1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Angels & Airwaves - Free Album

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Reznor88, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
    For those of you into Angels & Airwaves and those that have never checked them out, their new album is up on their website for the low low price of free.

Check it out, you don't even have to register...just click download.

http://modlife.com/AngelsAndAirwaves

Normally I just download whatever I want anyway but I love when bands offer the album up for free and accept donations. I have no problem throwing in $5 when I know it's going directly to the artist.

Little background on AVA from wikipedia for those that haven't heard of them:

Angels & Airwaves (often abbreviated as "AVA") are an alternative rock band led by Blink-182 and Box Car Racer guitarist/vocalist Tom DeLonge. The band also includes guitarist David Kennedy, notably from Over My Dead Body, Hazen Street and Box Car Racer, drummer Atom Willard from The Offspring and Rocket from the Crypt and former 30 Seconds to Mars bassist Matt Wachter, who replaced former The Distillers bassist Ryan Sinn in May 2007.

The band has released three studio albums thus far: We Don't Need to Whisper (2006), I-Empire (2007) and LOVE (2010). They also have released a documentary Start the Machine (2008) and are working on their first feature film also entitled LOVE (2010).

On February 10, 2009 Tom DeLonge posted a blog on Modlife stating that, "Angels and Airwaves is never going to go away", bringing an end to any lingering rumors of a possible break-up of the band due to the reformation of Blink-182.

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Good find!

3. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    they're trying the thing radiohead did where they gave it for free and asked for donations

4. Feb 16, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    ^^yeah i actually love radiohead... angels and airwaves not so much... but heck it was free... oh wait ***cough cough donation based****

Products Discussed in

To Top