Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Favorite Quotes Of All Time

Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Favorite Quotes Of All Time

im wondering what everybodys favorite quotes are?

a few of mine.

"Look, ive never had a dream in my life.
Because a dream is what you wanna do do but still havnt pursued.
I knew what i wanted and did til it was done,
So ive been the dream i wanted to be since day one" ~Aesop Rock

"Burning colours in a grey world" ~ graffiti artists Great and Bates

"Work it harder makes it better
do it faster makes us stronger
more than every hour after
our work is never over." ~ Daft Punk

and

"What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers,
well then we're shit out of luck." ~Stu from The Hangover
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
"BrainyHead!"

it is the reply from my 9yr old twins girls, because I seem to know the answer to every question they ask.

so much so, i had a buddy make up a t-shirt
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
"BrainyHead!"

it is the reply from my 9yr old twins girls, because I seem to know the answer to every question they ask.

so much so, i had a buddy make up a t-shirt
Nice!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
oh, yeah

another one:

"Fookin' Prawns!!"
I like that!

One of mine is: "I bet that will make your sticker peck out!" (My older brother)
Old 02-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, rather a lack of will."

-Vince Lombardi

"The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their committment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
"Live Life" (my tattoo)

Dreams-
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.
-- Langston Hughes

"I drink your milkshake, I drink it up"- Daniel Day Lewis (There Will be Blood)

And He said unto me, It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give unto him that thirsteth of the fountain of the water of life freely. Revelation 21:6

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”-FDR

Don't waste your life in doubts and fears: spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours or ages that follow it.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, "Always do what you are afraid to do."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up."- Jimmy Valvano

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. ~Elbert Hubbard

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. ~Confucius
Old 02-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of this shit is too long. Fear's getting it right with the shorties. Most quotes are overly sentimental, pseudo-deep shit anyway by people who think they're being insightful by using unusual words. I only need two:

"Sometimes, I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to."

- Cyrano, from the film Gladiator

"You're not going anywhere, you thick lump. You stay until the job's done."

- Mickey O' Neil, from the film Snatch

Those two cover about every situation in life I can think of.

Edit: Ok, I lied, maybe one more:

"We are here on earth to fart around, don't let anyone tell you any different."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
widget is on a distinguished road

widget's Tacoma Gallery
I like these coach quotes:

'Son, you've got a good engine, but your hands aren't on the steering wheel.'
-- Bobby Bowden / FloridaState

'There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.'
-- Woody Hayes / OhioState

'The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.'
-- Lou Holtz /Arkansas
Old 02-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #11
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
"I drink your milkshake, I drink it up"- Daniel Day Lewis (There Will be Blood)
here comes the bowling pin!!