Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The watch thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #42
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my new project.....A 1980 Seiko H558-5009 analog/digital dive watch.Nicknamed the "Arnold" because it was first made famous by Arnie in "Commando" and then became his daily wearer.In rough shape for sure,I was given this by a good friend from work who was the original owner.He had sent it back to Seiko about ten years ago,but had thrown it in the "drawer of no return".All functions are operating,however the protective plastic shroud had been broken,which was a very common problem,the crystal is badly scratched and pitted,the face and chapter ring are faded,the lume is shot,the hands are rough and the original strap was toast......Other than that,it's mint.

My first order of business was to order an aluminum,powdercoated replacement shroud.A gentleman makes these and sells them on the 'bay for $45.I put a zulu band on it so I can wear it and have been at work for the past couple of months.I'll pick away at the other replacement parts over the next little while and look forward to returning it to it's former glory.......Check it out.

Broken original plastic shroud

New aluminum shroud,the beginning of the resto...

Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #43
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this one a couple years ago with some money I received after my mom passed away. Thought it would be a nice long term gift from her. I love this watch...

Old 11-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #45
jnolan88 is a name known to alljnolan88 is a name known to alljnolan88 is a name known to alljnolan88 is a name known to alljnolan88 is a name known to alljnolan88 is a name known to all

jnolan88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #46
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery

I want this one, but I currently wear Fossil watches.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #47
snjkid372 is on a distinguished road
snjkid372's Tacoma Gallery
nixon watches are really nice...i just bought a casio g shock glide series watch and it is great so far
Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #48
Stop talking and START wheeling
RicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really niceRicnDenver is just really nice

Army: Co.C 6/31st Inf.
RicnDenver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
My wife bought this for me....

I only wear it once in a while.....

Fantastic watch.
very nice, and a good wife.. I want that watch.
right now Ive got a Invicata Grnad Diver Pro:

What I wear on the trail is a Lorus divers watch, bought it about 15 years ago, the very first thing I bought myself after my divorce still going strong.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #49
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Some beautiful watches Gents!
Old 11-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #50
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
my sister works for movado. i get 60% off so thats my favorite watch
Old 11-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #51
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
my sister works for movado. i get 60% off so thats my favorite watch
Hey....Buddy!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #52
Pbucks is on a distinguished road
Pbucks's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the TAG Heuer 2000 Aquaracer while on a cruise ship last June. I saw it the year before but couldn't see me spend 1K for a watch at the time. Now that I pulled the trigger I'm really love wearing a high-end watch and will be adding others in the future to start a small watch collection. Heck, I'm worth it...and I'm sure you are to. Go ahead and get what you want.
Pete
Attached Thumbnails
The watch thread-tag_wab1110.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #53
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Addicted to Watches?

Searched and couldn't find a watch lover's page...

Anyone addicted to watches? What brands do you prefer?
And post pics of your collections!

I'm an Invicta guy, here they are, enjoy!

Subaqua III with 3 additional bands

Skeleton Mechanical

Reserve Sea Rover

Russian Diver

Python

Pro Diver Automatic

Offshore Russian Diver

Ocean Ghost Automatic

Invicta II Gunmetal

Reserve Excursion

Corduba
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #54
pizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nicepizzo is just really nice

pizzo's Tacoma Gallery
got a few watches that ranges from a casio to an omega. too many to list.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #55
xtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the rough

xtotalanarcoix's Tacoma Gallery
I suffered from a severe watch problem for sometime hahaha, it was cutting into my truck funds too much so I have slowly weened myself off of them. Well at least buying new ones, I still enjoy the ones I have.

Invicta are fun to collect they have a wide variety of designs, great price, and quality that is hard to beat in the price point.

Have you seen?
http://invicta.chronoshark.com/
Old 02-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #56
xtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the roughxtotalanarcoix is a jewel in the rough

xtotalanarcoix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzo View Post
got a few watches that ranges from a casio to an omega. too many to list.
mummm Omega
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #57
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtotalanarcoix View Post
Every day!

Also:

http://www.invictasundayrun.com/ 1 or multiple Invictas every Sunday and crazy reduced prices, once they're gone, they're gone!

http://www.worldofwatches.com/ Has various watch brands and also "time bombs", "daily deals" for him and her, and emails showing secret giveaways that are not featured on the site if you purchase from world of watches

http://www.shopnbc.com/ features "top values" and "value pays" on multiple brands of watches

also always amazon.com
Old 02-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #58
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I have two. I wear my Omega Seamaster every day. Had it for 10 years now. Just had to replace the stainless bracelet on it (500.00!). Otherwise, its been bulletproof.

My nice, evening/event watch is a Breitling Chrono SuperOcean
Old 02-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #59
sxgt is on a distinguished road
sxgt's Tacoma Gallery
I am fond of automatic watches. Recently I have been searching for a particular type of automatic. Haven't found the right one yet. Some brands I like are Seiko, Oris, and Lum-Tec.

I like watchrecon.com to view alot of different watches to find the 'next' one.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #60
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
It's all about practicality for me.

Love Casios. Not flashy or very exclusive, but they are nails and have some great features.

Products Discussed in this Thread