Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Craigslist selling......

Old 02-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Craigslist selling......

So a few days ago I posted a ad on craigslist...
http://easttexas.craigslist.org/fuo/1601944933.html

I have had a few emails with questions and stupid trade offers, But nothing solid....

UNTIL TODAY...
I open this email this morning...
Quote:
Good day,

Is this Item still available for sell ? Whats the present condition ? Whats your zip code so i can check

the shipping cost ? Payment by check only. kindly send me your phone number so we can discuss

this on phone.

Have a nice day.
Jeff
And I reply...
Quote:
Good Morning Jeff,

Yes, it is still available, but I have had some interest. The condition is VERY good, I would say 9 out of 10 ( its never used, just sitting there) My zip is xxxxx, where are you located? I know a moving company that may deliver at a reasonable cost.

(xxx) xxx-xxxx
Thanks,
Geoff
A few hours later I get a call from Jeff, he was kind of hard to understand with his accent and the noise in the backround. He was calling from Indiana, and wanted to buy the table. And would have his "guys" pick up the table once I contacted him... (AFTER THE CHECK CLEARED!) Requested my address to send the check out tomorrow, I agreed & now here I am asking my TW friends what they think?

This was the last email I responded to...
Quote:
It was nice talking to You, Kindly send the address so the check will be sent out by tomorrow.
Thanks
Jeff

My questions and concerns:
  • Everything seems too good to be true
  • India accent
  • Lives in Indiana, but buying a used table for $1000 in TEXAS
  • the check clearing, then find out weeks later it was a fake
  • his "guys" pick it up
Thanks for your feedback!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Thomas
tomonian77's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting..... tires?
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonian77 View Post
Interesting..... tires?
FUCK YES, IM GETTING TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U read my mind!

But I aint counting my chickens before thay hatch, Somethign dont seem right.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
tomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura abouttomonian77 has a spectacular aura about

lol
Old 02-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
definately sounds scammy
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
definately sounds scammy

i know huh, BUT A DINING room table???
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
cash is king for a reason. make sure you are armed when this dudes goons show up
Old 02-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a shady scam. Becareful man
Old 02-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
cash talks man!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
i know huh, BUT A DINING room table???
its not about the product, but how they can pull you into it.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
deadphish28 is a jewel in the roughdeadphish28 is a jewel in the roughdeadphish28 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tim
deadphish28's Tacoma Gallery
Seems sketchy... I read in my local paper awhile ago about a craigslist add gone wrong. Some dude in the "projects" posted a quad for sale. A young kid made the 250 mile journey in his pickup with the cash to pick the quad up.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburrito View Post
cash is king for a reason. make sure you are armed when this dudes goons show up

THey can meet me in the Wal-Mart parking lot and load the table N stuff..... dudes goons aint coming into this home.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
this is not sounding very promising.........
Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
If you are serious about selling it to him, you could ask him for his details and then do a background check...Or make him pay in cash....Or just don't sell it to him.

Under normal circumstances it doesn't make sense to buy a $1000 table that is at least a day's drive away, especially if it is something that he could buy locally.

I've bought stuff for the tacoma from members on forums (customtacos, tw, ttora) and luckily those deals have always worked out fine. In only one case did I drive several hours to pick something up. I just feel better about buying something from someone on a forum where I can at least research their un. Can't really do that on CL. Just my .02
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Ask your bank about it when you cash the check. Wait for anything bad that can happen, to happen. This guy could be buying for a business with a business check for a write-off? you never know. usually the scammers will over-pay and ask you to return some cash or something..

Another thing you can do is call the issuing bank when you get the check.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
taco2408 is on a distinguished road

Name: Marcos
taco2408's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know but this sounds familiar to a response I got on craigslist..

Thanks for the prompt response to my mail. I will be buying from you
so please kindly withdraw the advert from C.LIST. Please be informed
that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank ..I will
need the following details to mail the payment as soon as possible.
Name to be on the payment ____
Home address____
City____
State____
Zip Code_____
Cell phone #______
I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have your
money I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will
be delivered within 2-3 working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone
# and will receive your calls via email **
N.B UPS does not deliver to a P.O box addresses.Thanks

I'd say it's a scam
Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #18

I wouldnt take a check bro, do a money order or cash at pick up. Take someone with you as well. You can never be too careful.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #19
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
I would ask for a western union money order, cashiers check from a bank that has a location in your area or cash. Invite a few buddies to "help move the table" too.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #20
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
I was selling my old computer a couple weeks ago and this guy called and wanted me to drive it to him. It was only 45 minutes away, but he said he just moved here from the Philippines, used to smuggle computer parts from Mexico into the US, and didn't want to pay cash, he wanted to trade me my computer for some parts he smuggled. I told him i wasn't in the market for stolen goods and I wouldn't trade with him, and he sent me like 6 or 7 more emails begging me for my computer. Some people are nuts. Don't do it.