1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My night.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jeff3004x4, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    Jeff3004x4

Jeff3004x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    First off wow what a day today, nothing amazing happened but it was a good day. I went to school this afternoon (finishing my MBA at night) and I was productive. Class tonight went well it was moderately enjoyable, class got out I walked to my truck (03 Dakota, soon to be traded for a “new to me” Taco), I headed home. As I’m driving through the center of campus I’m notice a large group of students have gathered in the courtyard to play some yard games, and I think to myself wow I wish I was still carefree and in undergrad. I notice two kids standing on the side of the road waiting to cross, they are not in the cross walk so I say "eh fuck it I’m going too fast to jack on my brakes and stop they can wait", so I didn't stop. One kid did not like that I didn’t stop, I notice his arm reach back and throw something at my truck (his keys) they nail my pillar by my driver side mirror. Mind you that’s close to my open driver side window:eek:; I’m in shock thinking wtf. They pick up their keys like nothing happened and walk into the dining hall. It's over they are gone I’m driving down the road thinking wtf????? I would never be able to find them in the dining hall. I pull over and look at my pillar it’s scratched, wonderful. I sit and think to myself wondering “what did I do wrong?” I’m not distraught or saddened in any way it’s a scratch whatever. I am certainly glad it’s not my future Tacoma. In a matter of seconds I grew big balls and decided I’m going to drive back and see if I can find the kid………….. Yeah right no luck. I decided maybe there are cameras, I drove to public safety. The public safety student officer informed me there were no cameras. I’m SOL, oh well, but isn’t it amazing how sometimes things happen that just make you think WOW. So I’m now sitting here thinking, I wish those fucking keys had flew right in my window missing my face, landed right on my passenger seat. I would have driven home laughing my ass off. Cool things never happen to me, I hope you enjoyed my story. I guess stop for people not in cross walks too now idk.:confused:

2. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    Hahaha thats crap if they wernt going to cross, but if they were and it was close I would have pissed but trying to damage someones truck is never the answer good story lol

3. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Just sounds like a punk asshat. Probably better off not finding the guy anyway. It really would have been sweet if his keys went into your truck (and missed you). You could have thrown them up on a roof with the guy watching! I'm also guessing this guy was 19, 20 maybe and you are a bit older?

4. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    Jeff3004x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    Oh of course they were going to cross, but wtf the cross walk is painted bright GREEN with WHITE lines painted in it. Idk if they were drunk and couldn't find it or what the deal was. All I know is I'm sure they are laughing there ass off right now, and I'm the sorry ass in my drive way with my handy dandy Duplicolor touch up bottle. WTF!!!!

5. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    Haha ya I would be pissed if I were you

6. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    Jeff3004x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    I am 24 I have learned, I have gotten my ass kicked (usually defending my little brother). I would have just made an ass of my self it's not worth it, but man some people WTF is wrong with them.

Products Discussed in

To Top