1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you feel about everything going on with Illegal Immigration ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    So since there has been a big stir about what is going on with Illegal Immigration I wanted to get everyone's opinions on the idea of this new law passed in Arizona (possibly soon to pass in more states). I do not want to get people to fight in this thread just stated your opinion and let others state theres. LETS HAVE RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER.
    I am just curious to see your guy's stance on it I myself don't have a side I am picking. I am just curious to hear you ideas?

2. May 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I acknowledge that illegals are draining their econonmy, but racial profiling and holocaust-like behaviors are not the way to go. Police have the authority to ask for proof of citizenship from those who look illegal/alien. ...well...you tell me, what does an "illegal" look like?

I'm Mexican and my mother in law speaks broken English, she's a citizen though. ID be super pissed if they started qustioning her.

Go about another way to stop immigration is my point.

3. May 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
  4. May 7, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    i think wat they want to do is pretty messed up but i do have to say illegals are getting out of hand

5. May 7, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    I wonder what factors are used to identify whether a person can be "suspected of being in this country illegally." Seriously, is there any way to tell just by looking? Illegal immigrants come here from all foreign countries, some more than others but really they come from everywhere. Plus, ILLEGAL immigrants look (and usually act) the same as most LEGAL immigrants. I guess there will be a lot of complaints about racial profiling, but if the AZ officers are correct most of the time in their suspicions and requests for documentation, the profiling issue will hopefully die quickly. My opinion: I don't care where you are from. If you come to live in the USA, do it legally or I hope you get deported. And I hope the AZ law catches on. Too much free stuff is being given away to non-citizens who aren't lifting a finger for their own income, while driving new cars and trucks with custom wheels, exhaust and thumping stereos. Where do they get the money for that stuff if they are on welfare? That's total BS.

6. May 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    if i go to another country and fail to provide proof of citizenship within that country at any given time what do you think is going to happen? if im not arrested ill be deported before you know it. but if we ask for proof of citizenship in our own country its racial profiling? gimme a break.

az had the guts to do something about the illegals running their state and taking over the country. the police should not get carried away with this and question every person who is not "white". but common sense has to come into play here

7. May 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I think my feelings on the subject are known.

8. May 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    your the most politically colored member on TW :p

9. May 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Joe legal vs Joe ILLegal

You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2
    parents, 2 children and live in California. "Joe Legal" works in
    construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with
    payroll taxes deducted...."Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has
    "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per
    year.

Now take 30% away for state federal tax, Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Jose Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per*year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes... Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage $1000.00*per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and
    local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare.
    Joe Legal pays for food $1,000.00 per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe
    Legal now has $7,231.00

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and
    Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month. $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal*is now in the hole minus (-) $4,769.00

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month*
    Federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal
    pays rent. $500.00 per month. $6,000.00 per year Jose Illegal*
    $31,200.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
    work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
    Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a*
    government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school*
    ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services,
    but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

10. May 7, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Until the illegal immigration problem is brought under control, then, sorry, but if you get asked for "your papers" then show them. For that matter, if you came to this country legally, then you shouldn't want all the illegals running around. You should want them caught and sent back.

My tax dollars are needed to support UNITED STATES CITIZENS not your illegal self.

Come in the right way and learn the language and I'll welcome you. Otherwise, go back where you came from.

~rant off~

11. May 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    SACTOWN

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Or the illegal that I transported to the hospital that was proud he got across He was a wanted man down there so he came up here and killed some. Life in prison in Cali and we the tax payers pay for it

12. May 7, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    Blue Ten

Blue Ten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Candler, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off Road
    Undercover Hard Tonneau Cover, WeatherTech Bug Shield, and Toyota Running Boards.
    The media has sensationalized the comparisons to 1930's Germany. The bill only allows police to ask for documentation IF you are engaged in another illegal activity. The AZ law basically says "If you're going to come here illegally, you better be on your best behavior. And if you're not, so long." Americans can't write a check, apply for credit, get a job, or even drive down the street (license checks) without presenting a valid driver's license proving who we are. Yet, Americans are painted as racist Nazi's for asking people to present facts that they even have the right to be here.

13. May 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    x1000

14. May 7, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I support it for sure, since the Federal Government won't do anything about it, and every damn politician won't touch it, even with a 10 foot pole.
    The fact is, we are a country of laws, and if we do not enforce our laws, then we deserve to fail.
    There are a lot of false assumptions about this law. They think that Police will have the "authority" to go up to anyone, and ask for their papers. Not true, only if the person does something illegal, like littering for example. And only if the Officer has a reason to believe they are illegal, such as a fake/stolen I.D., etc.
    Also, national poll after national poll shows that the majority of people support this.

15. May 7, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    The fact that a bill had to be passed to enforce an existing law IMO shows how out of hand this problem has gotten. I can understand people arguing for a fair way to go about doing this. I cannot understand people that are protesting against the intent of the bill. Even more disturbing to me is the fact the president openly criticized AZ for making these changes.

No one bitches about having to carry around a driver's license. I wouldn't mind being required to present a citizenship status card at traffic stops and prior to receiving gov't services.

16. May 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    ILLEGAL is ILLEGAL. They are breaking the law! Cops profile against shady characters hanging out on the corner at 2 am because they mught be selling drugs. No body cares about that. It's not like the cops can pull you over for being Mexican, they have to have a reason. It's just one more step in the process. DL, insurance, registration, documents. What's the deal. If I get pulled over and you wanna check me out, go for it. Illegal immigrants are breaking the law and have ZERO rights. Get over it.

17. May 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    SACTOWN

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    AZ is greatest state in the nation. I would move there if it weren't so dam hot in the summer

18. May 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I dont understand the big deal about it. Is'nt it already illegal to be in the country "illegaly?"

Sheriff joe has been doing what this "new" law says for years

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36998749/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

This might be somewhat of an inconvienence to some Legal citizens at first but with time it will only HELP you! If you are a citizen or legal immigrant you should be proud of this bill, it will help to get rid of the illegals and improve your chances of getting a job, improved wages, and less crime! So what if you have to show a cop your ID! Im proud to be an american and would gladly show proof of it

19. May 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Oh, and .... IBTL:locked:

20. May 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    stro908

stro908 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Sparta,NJ
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD 4banger man.
    There is a reason for profiling...if it walks like a duck, MOST times its a duck.
    Are we going to piss off some legal Mexican citizens in the process? Yes.
    Looks what happens when we try not to piss off the muslim population in the US. I will leave it at that. You can come to your own conclusions.

Lets stop the PC bullshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top