1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by UpstateTacoma, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    UpstateTacoma

UpstateTacoma [OP] I'd rather be diving than working..

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!
    All Stock, future mods will be audio only!!
    Yes she is completely deaf, and she was awesome at first. but now its not right between us and my daughter is always seeing us argue and it upsets her alot. I am thinking of my daughter, which is why i am making an issue that my wife doesnt move out of town or the child support stops. (most judges allows that)

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    jimker55

jimker55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco
    I think a female needs to chime in about the sex part. Have you guys tried going to a counselor? Most ins will cover it. If you think you are done and really want out the counselor won't work. You both have got to want to try to put your relationship back together a way that makes both of you happy. good luck!

3. Feb 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    UpstateTacoma

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!

Well we both are mutual about everything down to the line we are not gonna challenge each other but only thing that i am asking of her is joint custody of the child. This way i get my daughter more. but yeah it sucks right now.

4. Feb 10, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    Been there done that, if you need to talk PM me man.

5. Feb 10, 2010 at 2:21 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    that may be one problem,take her out.i'm 45,my wife is 12 years younger than me,and she cant keep up with me.i think our drive goes up with age and theirs go down.:D

6. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8

HOLY COW!!!! My wife and I have been together almost 19 years (5 dating/14 married)..I am 39 yrs old and we average 2 or 3 times a week. I realize that may be above the norm, BUT 1 or 2 times a month is NOT normal!!!

Ya'll need some counseling... at the very least a sit down with each other and talk about ALL the problems!!

I have been blessed with a very understanding wife. I have 2 passions and they are softball and my truck. We came to an understanding years ago that I could have far worse habits like gambling, drinking, womanizing, drugs...etc.... It's all about communication and looking at all perspectives. GOOD LUCK BRO!!!

7. Feb 10, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    as shitty as it sounds, you have to make yourself #1 priority. if youre not happy, no ones happy. take care of your kid and do your daddy deeds, but dont stay in a loveless relationship cause you think its best for the kid. the kid sees the arguing, the bickering and the hate. if anything, go get an apartment nearby and try the separation thing a bit. hire a good lawyer, cause she sounds like a biatch (please take it in the spirit intended.) good luck man.

8. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Working on a marriage is like working on your tacoma... sometimes you have to mod it to enjoy it even more so!

I'm not gonna tell you what to do... but try to think of the overall picture before making life changing decisions.

9. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM
    DorsoDoug

DorsoDoug Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Greater Pittsburg, PA (Ohio River Valley)
    Vehicle:
    '08 AC SR5, 2.7L, 4 x 4, Black Sand Pearl
    Rear TSB, 1.75" 5100s, 265/70/16 TRD BFGs, Anthracite FJ TRD wheels Toyota Seat Covers, Killer Toyotal All-Weather Mats, Black Window Tint
    you will find out who values money more as soon as divorce proceedings commence. i will give you some insight. it will be her. and both of your attorneys. brace yourself and good luck. 8 years, one child, a good income & a hungry ruthless quartet against you: your wife, her lawyer, your lawyer (yes), and the judge (a lawyer!). the fix is in. you can pm me when you find i am wrong _ but i won't be. and i am not a woman hater. not at all. but the justice system is anything but. and the attorneys fuel the fire at your expense. they say divorces cost so much bc they are worth it. and they are - to the lawyers. God bless. be honest. do the right things. and take your medicine. learn. forgive and move on with no regrets.
    ka-ching

10. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8

It may sound corny and it made me laugh, but truer words have never been spoken!!!! Good job JAG!!!

^^^^never met a lawyer I totally trusted....and I deal with them on a daily basis..Once again good luck Bro!!1

11. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:18 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    ahaha! Thanks! ;)

12. Feb 11, 2010 at 9:34 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    divorce is hard on a kid but bottom line is, if mommy and daddy aren't happy then she's not happy. even if you dont get along anymore and you get divorced and hate each other, you need to be able to come together when it comes to your child. you need to be able to reach common ground and agree on how she is raised. and most importantly neither of you can bad mouth the other to the daughter. i hate seeing that shit.

aside from that i cant really give you any input since i dont personally know you and i'm only getting one side of the story. Good luck

13. Feb 11, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    i come from a divorced family myself. mom and dad separated when i was 2. It was def. rough for me. I never had a set schedule. my dad was mentally abusive and tried making me feel bad for everything i did, as well as other things that i do not wish to throw out. needless to say, i ended up packing up my stuff my junior year of high school because i couldnt take it any more. (took me that long to grow the balls to do this because he had me so screwed up in the head) i have improved tremendously since then but it was tough.

my point here is, you have a daughter. You need to do what is right for her. If you guys do separate, make damn sure you make it as easy as possible for her. She is getting to that age where she is finding out who she is and sooner than you think, she will start developing those wonderful hormones and she doesnt need any more stress than she already has there.

do what is best, man. sucks to here this. best of luck to you.

14. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    UpstateTacoma

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!
    I have tried many times to take her out but its like she dont want to do anything. its always the same thing over and over.. $$$$

15. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    UpstateTacoma

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!

I agree. I think the world of my daughter but sometimes i think my wife may have turned her agaist me. For example. Today is V-day. She doesnt make alot of money but she asked me if she could use 30 bucks to buy my daughter a game. I said ok sure, (which is ironic, since i wanted to buy her a lava lamp for vday.) I expected it to be from the both of us, but yet she gave it to my daughter and said it was from her. I was like WTF.... (Sigh) Tired of her bullshit and having to do everything her way. I spent yesterday apt hunting and got an apt today. Will be moving out on April 1st, and will be legally seperated on that month as well.

16. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    UpstateTacoma

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!
    Well lucky for me, she has already agreed to everything i want. Her main goal is full custody. All i have to do is threaten that i will fight for custody and she like ok you win. So far i am the only one that has a lawyer, and its an unconsected divorce so we have agreeded to everything as long as she gets our daughter. Even neogated the child support (which in sc if both party agrees to the amount, then its acceptable.)

17. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    UpstateTacoma

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!
    ND, I agree. I have noticed that un happy mom and dad that are still together spend most of their times arguing which in turn makes the kid misterable. By the way you are only 10 mins away. You need to come down and do a mod time with me (need to plan a time.) keep me updated on the next SEOR meet again ok.

18. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    UpstateTacoma

Member:
    Greenville SC
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner!!!
    YEah my parents divorced when i was 3. I was shifted back and forth between the two people so,... I wont let that happen to her. On the weekends i get her, she will have the best time of her life.

Products Discussed in

To Top