Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Truck payment

Old 05-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Truck payment

hello all,
I'm very happy, this week i gave an 8k USD payment on my truck credit, that will help me a lot on saving interests! I want to pay for the truck asap to save some money.....
Old 05-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
hello all,
I'm very happy, this week i gave an 8k USD payment on my truck credit, that will help me a lot on saving interests! I want to pay for the truck asap to save some money.....
you know they apply that 8k all towards interest first right?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
you got that wrong..... its capital..... at least thats in my contract.... with that payment im gonna reduce the time from 48 to 42 months.....
Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
Wrong.... It should go toward the principle.

However - depending on your bank...and if you're not careful.... The bank will sneak it in as your next monthly payments - which is mostly interest (most likely).

If you ever make extra payments on any loan - you need to call your bank and make sure the extra money is going towards principle. Because - they'll screw you if you're not paying attention and don't follow-through with where the money is going.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #5

You are right Janster, you have to be very careful with extra payments...
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
When doing a balloon payment generally it goes towards principal. You should, however, SPECIFY In WRITING you want it towards principal in case they wanna be a screw (which from what I read here on some threads is entirely possible)