1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I hate drivers down here!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Brunes, May 7, 2010.

1. May 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Some douche in an Infinity with a custom plate just side swiped my wife and drove off.
    She's okay...but he did a couple grand in damage to my scion.

Police are running the plates and submitting them to the report which the insurance company will have to take for action. Luckily USAA is a bunch of thugs when it comes to claims for their customers.

GRRR....People piss me off.

2. May 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    so he'll get nailed with a felony/misdemeanor as well right?

3. May 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    :rofl:

4. May 7, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Sorry to hear. Glad your wife is ok. Hope they catch the creep.

5. May 7, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    and a kid....so that means I also haz sex.

I would hope so.

Thanks!!

6. May 7, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...

ooooooo........internet letdown...i can feel the tension from here

7. May 7, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Not this one...He's 50% Brunes...=)

That's gay...I don't want to know what you are feeling.

8. May 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    You sumafabish!!!

9. May 7, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD Off-Road doublecab
    Do you have any pics of your damaged car and your wife. I might be able to help out.

10. May 7, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Not yet...She's just getting home now...and it's basically dark. Photos of the car in the morning...Photos of my wife....Not here.

11. May 7, 2010 at 9:00 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    glad shes ok. i love having usaa for this reason. they handle accidents very very well.

12. May 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Had to bend some sheet metal to be able to open the door. I don't think the hood was affected at all. Gunna need the door painted, the fender and bumper replaced, and the head lights polished. Not sure what else will pop up. I was planning an suspension/breaking/engine overhaul this summer...so why not get some cleaned up body work while I'm at it...right??

13. May 9, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    Wolfman

Wolfman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    That sucks. I hope they catch the loser that did that as well. The last person that hit me and ran, I chased the bastard down and called the cops.

14. May 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    This is hit and run #2 my wife has been involved in. Neither was a violent or serious impact- so I GUESS it's possible someone could be stupid enuf to not realize their car had just hit something.
    Last time she chased the other driver down and get her to stop...but nowadays- I don't want her doing that. I would only do it in a very limited set of circumstances.
    This time she got the make/model and a plate #...so it should be pretty open and shut. I do hope the d-bag gets a ticket.

15. May 9, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    connor........seriously bro.......is there any friggin thread in tw that you wont derail????:rolleyes:

16. May 9, 2010 at 7:41 PM

1980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dust Bowl
    Might as well just start dealing with your own insurance company as if they even find the person the odds are that they will be uninsured. And you are right -- don't ever go chasing down another driver -- hit and run drivers are often either drunk, on drugs, or committing some other crime -- best nowadays not to take the chance.

Unfortunately, insurance companies are often the scum of the earth. I once got rear-ended while stopped at a light -- completely the other guy's fault, got my truck fixed (under his insurance), then had the same truck run into a few months later while I was parked in a restaurant parking lot inside eating dinner. Again, the other person's insurance company took care of the repairs. The next month my insurance rates went up because I had been "involved" in two accidents in a single year.

17. May 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...We've started the process with our insurance company. And like I said before they are AWESOME about working with stuff like this. The two accidents in one renewal period thing we might have to fight about with them...We'll see tho.
    I hope they find the guy....O=)

18. May 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    kvnhlstd

kvnhlstd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valley of the Sun (Hot Sun)
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4X4
    You gotta luv USAA... been with them for 26 years. I have had three claims with them and have been paid within 2 days on all claims, no questions asked.

19. May 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Yeah...I haven't had any issues from them. The other people have been a pain tho.

Found the statues for Hit and Run in the state of LA. Now I need to find out what the police are doing about it. I know USAA will get it worked out.

20. May 9, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    VixTacom

VixTacom SYC TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Victor
    Wayne, NJ
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5 TRD
    LED's and Neon Glow inside, Blacked out front end, 4X4 with Locking Diff, 5spd Manual, TRD package, CB Radio, Gray Wire Mod, Thrush exhaust system, Tinted marker lights, tailights, interior lights
    that sucks dude. sorry to here that and glad to here your wifes ok.

Products Discussed in

To Top