Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

anybody here play the guitar?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
anybody here play the guitar?

have you seen the takamine LTD2010???its so SEXY. but its like 2500 dollars
Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I've been playing for a few years now. It's really relaxing and fun. I love playing and singing around the camp fire or at a kitchen party with a few cold ones!

My wife got me an electric Guitar and amp for Xmas!!

Cheers.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i play a little but I stink. I have an old Memphis electric and a newer ovation electric/acoustic, I would really love to take a lesson or two but never seems to be time
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #5
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
I am a bassist. I have an electric guitar and amp for sale. Pm me if your interested.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Tacos View Post
I love my Takamine but that one is not my style... My next A/E will be this.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I have a fender stratocaster. I haven't played in years though I was never all that good though lol
Old 02-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
I love my Takamine but that one is not my style... My next A/E will be this.
4G's
Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #9
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
4G's
Haha well I might settle for the 814ce for $2999 but I've played them both and I can tell a difference in the two. Plus I won't be making this purchase until I graduate. I have enough guitars already.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #10
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i play. i have a couple electrics and an acoustic. i love my acoustic becuase nobody has ever heard of it and it plays fantasitc. great sound, perfect action. its a terrada guitar, its hard to find any information on it. i believe its from the 70's. one of the best acoustics i've ever played.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting guitar...but that kinda artwork is something I'd rather see on a 500 dollar acoustic, not a 2k dollar acoustic. For that money I'd rather have a martin.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #12
EBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really nice

Name: Rob
EBBS03's Tacoma Gallery
I'd rather have this over either one posted: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ELAID=26041439
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
EBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really niceEBBS03 is just really nice

Name: Rob
EBBS03's Tacoma Gallery
And I don't mean that to sound cocky and say you guys don't have taste. I've just never played an acoustic that was over $700 and felt/heard a difference.

I just like Gretsch cause they are pretty versatile guitars. Acoustic, electric, punk rock, blues, jazz, country. They can do it all, and look fantastic while doing it. I love my Brian Setzer 6120, and miss my 1964 Anniversary 6118.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #14
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Only costs 1k more haha

Not every expensive guitar is worth it...I've definitely played some that are worth every penny...and...I own a few too.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBBS03 View Post
And I don't mean that to sound cocky and say you guys don't have taste. I've just never played an acoustic that was over $700 and felt/heard a difference.
My guitar instructor has the same sentiment for the mass produced guitars. He personally knows the owner of Taylor guitars. He said once you get over $1500, you're pretty much just paying for looks.

I have a Martin XC1T Ellipse. Nice guitar with a great sound.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #16
Addicted to V8s

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
On the note of good cheap guitars...PRS just released a ton of new SE models...the Mikael Akerfeldt is pretty sweet
Old 02-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have an Air Guitar for sale, if you're interested? Has hardly been played, no pick rub anywhere on the guitar. Very lightweight, and always works. PM if interested, I have it on eBay so hurry if you want it.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
I *had* an original '74 ovation roundback at one point in time. Sold it not know what it was or how valuable it was. *sigh* Once of my life lessons I wash I could do over. Anyhow, I've got an early 70s vintage Strat now. I can't play for shit, and have zero musical talent. I play, even though it takes my at least 4 times as long as the next guy to learn someting....because I *can*! Fuck Guitar Hero. For less money you can learn how to play the REAL thing and get pussy to boot!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #19
ryber will become famous soon enoughryber will become famous soon enough

Name: Ryan
ryber's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the 2 guitars I currently own right now a martin DC16RGTE and a larrivee D03-R . I prefer playing the larrivee. I have owned everything from a 200$ epiphone to a 3000$ martin D-35 and there is a big difference between 700 and 1500$ guitars IMO.. Once you get up into this money range its all solid wood construction..ebony fretboards.. bone saddles and nuts and they sound so much fuller and livelier and much easier to play at that.. But then again its all personal preference and it can be argued all day long.. I have played some 700$ yamahas that blew me away.. It comes down to what you like, I like my larrivee over all the martins ive owned and its significantly cheaper
Best thing to do is play the hell out of it and if you love it and it speaks to you buy it... whether its 200 or 700 or 1500 or 5000 (as long as you can afford it)

anybody here play the guitar?-dscn0646.jpg

anybody here play the guitar?-009.jpg
Old 05-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #20
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
On the note of good cheap guitars...PRS just released a ton of new SE models...the Mikael Akerfeldt is pretty sweet
I have the SE Custom Semi Hollow, after a long line of Les Pauls. Since I'm not gigging anymore there's no point in having the anchor around my neck- and this thing is surprisingly good for a mid point guitar.

And it reminds me of (but can't come close to) the '68 Gibson 335 I bought for $400 in 1978, and kept for 25 years.