1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road rage stories.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Lentsnh, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Apr 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    SOOOO last Tuesday, I was driving to school. I take the same route I always do. I pull up to a stop sign, stop, and proceed to turn and go towards the school. I'm minding my own business and then all of a sudden, I notice this dark Grey Nissan Armada tail my rear end. He was maybe a foot and a half away from my rear bumper.

I didnt think much of it, so I went the speed limit to see if he would back off, but in fact, he managed to get a little CLOSER :eek: . So now I'm a little annoied that he is this close to me. So I pull a small "Brake Check" to see if he would back off. He did for maybe 200 feet. Then he came close again so, I pulled a little harder "Brake Check".

He starts making gestures through his windshield. and I point back to tell him to back off.

Then he pulls up next to me at a red light. He starts to make gesture through his Passenger window and my window. I roll down my window, He does the same.

Very Calmly, I tell him if he could please back off from my truck, then he says the following: " Don't pull out infront of me ever again like that or else I'll run this truck right up your rear end!" (I just listen to what he has to say because I already said what I needed to say) Then says "I know where you live, boy!" then drives off.

** At the stop sign I saw NO ONE coming over the hill. Sounds like the guy was having a grumpy morning because he didnt have his Lucky Charms

2. Apr 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Road RAGEE..... the psycos today what are they planning to do with their life

3. Apr 25, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    When I was a kid. I was riding with my Dad, and some guy cut us off. My Dad flipped him off, so the guy slammed on his brakes, got out of his car, and came walking up to us screaming at my Dad. My dad got out of our car, and intercepted the guy at about the driver side front tire area. The guy pulled a gun out, and as he brought it up, my Dad grabbed it, and hit the guy in the face with it. The guy dropped the gun, and ran to his car, and took off. Being as this was in the day of no cell phones, we had to pull over and call the LEO at a pay phone. The guy had done the same thing a mile up the road, but told the cops that he was mugged, and the guy stole his gun. I had to tell the cops what had actually transpired, and they arested the guy.

Personally, Only thing I have had happen, was I accidentally cut off an older guy (about 75 years old), and the guy proceeded to follow me, turn for turn, for 3 miles, the whole time flipping me off.

4. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    Some car apparently thought I was riding his ass so he got behind me and started following me...he kept doing so as I pulled into the police station, he then left :)

5. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    The REALLY annoying thing is that there was a cop about a mile up the road. :|

6. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    pwrstrk02

pwrstrk02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    randy
    kansas city missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4,dc,off road, black pearl
    I've followed an older man to his house once to tell how shifty his driving was. I've gotten out of my Car on the highway in a construction zone to beat the shit out of this kid once. He sped off on the shoulder. I realy wanted to kill him. I don't put up with idiot drivers too well.

7. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    When I was in high school (in my bronco) I was driving to school on day. I was behind some lady in a camry doing 20 mph in a 35, So I was pretty close to her, but not unsafe. She got angry and sped up, so I backed off. Well when I pulled into the school parking lot, she followed me in and started yelling at me. I nodded while my brother laughed the entire time. It was pretty funny.

8. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    I was driving home on the freeway going about 72-75 and i looked behind me and a massive 18 wheeler, carrying two full HUGE things of gas, was literally about 6 inches from my tailgate. I was blocked on all 4 sides of me so i couldn't move.
    I had two friends in my truck and one opened the rear window to try to wave them off and the simi driver got even more pissed. I was sitting there freaking out pictureing my death by a retarded simi driver. I was thinking he was going to flip his simi onto my truck and blow us to bits.
    About 1/4 a mile after he gets a big enough gap to change lanes to my right side, and he sped up to do so missing my tailgate by 2-3 inches. He sped away doing over 80 because i was going 80 at that point and i never go about 75.

My mom told me later that night that they shot and killed a simi truck driver later that day because he was driving a stolen simi trying to run into motorcycle cops. Not sure if it was the same guy but i hope it was.

