1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I want to open a 4x4 shop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by stinkeytaco, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Feb 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    stinkeytaco

stinkeytaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Fairfax ca
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Access
    Toytec ultimate lift,
    Just wanted to get your feedback on the viability of a 4x4 shop in todays economy. I live in Marin county CA, which is probably the only county in the US (other than Manhattan) that doesn't have a single dirt road to drive on though we are surrounded everywhere with trails and I want to open a 4x4 shop!

OK so my thoughts, I love everything 4x4, I'm a general contractor and the housing market seems like it's screwed for a while, I want a change!, I used to be a mechanic, I know how to run a business, I have the capital to start a business and float it for 6 months-1 year.

So Marin doesn't offer much in the way of offroading, but there are almost no 4x4 shops either. There are a ton of wealthy people with outfitted FJs Land Rovers etc that like to playing the Sierras.

Any other 4x4 shop owners our there? I'd like to focus on Toyota 4x4s repair, suspension and other mods, custom fabrication etc.

I'd love to hear any feedback.

Thanks,

Kye

2. Feb 28, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    eek, I don't think your gona make much money with that business like that if there isn't much demand. why don;t you open a bar? haha thats what I'd like to do some day.

Products Discussed in

To Top