Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Govt wants money from tabacco companys

Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Govt wants money from tabacco companys

Well I dont agree with smoking but this defiently is not right. I guess Obama is trying to recoup some of his expenses...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35485552...s-us_business/
Old 02-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

IBTL!
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
In before the
Old 02-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and from the article:

Paragraph 1: "The Obama administration asked the Supreme Court Friday to allow the government to seek nearly $300 billion..."

Paragraph 2: "Both sides in a landmark, decade-long legal fight over smoking took their case to the high court Friday."

He's been president for 10 years?

EDIT: "Friday's filings with the Supreme Court mark the latest phase in a lawsuit that began during Bill Clinton's presidency."

Ahhh -- It's all Clinton's fault.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

damn yall and your locks!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
Well I dont agree with smoking but this defiently is not right. I guess Obama is trying to recoup some of his expenses...

You might not think so if you had seen as many people die a slow painful death as I have, many of them smoked for the first time while in the service, smokes were part of the rations back then. Big tobacco has been adding chemicals to smokes for years that serve no other purpose than making people slaves to their products. BT is the most evil industry out there, much worse than the oil or insurance industry IMO.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
You might not think so if you had seen as many people die a slow painful death as I have, many of them smoked for the first time while in the service, smokes were part of the rations back then. Big tobacco has been adding chemicals to smokes for years that serve no other purpose than making people slaves to their products. BT is the most evil industry out there, much worse than the oil or insurance industry IMO.
Can people really cry "I didnt know they were bad for me" anymore? I mean c'mon smoking kills. everyone should know that by now. If you dont want that harmfull shit in your body then dont smoke!
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can people really cry "I didnt know they were bad for me" anymore? I mean c'mon smoking kills. everyone should know that by now. If you dont want that harmfull shit in your body then dont smoke!
Thats true people your age do, those who fought in WW-2 didnt have the warning on their pack or the studies we have, hell back then Doctors encouraged patients to smoke. Think of the strain social security & Medicare/caid have taken from caring for people with COPD & Lung CA, its time to take some of that back. I dont think it should be banned I just dont want to pay for it myself, if you dont want to quit smoking fine sign away your Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security/Disability rights and you should be able to kill yourself any way you like. Just my opinion.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
isnt bama a smoker?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Thats true people your age do, those who fought in WW-2 didnt have the warning on their pack or the studies we have, hell back then Doctors encouraged patients to smoke. Think of the strain social security & Medicare/caid have taken from caring for people with COPD & Lung CA, its time to take some of that back. I dont think it should be banned I just dont want to pay for it myself, if you dont want to quit smoking fine sign away your Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security/Disability rights and you should be able to kill yourself any way you like. Just my opinion.

Yea I guess it wasnt as known back then as it is today with all the comercials on tv and eveywhere else. And I do agree with the part I highlighted.

It just seems like alot of money and at a convenient time for them to try and get all this money. With the Obama's 700 something billion dollar stimulous then they try and cut their costs nearly in half by taking it from someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
isnt bama a smoker?
I would'nt doubt it.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont think it should be banned I just dont want to pay for it myself, if you dont want to quit smoking fine sign away your Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security/Disability rights and you should be able to kill yourself any way you like. Just my opinion.
So would signing away one's rights include any other voluntary thing that can lead to high medical bills or death?

Motorcycle riding
Driving a car
Working as an electrician
Serving in the military
over-eating
drinking alcohol
playing sports
consuming too much sugar
living in a city (air pollution)
Old 02-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you seen what they to do Cigarettes in Canada?

Since December 20, 2000, cigarettes sold in Canada must display warnings which take up 50% of the principal display space. One side is an English warning, the other is in French (the two official language of Canada).

Check out this link. Some of the ads on the packs are f'ing repulsive.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #13
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
WTF is money going to do - make the dead rise???

Precisely what I'm thinking. Our government is just trying to make a buck.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont think it should be banned I just dont want to pay for it myself, if you dont want to quit smoking fine sign away your Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security/Disability rights and you should be able to kill yourself any way you like. Just my opinion.

The states already got Billions upon Billions to split up in the last settlement several years back which was supposed to pay the increased health care costs that they may experience in the future.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't smoke cigs, but do smoke cigars. And it is really affecting the cigar industry too, and it cost a hell of a lot more for them because of the taxes. It's f*cking ridiculous and I'll tell you why It's f*cking ridiculous.

Because most of this money that is suppose to go for smoking related medicare costs, anti-smoking education, etc, etc. Is not used for that, instead it is used for "saving the environment", and other wasteful government spending programs.

So ask yourself, why is a man who smokes cigs himself, wants to do this? HHHMmmmmm interesting what is he going to use this money for?

Everyone should know the dangers of smoking by now, and everyone should have their God given right to smoke if they want too. A small tax is fine, but the reason for such a high tax is for wasteful programs. No one should have to pay such high taxes on tobacco products, or alcohol products!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #16
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
isnt bama a smoker?
pot smoker.....lol
Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
The Gov is corrupt. We should revolt! Oh yea - you don't like revolutionaries...
I guess your mad about my Anti-Che banner, lol I guess It's working.

And killing thousands of Innocent people isn't my definition of a revolutionary, he was a murder. Have a good day.

Let's stay on topic people.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Tobacco companies are going to make a fortune by exporting cigarettes to China. The U.S. government knows this and they want to rob the tobacco companies. Typical government, no?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
just curious what the average price is for a pack of cigs in the US? here its crazy $12.50 for 25 pack??