1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nat. Health care

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by blackwidow2009, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you
    This was originally posted in an ANTI-WAL-MART thread. I added a comment to one of the posts and then thought about starting a new tread about it. First the quote, then my responce. :

Originally Posted by bruinsrme [​IMG]
    Yep health care is the next disaster along with the immigration bill. More people not contributing getting the same or more as those that are.

Then I posted:
    Not to start a war or argument, but I am a firm believer in national health care.

PLEASE, I am not trying to piss anyone off, but my mom is fighting cancer, has been for the last 5 years, and probably wont make it threw the summer. This started BECAUSE of HMO's/insurance companies. My mom is 66. When she was 59 (in 2003) she went to her doctor because of bathroom problems. Her doctor wanted to do a colonoscopy. The insurance company said "NO" that she was too young to have one done. My mom could not spend the 800+ to pay of it out of pocket, besides that is what she already pays for health insurance for! So a year goes by and is not the fall of 2004. She gets a different doctor because she now is convinced it is hemeroids and wants them removed. This doctor said he wanted to do the colonoscopy first; that he was not convinced it was hemeroids, but something else. He too was told by the same insurance company that they will not pay. This doctor fought them!!! My mom got the exam...3 tumors, one the size of a small apple. However, the cancer had already jumped the colon wall and moved into her limph system. Over the last 5+ years and 5 rounds of chemo, it has moved to her liver and lungs.

This would have been prevented if the insurance company would have payed the money for the exam the first time; and she would not be dieing!

Since this time I have recently started to work at the VA hospital here in Cleveland. Actually, I am volentiering since I am out of work I mid-as-well do something usefull with my time. I am in the accounting dept. ... MCCR. We do insurance verification and billing to insurance companies. Yes the VA bills insurance companies just like any other hospital.

Working there I have learned several things that I never knew befor. For starters, one insurance companies police is that ALL of their representatives are REQUIRED to deny 20 (twenty) claims every day, regardless if the are valid or not! Hoping that the paitent will get scared about an outstanding bill and just pay it. Obviously that will only work on smaller claims.

Another thing I have learned is that VETS get increadible great health care! Insurance companies enter deals with pharmacutical companies for dicounts on drugs, as well as pharmacies like mail order ones. Insurance companies threaten us DAILY that the will not pay for a patients RX because it is not the genaric, and the WE NEED TO TELL THE DOCTOR TO CHANGE THE PERSCRIPTION!

Our (the VA's) responce is "we are the VA. You do not tell us what to do! If you do not want to pay, that is fine, but we will not change or ask our doctors to change their diagnosis or perscriptions for you or anyone, to suit your cost preferences."

Insurance companies dont want to pay for certain RX's because of the cost, and even when explained to them that the doctor perscribed the medican that they did because of other medication conflicts, they don't care and still refuse to pay!

Our Doctors, do what is right and BEST for the paitent, and don't care what the insurance companies say or try do dictate.

Insurance companies do not have anyones best interests at heart except their own. Remeber insurance companies are in busness for one reason only, and that is to make money.

In the public world (non VA) doctors are under sever preasure from insurance companies to not do certain exams or prescribe certain RX's because of cost. My mom is a perfect example of that.

If we had a National health care system, we would have doctors like the VA has...ones that did right by the patient instead of being bullied around by insurance companies.

It may not be a perfect system, but it will be better then insurance companies ruling our doctors. And befor anyone says that doctors and nurses wont make as much money as in the private sector...look on www.usajobs.com Look and see what they pay! I know 3 different nurses and the pay is equal if not better then, the private sector!

Again, I'm not trying to start an argument, and I know it very hard for anyone to understand things as I see it because they have not learned all that I know or experienced everything that I have so far. All I ask is have an open mind to what I have said, and look at things the why they are...meaning, ask your doctor next time you see him how things work, like "why are you prescribing me the generic?" He'll say either because the insurance co. wont pay other wise, OR he'll say to say you money. How is he saving you money?...you pay "X" amount for a script regardless of cost, you don't pay a percent. You might have a deductible, but once you met it, you met it, now they have to pay.

I'm asking you to think and be suspisious! Question everything. And PLEASE if you don't like what your doctor says, get another oppion and PUSH for what you know is right!!! It's your life your fighting for. PLEASE don't be one of those people that LITTERALLY takes better care of their car/truck then you do of your self!!!

2. May 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    toy02ota

toy02ota Local TW dissenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Brownsville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2005 Chevy Silverado
    :locked::locked:IBTL:locked::locked:

And I am very sorry for your mother. Prayers for her of course. I am going thru the same thing with my grandmother. Dominus tecum.

3. May 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Prayers sent for your Mom. I just don't agree with the healthcare for all the illegals. Sick of the contiued pussification of America and bending over backwards for everyone else. With that said however, I implore you to look up Steven Crowder on Youtube and watch the Obamacare yay or nay video. It's a tough call and I hate to hear about your mom but I can see the healthcare going terribly worng. Besides, once they control healthcare, they control a lot more. Kinda like that salt ban in NY, they can do that because they're giving you your healthcare

Here ya go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jijuj1ysw

4. May 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    National wealth transfer at any price. Come on all you guys that have busted your ass to get what you have should have it taken away. It's not fair that you have more than those that have applied themselves less. I consider it reparations of sorts.

5. May 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

6. May 18, 2010 at 10:25 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    No worries BW, hope you can enjoy your time with her

7. May 18, 2010 at 10:40 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Sorry to hear that my mother in law has been fighting cancer for two years and i still hate national health care.
    Why because it basically gives the people who already abuse the system, a legal way to abuse the system.
    Health care is "already free" all you have to do is go to the ER and by law they had to treat you!
    People that still can't afford health care won't pay their quote money back in the long run.. And or will opt out of it and get fined for not having it. At the end of the year the tax payers will still pay for it.
    So why push it and why spend all this money for no change

8. May 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    only_K

only_K Future Owner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Currently searching for dream truck...
    TBD
    Ive heard that some Wealthy Canadians fly to the US to get treated quicker.

9. May 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Not to mention in the new health care system HIPPA is out the door

10. May 18, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    4x4jeep

4x4jeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Destin FL.
    Obama = Bad
    :locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked::locked:

11. May 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    I am sorry to hear of what is happening to your mom. My mom lost her battle with breast cancer, chemo is nasty.
    National healthcare won't be a free ticket to a full menu of services. it won't be free health care. someone has to pay for it. Please refer back to the other post and look at the DOE, there is a prime example of government backed programs. Healthcare will be much the same.
    If you are volunteering at a hospital talk with the doctors about national healthcare and ask them to share their opinions on the bill.

Let me touch on the veterans topic.
    They get incredible health care. Having been there and done that veterans make an incredible sacrifice for any time served. Please tell me the last time you spend 84 days underwater with very limited contact from family and friends and society. Share with us your experieinces working on a flight deck for 16 hours a day in the blazing heat and those days in the desert performing raids in full combat gear being shot at and wondering if you will ever see your family again. Veterans have paid their dues and then some.

12. May 19, 2010 at 1:27 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    closed b/c politics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top