1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What's next in life?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by amaes, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
    amaes

amaes [OP] Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    So I think about this a lot. Lately I’ve been in a funk trying to figure out what is next in life and what to look forward to or something to strive for. Some background on me. I’m 20 in school Which I hate and feel is a waste of time and money and only go because I feel that everyone wants me to go. My parents are both educated (dad has MBA and Mom is certified dental assistant) and they don’t care if I go to school or don’t. As long as I’m happy and doing well they are happy. Anyways I have a good job that pay the bills, Its nothing that I love doing but I’m not complaining. I bought and live in a brand new house over a year ago and got it on my own without a co-signer. I have done many different things to the house to make it feel more like home and more my style. Since I got that tax rebate for buying a house I paid off my truck and credit card. So the question is what do I have to look forward to? Or what is the next step? Like is it to find a job that I love doing? Is it to make more money? Travel? Do more stuff to the house? Look for a girl to settle down with?

I'm not complaining at all with my life. I'm VERY VERY grateful for what I have. I'm just wanted to hear from the older guys to try to get an idea of something to try to go for.

My main attitude I have about life is do what makes you happy and don't let things get in the way. Basically the "Make it happen" view on things.

2. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    Plinkerton

Plinkerton Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB 4x4 SR5
    It's the simple things in life.

Stop looking for something to make you happy, and start "just being".

3. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I say get atleast some sort of degree. What are you majoring in and what are you doing for work right now?

4. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    x2
    Don't rush into things. Besides soon you'll be 21, sure you can stir up some trouble

5. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Get a girl, save some money, travel the world, then lie peacefully in your bed to await the cold hand of death.

I'm in the middle of the "save some money" step.

6. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Im only 22 but if you can I say travel. Get a friend or two and go visit other countries. It is easier to do since your still young and single. Don't look for a girl to settle down with. If it happens it happens.

And as far as school, just work towards a bachelors that interests you. Just go half time and dont stress yourself out.

That's my .02

7. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    amaes

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    I'm actually the happiest I have ever been. lol I used to stress about stuff and now I :just be" as you say lol and live day by day and do whatever I feel like and makes me happy.

I'm majoring in Business focused on Entrepreneurship. and for work I'm a personal assistant for 3 executives for a company.

8. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    amaes

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    Yeah thats what I'm thinking about traveling. I don't have a ton of money left at the end of the month but if I save I can go somewhere cool.

9. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    amaes

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    Yeah that always looks fun. What are some things you need? ( i know a bike but what to look for)

Things I do in free time:
    Go wheeling
    Camp
    Snowboard
    Weld/build things for the truck
    SCUBA Dive
    Party on weekends
    Go on dates with different chicks

10. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    join the military. i joined when i was 22 and i'm going back once i finish college and i cant wait. i'll be almost 28 by then. it's never too late

11. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    amaes

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    Not road.

More like in the woods on trails

12. Apr 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    amaes

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    Dude I go on at least one date a week lol I don't need help with that. I really don't want a gf right now

I've been to the bahamas a bunch of times. But I really want to go to europe. two of my buddies are going for 6 weeks over summer.

13. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    yeah dude im 20 too and i hear ya completely. i did find the girl tho already. we live together in our own condo i bought. she goes to school and works full time, i do too. but you have to try new things dude. i started stunt riding my crotch rocket 2 years ago, wanna talk about a challenge! im into rc cars too, lots of cool people and lots of fun. she's into autocross, startin racing this year. we try new shit all the time dude, gotta keep it fresh. and i say find a job u really like dude. infact find a CAREER not just a job... im working towards all my ase's right now. ill turn wrenches for a while, but def not my dream job. service manager baby!!!! ha im strivin for it, and ill get there. gotta keep it fresh dude and set goals!:D

14. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    amaes

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    I was thinking about getting a second job for the night time or weekend to make some extra money so I can save up to go somewhere.

15. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I agree with just about everyone here - relax and enjoy. Get your degree in something you love and travel. Ive backpacked everywhere and cant wait to do it all over again. I say buy a backpack and go nuts.

16. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Dude how'd you find it so quick?! :cool:

17. Apr 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    I know im younger than you and my opinion doesnt mean a whole lot, but I didnt really knwo what I wanted a couple years ago. I got in trouble when I was 17 and that set me back. then I got my EMT cert. completely changed my life man. It gave me a feeling of accomplishment I never had and now that im working as an EMT its jsut awsome. it only takes a semester to get and you get to help people everyday. I reccomend getting it to everyone thats in a funk. but again what do I know

18. Apr 27, 2010 at 4:22 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Dude....You're 20 and have all that at your fingertips? A house, a good job, and you go to school? Holy shit dude....take a frigin day off and relax.
    Take a vacation and have a few beers and congratulate yourself for doing well.

What's to look forward to? 1) Getting through school successfully 2) Getting a better job 3)Finding the girl of your dreams 4) Getting married 5) Having a family 6) Growing old (laugh)

Ya know....even if you can't find that perfect job, it's OK as long as your getting paid well and can be happy with what you're doing. Hell.....I don't think many people can say they're perfectly happy about their jobs. Everyone has atleast one thing they don't like......

Products Discussed in

To Top