Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need some work boot advice

Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
LVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LVTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Need some work boot advice

This is for the contruction boys on the forum. I'm an electrician (2nd year apprentice) and need some good comfy boots to replace my current ones. Found a pair of steel toe work Danners I really like (big fan of tactical boots, ergo and comfort). Was looking for some insight or opinions of boots you got, ones you like/dislike. Not really a big fan of Red Wing or Timberlands and don't know much about Wolverines. I live out in Vegas so breathability is a big deal as well. Any input?

link: http://www.danner.com/product/boots/...+work+boots.do
Old 02-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
red wings
Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
I know you said you don't like Timberland but the Titan Oxford works great for me. I also have a pair of Rocky GorTex.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tony Lama TXL, I have had mine for 2 years and I wear them allmost every day.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
Justin work boots, wear mine every day i have 3 different pair, one for work and two for play very comfortable, and made in the USA.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #7
cdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura about

Name: Christopher
cdn_bacon's Tacoma Gallery
Redwings are great boots...but I prefer the Timberland Titan. Super comfy and the titanium plates in the boot make it very light compared to a steel plated boot.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Danner is a great boot.
Used them for many years hiking and construction work.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Danner is a great boot.
Used them for many years hiking and construction work.
i have a pair of Danner Arctic 1000 i wear hunting, no matter how cold it gets my feet are warm. Also Rocky boots are very comfortable.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've had red wings, danners, and tried a pair of wolverines. I'd say the Danners and wolverines were the best.

The Danners I had were the Journeyman and they lasted for several years until finally the soles split. Unfortunately, they can't be resoled because part of the sole is welded(?) to the leather. If it was all stitched, they could be recrafted at Danner. Make sure you get a pair with Electrical Hazard rating being that you are an electrician.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
doug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of lightdoug355r is a glorious beacon of light

doug355r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVTacoma View Post
This is for the contruction boys on the forum. I'm an electrician (2nd year apprentice) and need some good comfy boots to replace my current ones. Found a pair of steel toe work Danners I really like (big fan of tactical boots, ergo and comfort). Was looking for some insight or opinions of boots you got, ones you like/dislike. Not really a big fan of Red Wing or Timberlands and don't know much about Wolverines. I live out in Vegas so breathability is a big deal as well. Any input?

link: http://www.danner.com/product/boots/...+work+boots.do
5.11 make some of the most comfortable boots i have worn. Converse also makes a tactical style boot that is fairly comfortable.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug355r View Post
5.11 make some of the most comfortable boots i have worn. Converse also makes a tactical style boot that is fairly comfortable.
5.11 boots are very light, I wore them in Basic Law Enforcement Training.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #14
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
5.11's are great. I currently wear Bates or Original Swat. Both are great but my needs are different as I need them to be waterproof. Blackhawks are nice, so are Altama's. Check out Brigade Quatermaster for some good deals.

http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tam...tore/index.tam
Old 02-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #16
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
The best boots you'll find anywhere are Wesco boots. Pricey but worth it. You can buy them off the shelf or they'll custom make them for you. They'll also rebuild them when needed. My riding boots are the best boots I've ever had.

https://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/
Old 02-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #17
06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDsport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
06TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
I used to like Redwings. I had three pair that were really comfortable and lasted a while. The last pair the sole came off in three months. I would go with Danners if I could find a pair that I like that were made in the USA.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #18
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
My last work boots I ordered directly from Danner in Portland Oregon and much too my surprise when they arrived is they are in a box marked Made in CHINA

The problem I have with that is they shipped jobs too China and didn't drop the price to me the consumer

Fuk that, if I'm going to support China's economy I at least want a reach around while getting back doored
Old 02-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #19
LVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Carhartt makes some aesthetically nice boots too, I just dont know how I feel about Carhartt boots? Make great gear but I havent seen anyone rockin them or have even heard about them till I searched. I have a pair of Bates Tactical Sports mids I wear to work with Scholl inserts. Like walking on a cloud, but I need steel toes and I've only been wearin these for 4 months and the heel panel stiching on the outside has blown out already
Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
if they are made in China then I don't want them. gonna research real quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
My last work boots I ordered directly from Danner in Portland Oregon and much too my surprise when they arrived is they are in a box marked Made in CHINA

The problem I have with that is they shipped jobs too China and didn't drop the price to me the consumer

Fuk that, if I'm going to support China's economy I at least want a reach around while getting back doored