Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

any firefighters

Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #61
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
its really cool how there's a lot of ff in tacomaworld right now being a volunteer I'm learning a lot I really wana get to wildland I think anyone who does structure fires are crazy going into burning buildings
CAL FIRE is the route you need to take.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #62
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
after i do the wildland academy hopefully make it thru the week and also once i turn 18 theres this program i wana do its called americorps its pretty cool cause it started this year but basically you do this program for a year or once you finish 1700 hours or more but during that time doing the program your getting paid not that good but it doesnt matter cause you great training once you finish with it you get 20 certs all free and then you get like 5000 on education like an emt class or something
Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #63
1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Medic
1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
Well man, sorry to say, but if you are wanting to be a firefighter, be prepared to get shit from the medics. They are always jealous of us.
I was a medic and as far as I can recall I was never jealous of the police or fire services. We all went on the same runs and did the jobs we were trained for.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #65
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just finish my academy woooooo finally it was awsome except for the hell at night
awesome! congrats!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #66
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks I'm only 17 years old right now and turning eighteen december and I'm gunna try to finish my task book soon as I can and get more certs
Old 05-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #67
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Thanks I'm only 17 years old right now and turning eighteen december and I'm gunna try to finish my task book soon as I can and get more certs
sweet! i was the same age when i went through the academy. I am hoping to get my high angle, confined space, and hazmat certs at some point. trying to work on my emt first though.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #68
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Last day of the academy went on a prescribed burn it was awsome cuz the things you see on video doesn't not compare to the real thing
Old 05-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #69

Firefighter:
Quote:
Last day of the academy went on a prescribed burn it was awsome cuz the things you see on video doesn't not compare to the real thing
hell yeh!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #72
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going on 15 years as a volunteer. I also run with the county HAZMAT/Tech Rescue teams.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #73
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its fire season black hills green wallets
f'n A... there is about 5 or 6 fires happening all over NM right now. They all started at once pretty much. mostly lightning strikes. I dont ever do wildland unless its in my district. So we go to lots of little ones. people burning trash, or their fields. They love to do that shit here...
Old 06-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #74
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiTaco View Post
f'n A... there is about 5 or 6 fires happening all over NM right now. They all started at once pretty much. mostly lightning strikes. I dont ever do wildland unless its in my district. So we go to lots of little ones. people burning trash, or their fields. They love to do that shit here...
No wildland here in MS, state forestry dept takes care of all that. We do the little stuff here too. We did have a guy claim his tractor backfired and burned up almost an acre not long ago.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #75
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Sunday morning at around 05:15 the Engine one house over from us caught a stolen truck on fire. Two minutes later we were sent to a drowning in their district (victim pulled to shore by neighbors.....CPR, defib by us, no luck ). While we were both enroute to those calls a working structure fire came in and we were supposed to be the first two Engines due. It's a crazy job when you go from every unit in the City being in the barn to about 30 guys working thier asses off in the span of about 6 minutes.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #76
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt even know you can become a volunteer firefighter when you were 17. What exactly do volunteer firefighters do?
Old 06-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #77
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
I didnt even know you can become a volunteer firefighter when you were 17. What exactly do volunteer firefighters do?
Here, in my county here at least, volunteer depts. cover areas not designated as wildlife refuge or city limits. We cover everything a paid dept would; it's just with our low call volume having a paid dept isn't economical.

Most vol. depts. I know of will take any age below 18 with parents consent, however they are limited in their duties. One you hit 18 you can begin training and drive any county-owned vehicle at 21.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 AM   #78
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

I had to sign something saying if get hurt training its not there fault and also can't go on a fire even though I have my certs until I'm eighteen and in december I'm turning eighteen then I'm gunna try to get into paid call