1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dippers that have quit, Have you...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by blackwatertaco, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Jan 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    That's a pretty good idea. I've got the added bonus at my command of being the smoking cessation doc, and usually feel like I don't have anything good to offer the dippers. I'll look into the mint snuff, and if it checks out by me, start recommending that. Too bad Tricare won't cover it - lots of sailors and marines are pretty cheap (and being underpaid doesn't help...)

2. Jan 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    Does anyone know where to buy the smokey mountain or golden eagle stuff locally? I don't feel like waiting for shipping... Haha

3. Jan 9, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Silver
    Debadge, 5% Tint, Kolbalt Low Pro Tool Box, Satoshi, Ebay Black Headlights, 3000k Fogs With Yellow Stain glass Paint, Fog Anytime, Mag Light Mount, Husky Floor Liners, OME 3inch With 885's, Add Leaf, 16inch Steelies, 305/70/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countries, Tiregate Bed Mount, Sock Monkey Badges
    i quit smoking in july after 11 years. pretty much had too due to it being painful to smoke cigarettes these days. also live at altitude and do a minimum of 6 hours of physical activity everyday and was constantly tired d . started dipping again. must of had a bunch of cavities that in the last 5 months have starting killing me. hurts to dip but i still do about a tin a day. every-time i try to stop i start smoking again. will do anything not to smoke cigarettes.

4. Jan 10, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Going on 2months now. Don't feel like killing people anymore and only get 'worked up' about 5-10min a day. I still have to constantly remind myself that I've quit: everytime I get gas or coffee I still almost buy a Cope, everytime I leave the house I still do the pat down for wallet, keys, can(nope!)... sometimes i feel naked without that uncomfortable puck in my Carhartt knee pocket.

I'm really feeling good about all this quitting at this point, but it still takes effort every day to stay away from it. The addiction runs deep: weird things (with nicotine in them) are starting to sound more appealing: Cigs, cigars, snus, nose-snuff, etc., all of which I've never had any interest in before; in fact I despise cigarettes.

It's gotten 100 tiems easier, but I still gotta keep my gaurd up against the voices in my head and the itch in my lip.

Products Discussed in

To Top