Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What sunglasses do you rock?

View Poll Results: What glasses do you have?
Ray Ban 172 12.34%
Revo 11 0.79%
Maui Jim 86 6.17%
Costa Del Mar 148 10.62%
Oakley 686 49.21%
Arnette 36 2.58%
Bolle 28 2.01%
Spy 113 8.11%
Smith 46 3.30%
Guidelines 1 0.07%
Fashion 7 0.50%
Other--talk about 'em 163 11.69%
RX glasses 28 2.01%
Walmart Specials 76 5.45%
None--I like my eyes to sizzle 27 1.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #541
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
I use any of 8 different ones depending on light conditions
---
sun, haze, morning, evening, snow, woods, rain, dusk, smog,

I will choose between glacier glasses (mad sun on white snow)
to light enhancing optics (low sun over fog ) and everything in between.

polarized, non-polarized, UVA\UVB percentage, all factored into my decisions

I take optics sort of seriously.

basically I cannot name just one,

but if I must... my favs are Vuarnet glacier glasses for the brightest sun,
can stare right at it no problem and still see snow snakes easily...and non-polarized.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #542
Mustard Tiger
OrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shedOrlPreds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
OrlPreds's Tacoma Gallery
Dragon Optical

http://www.dragonalliance.com/en-us/...ll/group/cinch
Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #544
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
None.

They weaken the iris muscles' ability to adjust to light. Pretty soon people become totally dependent on them as they turn into pale crippled mushrooms who can't cope with the slightest change in ambient light conditions.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #547
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The only time I where sunglasses is when I'm riding my bike but when I do, I always where Dollar General brand.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #548
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
come some Oakley Ducati series right now. matte black frame and matte RED O.

also have a pair of spy i need new lenses for. i use them for mowing and stuff right now.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #549
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
None.

They weaken the iris muscles' ability to adjust to light. Pretty soon people become totally dependent on them as they turn into pale crippled mushrooms who can't cope with the slightest change in ambient light conditions.
Not so sure about the weakening.. But if you wear "cheap" sunglasses, say dark ones that will allow your pupils to dilate but doesn't have UV protection, it allows more harmful UV's in to damage your eyes.. But if you wear good quality ones that filter UV they will protect your eyes.
Sunglasses can adjusting the in coming light intensity suitable for our eyes. Make sure the lenses are 100% UV protection..
So to all you people wearing Dollar General cheapos you're screwing your eyes.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #550
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Not so sure about the weakening.. But if you wear "cheap" sunglasses, say dark ones that will allow your pupils to dilate but doesn't have UV protection, it allows more harmful UV's in to damage your eyes.. But if you wear good quality ones that filter UV they will protect your eyes.
Sunglasses can adjusting the in coming light intensity suitable for our eyes. Make sure the lenses are 100% UV protection..
THIS! and thats why i buy good sunglasses. i get shit from some people i know for having such expensive sunglasses. mom is one of those people.

also i want to get laser eye surgery. both my brothers have had it, and the doctors recommended Oakleys or some like them because they protect your eyes the best.

I have blue eyes, and they are pretty sensitive to light!! I can really tell a difference from say my Oakley or spy, to some cheap wal-mert sunglasses!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #551
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Why is there no choice for Whiley X?
Old 05-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #552
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
None.

Never heard of such a thing. I need to wear sunglasses after working graveyard shifts. It is recommended by my doctor so I have less eye strain.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #553
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
None.

Hahaha, ok. What about the fact that the reason people get cataracts is from UV damage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
All you damn Californians and your Oakleys..... Costa/Ray Ban is where its at
I aint from Cali (thankfully) and I have Oakleys.

Quote:
I knew there was a good reason for spending several hundered dollars on shades. I actually didn't know about that fact either, scary.

Oakley sunglasses:
"UV protection of Plutonite lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm"
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #554
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
Hahaha, ok. What about the fact that the reason people get cataracts is from UV damage?
It's only a reason, not the reason. Anything can be damaging when overdone... even dependency on sunglasses.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #555
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Spy Coopers
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #556
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sunglasses can adjusting the in coming light intensity suitable for our eyes.
Same idea... but just from the other side. I rely on my irises to adjust the incoming light intensity suitable for my eyes.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #557
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Kreed- "Bubba"...it's a SoCal thingand they're cheap too
Old 05-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #558
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's only a reason, not the reason. Anything can be damaging when overdone... even dependency on sunglasses.
Not trying to argue, but I doubt people are really depending on or harming there eyes by wearing "good" shades.. Cheap ones yeah they're letting the UV light eff them harder in the eyeball because there eye is now dilated open more.
Quote:
Same idea... but just from the other side. I rely on my irises to adjust the incoming light intensity suitable for my eyes.
You're eyes are still getting the UV damage..
Check out this article..http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/06...n_1573546.html
But think about your eyes now. Specially the people wearing cheapos.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #559
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
as someone who lives in a place where the UV index is in the "Extreme" levels most of the year

and as someone who developed cataracts while in high school...

the natural way is great
supplements to the natural way helps...more
Like medicine

left to purely natural devices, many of us would be dead. It's not like our eyes just stop working when we put sunglasses on

I wear Oakley Oil Rigs with Grey Polarized lenses
Old 05-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #560
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not trying to argue, but I doubt people are really depending on or harming there eyes by wearing "good" shades..
I'm fine with that...
It's ok for each of us to state our different views and to explain how they contrast. When sunglass dependent people get old, most will graduate to the big black mushroom wraparound shades because they can't cope with outdoor ambient light conditions.

Quote:
Cheap ones yeah they're letting the UV light eff them harder in the eyeball because there eye is now dilated open more.
I totally agree. That's even worse than shades dependence.

Quote:
You're eyes are still getting the UV damage..
Check out this article..http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/06...n_1573546.html
I consider the huffpo a dubious source because feminized liberals are afraid of everything. Instead, I go by my own personal life experience, because I'm already old, never use shades, and don't even need regular glasses. And I spend a lot of time outdoors.

People think of the physical stress of exercise to keep their bodies healthy and fit, but never think of exercise to keep their eyes healthy and fit. Adjusting to constantly changing light conditions keeps our eyes healthy and fit. Shades make lazy eyes.