1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking about investing in a pool for the house

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thestrangebrew, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew [OP] AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    As the title says. What things should I look for in terms of financing, contractors etc. How does financing typically work for a pool. I'm looking for an in-ground one, not very big, but it will be irregularly shaped (ie it'll have to be L-shaped to go from a portion of my backyard to the sid of my house due to lot constraints). Any tips or advice?

2. May 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    techgeekwill

techgeekwill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR DCSB
    I've not done it, but I did look into it. Budget for at least $40k for a basic pool. Depends on the wall material and other things.

I'd call around and get several quotes of course, ask for references and check contractors against the BBB. A lot of pool contractors will take your money and deliver a poor product or nothing at all.

I decided to forget about it for now. The cost was too high, and I didn't feel like getting into debt any more than I was. It would add value, but you have to deal with the construction and everything else. What you budget for $40k will easily go up to $50k+.

I'm planning on just buying a house with a Pool already built in the next year or so.

3. May 25, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    paulm09tacoma

paulm09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab trd
    imo- the pool is more of an investment to you and family then to your house and real estate value. they are a ton of work but a lot of fun. also homeowners ins can go up with an inground pool.and like techgeekwill said' 40k is probably a starting point. good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top