Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Any real estate professionals here? Couple of Q's

Old 02-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
Any real estate professionals here? Couple of Q's

Since the economy is in turmoil and the housing market in shambles, I decided to start looking for houses because I realized if there was ever a time to buy, it's now.

So my g/f and I searched for a month and finally found the one.
It's a short sale through Chase bank and the seller has an attorney involved.
We submitted the first offer, the seller's attorney countered. I submitted another offer, just shy of what they were asking and the seller's attorney advised them to accept the offer. The house was on the market for around 2 or 3 weeks.
The seller accepted the offer and it was submitted to the bank with the hardship letter and "short sale package"

This was on Jan 21st. My biggest concern is closing by June 30th to get the $8k tax incentive. Do you think that is feasible?
What would be even better is closing before April 15th so that I can get the $8k on this year's tax return.

Does anyone have any idea how long it might take? I've heard that Chase bank is one of the worst for short sales.

Do you think the chances of the bank accepting my offer are better since there is an attorney involved. Not for any legal or intimidation reasons, but because the attorney has already done some of the leg work as far as coming up with a price and list of comparables.

The house was built in 2005 and sold for $280k. The offer the seller accepted was $138k, no closing costs.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I would think that would be plenty of time. They should have it by april 15th.