This is the type of truck i was getting tailgated by at high speeds
    [​IMG]

This is how i pictured my death for those 2 mins...
    [​IMG]

9. Apr 25, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    Wolfman

Wolfman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    I was driving past North Texas Motor Speedway one afternoon on the way home. I was travelling at the posted speed limit of 55 mph, when a tanker truck caught up to me, started flashing his lights and blowing his air horn. When I did not move, he paseed against traffic in a no passing zone, and forced me onto the hard shoulder to avoid getting run over. I guess the dumbfuck forgot that his company name was on the truck and trailer. I called them up, reported the driver's actions, complete with trailer number. They promised me that that day was to be his last on the job.

10. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    Last year I was in Denver on the 470 by Hwy 8. This guy cuts me off where I had to slam on the brakes. I honked the horn and flipped the guy the bird just to get his attention. No harm no foul. Well I end up going around him about a 1/4 mile down the road. This guy gets right on my ass. I see him flipping me off and just going ape shit. So I speed up and try to put a few cars between us. Well I take an exit that isn't mine and cut a couple of lanes and exit since there's no cars by me. This asshole cuts off more cars and takes the same exit. Well I get to the exit stop light and this fucker gets out of his truck with something in his hand. There's no traffic so I blow the red light and call 911 and reported the truck and where I was. I took some side streets and worked my way to my hotel. I don't know if it was a gun in hand or what but I wasn't staying around to find out!

11. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
    :anonymous:Well, back when I was about 18, I was usually pretty level headed, much the same as I am today; pretty low key, for the most part, pretty non- violent. you could definitely say I was a sensible lad; except for the occasional friday night mosh-pits:spy:....and my choice of company of course....

(...although i must say, if we were talkin' Johnny Walker or Jameson's ...
    well- some retardeness is inevitable...)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxr0hYefytg. :drunk:

so anyways, I had a GF... and she had her friends in my car, and there we were, cruising down Cerrillos Road, minding our own business, (or at least i was).... probably up to no good, as usual...
    (i truly dont quite recall who started it...) but for whatever reason this car full of gangbangers pulls up next to us at a light, motioning to the girl in the back of my subaru, well either they said something to her or she just flipped em off just on principle... (like I said, not the best company...bunch of punks that we were....)

anyway in santa fe you dont just go starting shit with anybody and not expect something to happen, so they started chasing us down cerrillos rd, through a couple green lights, no big deal you know,50-60 in a 35...:] but then the next light turned red....so I stopped at the light. (being the sensible lad that I was I didnt want to cause an ACCIDENT or anything)
    well, those ganbangers thought they had us now... they thought they would just scare me by screaming in and pretending to ram my car from behind. which is what they did. amd I did not like that one bit. so what did I do? without stopping to think about the consequences( a hallmark of teenage mentation...)
    I got a good 5 feet of momentum and SLAMMED them with the rear end of my 4wd no rubber on it bumper.... took out their headlights, grille, everything...It was a primer grey monte carlo or some shit ..slammed to the perfect level by chance.....:] (note to self, lowrider not good runaway mobile)
    it didnt do shit to my little romper, not that i noticed.... So all the dudes jump out, screamin and cussing, with a tire iron, coming to beat us up....
    and then the light turned green...and holy crap did i gun it, left those fuckin tools all out of their car in the intersection.... i think they hit the trunk below the rear window with the tire iron....and yeah, we ran away...laughing our asses off....quite a little adrenaline rush.
    for a while afterwords I sort of expected to get randomly jumped or some shit, but apparently they had had enough.... :quickdraw: I can definitely say I am lucky I didnt get shot or something,hey I didn't start it, I just finished it .... :devil:....mitches..
    and now I am way overdue to go make my girls dinner... whew... story times over kids. ;]

12. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    :rofl::headbang:

13. Apr 26, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
  14. Apr 26, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
    Lol. I am a cheap date...y'all got that story outta me after only two beers.... :]

Products Discussed in

To Top