1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

credit limit increase

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by NWtacoma, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    has anybody asked for a credit limit increase from your credit card company? were you successful? how exactly does it work does your credit take a hit as if you were applying for a new card? :confused:

2. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Nope. Shit they just kept upping my limit every 3 months. I started at $1100 and within a year and a half it was at $10,000.

Are you a student? Do you have a student card? How old are you? Why do you need a limit increase?

Honestly, it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. My credit is shit now because of that and a few other factors. If you don't have the money in your wallet or your interac to buy it, you don't have the money on your creditcard to buy it either.

I wasn't super irresponsible with my credit card, but I lost my job and my bill just kept on going, up and up and up.

You'll see though that I said I also wasn't super wise with my card either.

3. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    NWtacoma

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    not a student. I want the increase because i want to have more available credit that isnt in use. i dont care how high they give me because i pay cash for most everything.

4. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    kwalton

kwalton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, Md
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    Do yourself a favor. Do not ask for a credit increase. Pay down your debt. If you can't pay cash then you don't need it.

Just speaking from experience.

5. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Then you really don't need a credit increase. Just pay for shit on your credit card. Go home, hit the online banking and pay it off the same day. An increased limit really isn't going to up your credit score. The more you use your card, the more credit they'll extend to you. It doesn't have to be maxed, just use it.

Or just call them and ask to increase it. :p Like you said.

6. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    NWtacoma

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    my debt is already paid down.

7. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    SilverStreak05

SilverStreak05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    DR coilovers, DR rear reservoir shocks, Deaver custom 11 pack leaf springs
    I've gotten credit increases in the past. I asked for a couple and the rest were just done automatically. Never been denied, but even if you were it shouldn't affect your credit score in any way. You're not applying for new credit, just an increase in what you already have. That said, it would probably be tough to get an increase right now. Most cc companies are reducing peoples lines of credit or closing them completely.

8. Mar 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Credit limits need to be thought out wisely because they can sometimes work in ways against you that you don't think of.

If you have a really high limit and decide to get a loan it can work against you, you're limit is considered unsecured debt even if the balance is currently at zero because you could walk out tomorrow and max out the limit.

Too low of a limit and it is easy to hit the number where it looks like you are struggling, such as if you have a $5000 limit and charge several things bringing the balance up too $2500 even for a short while it will ping an alert that you are at a 50% threshold limit

9. Mar 8, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    ditto

Products Discussed in

To Top