1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

California Resgistration help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Menametony, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    Menametony

Menametony [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    so.. as some of you guys know.. i just got back to the states on monday.. well it is now wednesday and i just noticed my registration is expired... so since i dont live in va anymore i have to get it resgistered in CA...

i read on the dmv sight that it says i dont have to do a smog inspection until pretty much 2013.. i have an 09.. i have a CAI on it.. with a flowmaster 40 series...

hate to beat a dead horse but i didnt really see anything that answered my questions...

Am i good until 2013? or am i SOL and have to install stock air intake?

will my exhaust be a problem?

thanks! or obrigado (portugese) learned that in rio de janiero =)

tony

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Where in Cali are you located? I remember when I lived in So. Cali in Simi Valley, they were always strict on smog checks and stuff so you might want to make sure cause 2013 seems a little far away, but then again, I have been gone for about 6 years so things might have changed but I doubt it.:eek:

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    You'll need your stock intake because you need to go down to the DMV office and transfer the registration from Va to Ca which will require a vehicle inspection,. You should be ok on the flowmaster

4. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    desertdude59

desertdude59 CRAZY 4WHEELER

Member:
    From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful W
    Vehicle:
    1991 toyota 4x4 sr5-lost but not forgotten
    4" lift after market front bumper bed mount lightbar/roll bar (4)6" kc's on the roll bar (2) kc flat back bumper mounts f/r gears for the 33's
    Anything you modify in Califronia becomes a problem. Just hope you kept some of your stock parts.

5. Apr 14, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    cjimenRR

cjimenRR Be Good or Be Good At It

Member:
    North Hollywood, Ca
    Vehicle:
    12' Sport DC,LB, 4x4
    You will need a smog because you're transferring from out of state (unless you're a hybrid :)
    Be prepared to lose a half a day with all of this and its better if you make an appt.
    Smog check should run you about $40-$50 with certificate at any local place. Make sure to have this before you go to DMV or you'll be sorry

6. Apr 15, 2010 at 12:20 AM
    Menametony

Menametony [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    but i thought i read in the dmv that it said if the car is no more than 4 years old i should be exempt?

Products Discussed in

To Top