LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

F-usps

Old 02-21-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down F-usps

[rant]

So I bought something from a guy on this board. He lives in southern CA (I'm in Birmingham, AL). I sent a money order in a plain 'ol white envelope on February 2nd. I figure my purchase would be in the mail on its way to me by the 8th or 10th, right?

NO... The money didn't show and didn't show and didn't show. I almost got another one to re-send (fortunately we weren't talking much money). Then FINALLY I got a message yesterday (February 20th!) that it had arrived.

It took EIGHTEEN DAYS for a letter to get from Birmingham, AL to southern CA. Am I the only one that thinks that's ridiculous?!?!?

[/rant]

FTR, the guy I bought from was very patient, and will soon be getting a good review in the "good folks to buy from" thread.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
You obviously use the internet to chat on here try visiting Paypal.com and getting an account you can send money over the internet and leave the USPS to doing there job of sending care packages to our Troops overseas seems to be the only thing they are good for
Old 02-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
^ because paypal keeps a percentage for every transaction

paypal transactions are considered "reportable income".
the occasional "gift" is OK, but too many and it raises flags

money order = cash

i have very good luck with the USPS.
i too have had the occasional "didn't show" or "took forever", but is way more economical than anyone else
Old 02-21-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
At least they turn a profit each year! oh wait...
Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Any business public or private that delivers as many items as USPS or UPS, FedEx is going to have some lost or misdirected deliveries. The good news in your situation was it was not much money and both sides were patient, and in the end it finally showed up. I personally have had both horrible and great luck with all of them.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Free vs. Fees

In some cases, it’s free to Send Money. Sometimes there are fees. Here’s how it breaks down.
Within the US (in USD):

Payment MethodSend MoneyReceive MoneyPersonal transfers to friends and family
Fully funded by:
  • PayPal balance : Free
  • Bank account : Free
Fully or partially funded with:
  • Credit card
  • Debit card
  • PayPal credit
2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
Fee is paid by the sender or recipient-sender
Old 02-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #7
Sticks For Troops

Therefore if you send money to someone listed as "Personal" you can send it to them and it is free to send and free to recieve aslong as you have your bank account set up on your pay pal. or use money in your pay pal balance.

and I mean shit if your making a big deal about 2.9% +$0.30 that isnt very much.

But if you use a Credit or Debit card the seller would take a hit of $3.20 on a $100 Item
Old 02-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if something is being "purchased" you are not supposed to use "personal"

when you've done as many trans through paypal as i have as a vendor
that % adds up!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #9
I am the one who knocks

on a transaction of $4 that fee of 2.9% +$0.30 only nets you $3.58
Old 02-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
More relevant in socks case would be repeated sales needing to be claimed on taxes as business revenue for the business he doesn't actually have.

FWIW, I ordered some books off amazon, 2 of them shipped and were supposed to be here on the 19th. The other one shipped later and was supposed to be here on the 23rd. They all showed on the 19th. w00t.

Back when I used to play airsoft I ordered some harder to find spare parts and accessories direct from Hong Kong stores. Pricing was about the same as buying from the states just a larger selection and longer shipping times. It usually takes a good 2 weeks for smaller packages to make the trip. I ordered during the week and Saturday morning when I woke up I checked my tracking number to see if the package had cleared customs by the weekend. Status: Delivered. It was on my front steps at 8AM. Less than a week, from China. Thanks UPS.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #12
Sticks For Troops

In Socks Case I can understand but the OP makes it sounds like he was getting a one time deal off of someone from the site.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 AM   #13
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
You obviously use the internet to chat on here try visiting Paypal.com and getting an account you can send money over the internet and leave the USPS to doing there job of sending care packages to our Troops overseas seems to be the only thing they are good for
I have a paypal account and use it for most transactions. The seller in my case didn't have one and didn't want to set one up, which I respected. As the buyer, I pretty much need to do what the seller wants as far as getting him the money, right?

Usually, when buying some oddball thing on TW I send the money as a "personal gift" so that PayPal doesn't take their little piece.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's pretty strange. tacomaman06 sent me a package through USPS during the holidays and it got here in 3 days. He's in SC. I'm in AZ.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
Sticks For Troops

That sucks.. that it took that long.. sounds like the jersey i ordered from nfl.com.. it made 4 trips from cinnicinati and back before it finally got to NC
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I have never had any problems with USPS. I have had problems with Paypal though. Wouldnt let the guy pull his money out of pay pal for two weeks or something like that. Sucks that it took so long for the money to get there. I still need to send a money order to Sock