Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Plumbing Question

Old 03-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Plumbing Question

I dont want to hire anyone, so i am asking if i can do this myself.

i have awashing machine and a sink in the laundry room, the washing machine drain and sink drain meet in the wall and form a t. and then drain into the large drain as i can hear the water draining under the toilet drain (toilet removed) but the problem is, the water is slow draiing and there is a clog, as the washing machine drains, it backs up into the sink ( from one side of the t to the other side and up the sink drain, filling up the sink. it does not come up the toilet so the clog is in the t somewhere not letting the water drain. how can i fis this
Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
my question is, how would i get it down the t part....or do the pipe snakes work that way?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Banned
it backs up into the sink which is why i think the clog is where it is
Old 03-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Banned
i don teven know what to call that type of drain i tried to google , T drain, but nothing....
Old 03-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
Banned
im gonna give it a shot...off to get the draino!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Banned
thanks pd...i dont think i would have been able to get the job done without your great advice...where were you waaaaay in the beginning
Old 03-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Do you happen to have a clean out on the ext of the home where the drain inside is located?If so you might try removing the cap on the clean out and run a snake down it or pour some draino down it................I know around here the laundry water is considered grey water and can be drained into the gutter.......maybe you can reroute the pluming drain in the laundry out to the street granted once you clear the original drain to prevent this from happening again..........
Old 03-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible that the trap for the laundry is frozen ? Sometimes this can happen as there is always some water in the trap to keep the septic gasses from backing up into the house , I saw you are in New Jersey so thought it could be an issue .

OZ
Old 03-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
TimS is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TimS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
it backs up into the sink which is why i think the clog is where it is
If the trap can be removed, take it off and clean it out including the pipe. Also, check your vent to make sure its clear. It allows fumes to escape and water do drain more freely. If clogged, it will slow the draining process up. If your toilet is off, snake it upstream and down stream also. Use a drain cleaner but its not a cure all. Sometimes you have to get a bit messy.