Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The watch thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #321
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up one of these.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #322
Gaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shedGaston is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dean
Gaston's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a German watch for my 40th birthday. It came on black leather with a deployment, but I'll just wear that band for dressy occasions. Green canvas as the daily, and camo tan NATO as a field band.

Stowa Ikarus, which is a flieger with a logo and date, but styled with a rhodium dial.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #323
skynet is on a distinguished road
skynet's Tacoma Gallery
I usually wear a Nixon unit to work everyday but I've been eyeing an IWC Portuguese and tried one on today.... So nice, but who could ever justify a 10Plus thousand dollar watch. maybe I just need a better job
Old 08-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #324
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
I have gone through many watches over the last 15 years or so, but I wear a timex now, I just got a new weekender with a two tone blue and grey strap. I also still have my goofy backwards watch I had in grade school, I just need a new strap and a battery.

On a side note, if anyone reads Octane magazine, this month they have a bundle with a very nice watch mag.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #325
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
I cut back on my watches but still have a few. Would like to get a nice heart rate watch for when I'm running and Mt. biking.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:29 AM   #326
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Finally picked up this classic piece. The moon watch.
Attached Thumbnails
The watch thread-20141008_232506_lls.jpg  
Old 10-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #327
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Finally picked up this classic piece. The moon watch.
Nice!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #328
Mathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Disabled Vet
Mathen's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a thread I can play in as a new guy. The 88 Rue due Rhone I'm wearing today.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #329
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Very cool!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #330
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Any recommendations on a watch with a rubber band? I had an Invicta watch (which I really liked) but it fell apart with 10 months, so I don't know if I want to go back with that brand.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:01 AM   #331
When u pray for rain, u gotta deal w/the mud too!
MICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMICK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard Head
MICK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
Any recommendations on a watch with a rubber band? I had an Invicta watch (which I really liked) but it fell apart with 10 months, so I don't know if I want to go back with that brand.
My G-Shock has been through hell and back. Looks brand new still.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:07 AM   #332

Quote:
I have an Ebel Classic Sport Chronograph, but it could be considered a little pricey for a casual wear watch. What price range are you looking at?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #333
gdog is on a distinguished road

gdog's Tacoma Gallery
Blue faced Rolex Submariner
G
Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #334
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Sending in my Tag professional diver model to Tag today for service. Seems the new batteries do not last as long as the old school ones and that had me shaking my head pondering why with all the new tech advancements?

Bought it in St Lucia in 2001.. first battery lasted until 20010 before EOL function activated. New battery just hit EOL function 2 days ago... WTF?

Got 9 years out of new battery when watch was new (who knows how long it was in the store) and now only 5 years out of it.

I know I could swap out the battery myself, but the band is stretched and the crystal scratched so I'm sending it to the pros.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #335
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have an Ebel Classic Sport Chronograph, but it could be considered a little pricey for a casual wear watch. What price range are you looking at?
Maybe a few hundred. Will be worn mostly in hospital setting (currently a nursing student) so it will be washed and wiped with disinfectant wipes pretty often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICK View Post
My G-Shock has been through hell and back. Looks brand new still.
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Sending in my Tag professional diver model to Tag today for service. Seems the new batteries do not last as long as the old school ones and that had me shaking my head pondering why with all the new tech advancements?

Bought it in St Lucia in 2001.. first battery lasted until 20010 before EOL function activated. New battery just hit EOL function 2 days ago... WTF?

Got 9 years out of new battery when watch was new (who knows how long it was in the store) and now only 5 years out of it.

I know I could swap out the battery myself, but the band is stretched and the crystal scratched so I'm sending it to the pros.
My thoughts are that, given that batteries have a shelf life, some go too long, and when used as a replacement, they simply don't last as long as "fresh" batteries. Im with you on sending it in though. Let the folks who built it mess with it. I made the mistake of having a mall jewelry store swap a battery out on one of my watches, and they fucked up the back (scratched the shit out of it), then said "Well......we wont charge you for the battery"........No shit? THANKS FUCK HOLES! Ever since then, if you have a nice watch, send it in. most higher end watch makers will "refurbish" the watch, even if just sent in for a battery change.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #337
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seiko makes some great decently priced pieces that come with rubber bands. The SKX007 for example, is an excellent piece that will last for years to come.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #338
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
flat black square fossil, and typical round gshock for work.

nothing crazy.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #339
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
My thoughts are that, given that batteries have a shelf life, some go too long, and when used as a replacement, they simply don't last as long as "fresh" batteries. Im with you on sending it in though. Let the folks who built it mess with it. I made the mistake of having a mall jewelry store swap a battery out on one of my watches, and they fucked up the back (scratched the shit out of it), then said "Well......we wont charge you for the battery"........No shit? THANKS FUCK HOLES! Ever since then, if you have a nice watch, send it in. most higher end watch makers will "refurbish" the watch, even if just sent in for a battery change.

Hmmm...makes sense.

Yea, Tag doesn't mess around. Last time I sent it in they replaced the crystal, replaced some of the bent links in the band, lubed it up, pressure tested it, extended the warranty 2 years (think it's only 1 year now), and cleaned the entire watch all for the cost of battery replacement. It was over $100, but I could care less for service like that. I wear it every single day regardless of what I am doing (working, kayaking, swimming, diving, skiing in -20*, etc.) and it has taken one hell of a beating over the years. Ill never buy another watch until this one implodes to the point it can not be fixed.

I feel naked now with no watch on... hope they get it back fast.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:06 AM   #340
Greenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
Greenpants's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Hmmm...makes sense.

Yea, Tag doesn't mess around. Last time I sent it in they replaced the crystal, replaced some of the bent links in the band, lubed it up, pressure tested it, extended the warranty 2 years (think it's only 1 year now), and cleaned the entire watch all for the cost of battery replacement. It was over $100, but I could care less for service like that. I wear it every single day regardless of what I am doing (working, kayaking, swimming, diving, skiing in -20*, etc.) and it has taken one hell of a beating over the years. Ill never buy another watch until this one implodes to the point it can not be fixed.

I feel naked now with no watch on... hope they get it back fast.
The battey on my Tag usually lasts about five years. You must have set a record with your first battery. when you have a watch like that you want the seals done & pressure tested. Small money for great service on a very nice timepiece. I have always worn mine everyday. Way too nice to keep in a drawer . This is my second Formula 1 in twelve years .I had my first for many years & traded it in on a new one last year. Very tuff watches.

Products Discussed in this Thread