Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

what do you do for a living?

Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
what do you do for a living?

ok guys i need some help im currently goin to school for welding but i think its not for me. i mean i like to build and weld shit but i don't wanna go into something im not goin to make any money with. im a good welder and can do all the process GMAW, SMAW, GTAW, but im looking for something else to do with my life. and continue on in school with to get a degree in. so what do all of you guys do for a living any ideas for me would be helpful too!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
theres a ton of these threads around here. try doing a search. im sure people will chime in. I was in your position not too long ago. luckily i went to vocational school my junior/senior yr of high school and got my fire fighting cert. so i could fall back on that. currently going to school for fire science and emt- b
Old 05-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
coolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of lightcoolreed is a glorious beacon of light

coolreed's Tacoma Gallery
What do I do for a Living?

I am an Electrical/Electronic Engineer.

If your smart enough and have the drive go to college and get an Engineering Degree. Since you like making things I would suggest Mechanical Engineering.
But you better want it bad. It takes alot of determination, perserverance, drive and a smart mind to get an Engineering Degree. However, the reward of the profession makes it well worth the sacrifice. You will always have a good job. Press On!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
theres a ton of these threads around here. try doing a search. im sure people will chime in. I was in your position not too long ago. luckily i went to vocational school my junior/senior yr of high school and got my fire fighting cert. so i could fall back on that. currently going to school for fire science and emt- b
i tryed searching it and it came up with a bunch of like random threads that didnt help to much if you can throw me a link that would be a huge help

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolreed View Post
I am an Electrical/Electronic Engineer.

If your smart enough and have the drive go to college and get an Engineering Degree. Since you like making things I would suggest Mechanical Engineering.
But you better want it bad. It takes alot of determination, perserverance, drive and a smart mind to get an Engineering Degree. However, the reward of the profession makes it well worth the sacrifice. You will always have a good job. Press On!
yeah tell me more what kinds of things do you do?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I'm into human trafficking
Old 05-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I change tires, you should try doing that.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Largest Member.....huhuh
rmarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant futurermarqu2 has a brilliant future

EMS: Emergency room RN
Name: Roger
rmarqu2's Tacoma Gallery
Been an ER nurse for 4 years. I like it most of the time....
Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
im a Nurse in an ER, i have done it for almost 6 years now and like it. always exciting and different. i really love the schedule. i work 3 days, 12 hours each from 11am to 11pm. i get 2nd shift differential for all 12 hours too. pays the bills and i am off more days then on.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:04 PM   #9
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
ha. how about that. ^^^^^^^
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #10
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
I'm in computers, been in them since 79. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you're really into them and into spending all your free time keeping up with whatever soft and hardware came out last night. If I had the chance to do it all over I'd go into medical. There will never be a shortage of sick people.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
cmf21 is on a distinguished road
cmf21's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a professional bum. Haven't found work in a little over 2yrs.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10nick View Post
ok guys i need some help im currently goin to school for welding but i think its not for me. i mean i like to build and weld shit but i don't wanna go into something im not goin to make any money with. im a good welder and can do all the process GMAW, SMAW, GTAW, but im looking for something else to do with my life. and continue on in school with to get a degree in. so what do all of you guys do for a living any ideas for me would be helpful too!
Who told you welders don't make good money? If you are good and willing to travel where the work is, you can make $20 - $25 an hour.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
ProRacerNorm is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Corrections Officer
Name: Norm
ProRacerNorm's Tacoma Gallery
Corrections Officer in South Jersey....it ain't to bad most of the time
Old 05-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
going to school for electrician. this profession runs in my family, and i also wanted something hands on.

id love to weld really well, but i dont think its my thing for a career.

electrician fit the bill cuz i like being outdoors, like working (not sitting around getting paid for it), not all that hard to get into, but like anything you gotta have the determination to do it. i do and its pretty easy so far. im one of the top in my class
Old 05-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #15
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Who told you welders don't make good money? If you are good and willing to travel where the work is, you can make $20 - $25 an hour.
20-25 easyy. once you get your j-man your makin some big money.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf21 View Post
I'm a professional bum. Haven't found work in a little over 2yrs.
where are you at and what do you do?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #18
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Chef @ Marriott
Old 05-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #19
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Why live in a 200k dollar house when you can live under a 12m dollar bridge huh?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #20
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...u-do-work.html

there ya go. its a sticky in the off topic section.