yesterday after I pulled the boat out to let the hull drain. At that very second I realized that I didn't put the plug back in. I looked at the line of about 15 trucks wondering how much longer it would take me to wait in line and put the boat back on the trailer. I decided that would take to long so I jumped in the water and started towards the boat. My ex and mother had no idea what was going on. I looked on the floor and the water had already filled the ski locked up completely and water was filling the boat from the back to the front and stopped about the captainís seat. I beach the boat. Got out my tools and put the plug in. Not really sure how I was able to hold onto the metal plug to screw it in without dropping it in the water but someone I managed. The bilge pump, pumped for about an hour and a half. I really thought my boat was going to sink. I have never seen so much water in there before. This was probably the most stupid thing I have ever done. Since then I haven't forgotten to put the plug in since.
When I had my boat, I had nightmares of doing that same thing. Luckily, it never happened. I'm surprised too, because that is the type of thing I would do.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
When I had my boat, I had nightmares of doing that same thing. Luckily, it never happened. I'm surprised too, because that is the type of thing I would do.
Well when you are launching the boat there are some many other things to remember and there is so much going on. I try and launch it as quickly as I can as there is usually a line. drinks, towels, food, tool kit, ropes, unstrap the boat, trailer light disconnect, keys, life jackets, Tube, wakeboard, air pump, smokes, and wallet. Even though the plug is probably the most important thing to remember. I have only done this twice. Hopefully never again. Its the worst feeling.