Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The watch thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Breitling=Very nice!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Im a Seiko guy. Titanium only as I dont like the weight of a watch on my wrist
Old 08-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #24
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I never "jonesed" for a watch which is why there's always a Timex on my wrist-but I do have an old Wittnauer 2000 that I inherited that WILL be gone over and used someday and a neat Seiko I bought for my Dad...
Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #25
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
oOoOoOoOoOo watches...

I like watches. I bought my Tag Heuer back in 1998 in Singapore. It has been cleaned internally one time and runs great. It is a European model Automatic Chronograph. As you can see, I wear it everyday.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #27
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Tissot Ballade

Stainless Steel, Sapphire Crystal, water resistant 3atm / 30m / 100ft. I love my watch & hope to pass it on to my Son when he gets older.

Was in the market for a nice watch, but didn't want to spend $400 or $500 for an everday watch. Picked this one up for a steal. I was in Key West walking down Duvall St. A duty free jewelry store was going out of business. I picked up a $350 watch ( every where else I looked), for $180 tax free.

(I will take a picture later)
Old 08-20-2008, 03:58 AM   #28
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i got a gold paolo gucci watch. its nice.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 AM   #29
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Classy Watches

I have a Fossil I bought off ebay & an inexpensive Sport Watch. Its taken me a long time getting use to wearing one for I hate having anything tight around my wrist (even those bar/beer tent wristbands ) Also it has to be on the left arm or not at all. Like all the pics & posts for I'm learning more about watches. Some classy time pieces here. Nice Thread Squad
Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #30
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Rolex and Timex
Old 08-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #31
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
i'm currently wearing a Tissot limited edition nickey haden moto gp chamionship series watch.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #33
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i find that overstock.com has great deals on all kinds of watches.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #34
It's TACO time!
DFPTaco has a spectacular aura aboutDFPTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Josh
DFPTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anything Invicta or Nixon. I have a shite load of watches.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #35
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
LUMI-NOX Series 3000

My wife bought this for me....

I only wear it once in a while.....

Fantastic watch.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #36
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk and I have to tell you it is an awesome watch. I am a Marine (0311 so it has taken a beating) and have worn it through both Afghanistan and Iraqi with about 14 other country's along the way, it has never failed or caused me to second guess the time no matter the situation. I think you can find them now for about $450.00
Old 08-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #37
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
Semper Fi, Marine. You deserve a good watch.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #38
sidewinder is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SMSgt
sidewinder's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite is my Omega Speedmaster, first watch worn on the moon. Bought it two years ago from AAFES, discount and no tax. I have a few Swiss Army watches and several G-Shocks. Bought a second Ironman when I lost my first, which I later found. I also run with a Garmin Forerunner 405/heartrate monitor. Highly recommended.

Takes me a while to leave the house in the morning, need a minute or two to decide which watch to wear.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #39
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Guess I'll bump this thread. Looks like I need a new watch. My G-Shock Waveceptor solar won't charge. It's been about 3 years since I got it so it's out of warranty, and I'm betting it'll cost more than the $70 or so I paid for it to get it repaired. I'm thinking I'm just better off getting a new watch. *sigh*

I'm usually hard on watches so I've been leaning towards G-Shock ones for the last few years, but seems like even those die every 2-3 years. Last one lasted 3 years I think (maybe longer) before the battery died. That's to be expected, but the new battery only lasted one year. Maybe less as I gave it to my wife, but she hardly worn it (so the backlight, hourly chime and alarms were never used on the new battery). Seems like I should've gotten more than 1 year out of a brand new battery so I'm thinking the watch itself is bad.

I'm tired of buying new watches every couple of years when they die suddenly, but I don't want to spend hundreds on a new one. Suggestions? Thinking about looking at something other than Casio. I prefer digital, especially if I can do 24hr format. Don't really use alarms, timers, or stopwatch functions however shock and water resistant are required.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #40
Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication
Mr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the rough

Mr Wiggles's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love a Breitling. $15,000 on a watch is far too rich for my blood. My ideal realistic watch collection would be (i've already told the girlfriend when i put a ring on her finger, i will need one or all of these )

Everyday:

Sports:

And for dressy occasions, a vintage Bulova or Omega, something like this:

A guy can dream, can't he?!

For now, i'll just stick to my all-uses Tissot

Products Discussed in this Thread