Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How much is your mortgage/rent?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
How much is your mortgage/rent?

I guess I'm just nosy. Someone mentioned that some people pay more for their truck notes than they do for rent.

City: Metairie, LA (Part of Metro New Orleans)
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Roommates: Wife
Rent or Own: Own (In 28 years)
Monthly Payment: $1575
Remaining: 28 Years
Old 05-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
If people are paying that much i feel sorry for them i would be like this each month
Old 05-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
If people are paying that much i feel sorry for them i would be like this each month
I think you misunderstood...there are people paying $600/month on their Tacoma and some people are paying that much on rent.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You should have wrote that, it does suck that they pay that much but they really wanted a taco
Old 05-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband does the bills...but I believe our mortgage is $1300. We pay extra every month and refinanced a few years back. We've been paying on it for say....12 years and have only 7 years left.

It'll be nice to be under 50 and have the house paid off.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #6
bigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the roughbigguy78619 is a jewel in the rough
bigguy78619's Tacoma Gallery
$865 mortgage for a condo in san diego, purchased 3 months ago, so i have what? 357 more payments.....oh well!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think i brought it up in the other thread...and my rent with all utilities included is $600 a month
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
$1500 for rent now, looking at houses now that will carry a $2,300 - $3,000 mortgage for 35 years! Life in Silicon Valley aint cheap.....
Old 05-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
$1500 for rent now, looking at houses now that will carry a $2,300 - $3,000 mortgage for 35 years! Life in Silicon Valley aint cheap.....
holy poop thats a lot....
Old 05-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #10
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
holy poop thats a lot....
Poop is not the word I use when thinking about it! Wife and I are first time buyers so we get some downpayment assistance and special low fixed rate for the first (also intrest only for the first 5 years) and deferred payment and intrest for five years on the second. It workes out good for me 'cause my kid will be in full time school in 3 years so I will be free to return to work full time when the "promo" period ends.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:26 AM   #11
Jmetz is on a distinguished road

Jmetz's Tacoma Gallery
I pay $650 a month for a 2 bedroom 1100sq ft condo. That includes everything. Heat, a/c, cable, cable internet, lights, gas, etc.

Unfortunately in 2 months that all comes to an end. I locked into my lease a couple yrs ago when the rental market was bad and the same units now are renting for around $900. On the upside it's a perfect time to buy a house. Gotta love market reversal.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
Poop is not the word I use when thinking about it! Wife and I are first time buyers so we get some downpayment assistance and special low fixed rate for the first (also intrest only for the first 5 years) and deferred payment and intrest for five years on the second. It workes out good for me 'cause my kid will be in full time school in 3 years so I will be free to return to work full time when the "promo" period ends.
Any of you first time buyers paying PMI insurance?

We didn't have 20% down on our house and had to pay PMI insurance. It was like $85 a month - sucks, but necessary if you don't have that kinda cash to put down. We refinanced after 8 years I believe and were able to get rid of the PMI because the mortgage-to-value (or whatever they call it) had reached past 20%.

I see now - there are new laws in place (not sure what they are).
Before - even if your mortgage/loan went beyond the 20% - the bank wouldn't drop the PMI insurance. They'd keep collecting it until YOU (the home-owner) would request them to drop it. Stupid....banks kept pocketing that money that you didn't have to pay.
So as a home-owner, you really had no idea when your home value reached that 20% point unless you paid off 20% of the principle or you had your home appraised to be worth more.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #13
Sir Anal Loin of Beef
Dcrooks84 has a spectacular aura aboutDcrooks84 has a spectacular aura about

Dcrooks84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Dcrooks84
I can't believe some of the prices that some of you are paying. I have a two story two bedroom town house for $500 a month. I guess I might look for something a little nicer once I win the lotto.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Already have one house paid for. Its being rented out and My wife and I are currantly paying 600 mo. for the 2 bd. 2 bath condo we reside in now.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
Come on, Touch it......

The county of Santa Clara, CA has a program that keeps you from paying PMI if your a first time home buyer. You have to go thru first horizon bank (I think) only with this county program. I think the second "piggyback" loan (I think thats the term) is the mechinism that helps you to avoid PMI.

I have been reading so much crap online that my brain is financial mush right now!

I think my wife set us up an appt this week to talk to a HUD certified counselor to go over all the info/options.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
$475 for a 1200 square foot condo less than 10 minutes West of Downtown Ft Worth. I think my roommate pays $550 for his room since it's bigger, and the electric and water are flat rate and included in the HOA fees, which are taken care of by the owner of the condo.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
Ask for forgiveness than permission
ShorelineFab will become famous soon enoughShorelineFab will become famous soon enough

ShorelineFab's Tacoma Gallery
Mortgage is $ 6,700.00 per month!!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #19
Come on, Touch it......

After reading this thread I think I need a beer and a Prozac!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #20
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShorelineFab View Post
Mortgage is $ 6,700.00 per month!!

oh, well I dont feel so bad....... you my freind need a beer and a prozac