Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

View Poll Results: Prolife or Prochoice
Prolife~ Abortion is murder and therefore unacceptable 104 32.81%
Prochoice~ It's a free country people should be free to do as they please 213 67.19%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #22
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Yeah...My opinion is mine on this, but I'll go as far to say that it shouldn't be the government's business to interfere with what someone does within their home or what a woman does to her body.
Agree 100%
Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #23
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah...My opinion is mine on this, but I'll go as far to say that it shouldn't be the government's business to interfere with what someone does within their home or what a woman does to her body.
x2 It's not the gov's business. Time to point out an interesting hypocrisy. Most right wingers that scream "less government" and "constitutional rights" are the ones who want to make abortion illegal (among other religious based laws).
Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #24
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsold View Post
Then he and her are gonna do the right thing and my wife and i will be there to support and love them both.
The right thing to you might not always be the right thing for someone else. My wifes cousin had a kid at 17. her and the supposed father were pretty much forced into geting married. a year later they are divorced b/c she "didnt love him". now this sweet little boy has to be raised by two retard parents, the guy is less of a dumb ass than the mom, she is a boy crazy 18 year old now. I feel bad for her son.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #25
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pro-choice, but at the same time I'm a guy and will never have to make that choice. A friend of my wife got an abortion, and she was crushed for a month, very depressed and felt horrible, and her bro-inlaw basically disowned her. BUT...if you look at the alternative, she was in med school and a pregnancy would have prevented her from finishing and probably would have made her have to change her entire career choice or at least caused her to lose so much money she'd invested in school that she wouldn't be able to continue.

Another argument that can be made is when exactly do you think you are "alive". I work in the science field, we use amobea's and planarians and little single celled protists all the time. Those are all living things, but they aren't self aware. When we are first fertilized, we are just a collection of undetermined cells, literally a ball of individual cells clustered and dividing. Is that life and is killing that ball of cells murder because it may one day develop into a human being? Some would say no because that ball of cells could halt development, it could miscarry, anything could happen between that stage and when it's fully developed. Even after it's fully developed, it may die before birth.

My last argument: separation of church and state. If the government regulates abortion based on religion and belief, it's crossing the line that was set back in George's day. If somebody figured out scientifically that there was a health issue or some basis in fact that abortion is bad, ok, maybe gov. regulations.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #26
rebelsold will become famous soon enoughrebelsold will become famous soon enough

Name: Gim
rebelsold's Tacoma Gallery
not saying get married. sorry should have specified. The "right Thing" is to have the kid and raise it. Even if that means the grand parents (my wife and I) have to raise it she is still gonna have the child.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:07 AM   #29
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
If the only comment you have to make is about getting the thread locked, about what a hot button issue this is, or trying to start an argument- DON'T.

If you have something of substance to add to a respectful conversation- Please enjoy the thread.
X2
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #30
CAPS CAPS CAPS!
asphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedasphaltpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, B Co, 1st BN, 6th MAR ('93 - '97)
Name: Jason
asphaltpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I am pro-life.

However....

We live in a nation based on freedom. The government, especially the Federal government, SHOULD NOT be in the business of telling its citizens that they can or cannot have an abortion.

Let freedom ring or GTFO.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #31
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
IMO

every human should have a chance at life.

pro-life.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #32
adnh27 is on a distinguished road
adnh27's Tacoma Gallery
I was just talking about this the other day with my wife and sister. I'm pro-life. I believe that there is a human being in the womb and should have a chance at life. My wife said that even if the baby was conceived in a "bad" circumstance she would still carry the baby. Now, if she didn't want it, she would give it up for adoption. That's my view as well.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #33
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
pro-choice
Old 06-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #34
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
So in your opinion, it's not ok if the sex was consentual. Ok I agree with that, but what about rape victims?
Still, the life of a child doesn't deserve to pay for something a rapist did. I know it's tough on the mother also, but a life is a life and shouldn't be snubbed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I know its a tough situation and there is always the option of adoption, but life isn't always fair and in this case its either take the life of an innocent human being, or change the life of an innocent human being.
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
x2 It's not the gov's business. Time to point out an interesting hypocrisy. Most right wingers that scream "less government" and "constitutional rights" are the ones who want to make abortion illegal (among other religious based laws).
Lets not go there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
IMO

every human should have a chance at life.

pro-life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnh27 View Post
I was just talking about this the other day with my wife and sister. I'm pro-life. I believe that there is a human being in the womb and should have a chance at life. My wife said that even if the baby was conceived in a "bad" circumstance she would still carry the baby. Now, if she didn't want it, she would give it up for adoption. That's my view as well.
X2
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #35
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Pro-Choice with limits. None of that 3rd trimester stuff unless it's beneficial and critical to the health of the mother.

I am not religious thus my decision does not include the factors most people might consider in this situation.

I must say this thread is going pretty well so far.
X2

To civil debate is adult, calling names is for children. I think most people on here are adult.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #36
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Colton, I know where you're coming from but unless you or one of your loved one's has been there it's hard to understand where these females are coming from, and what it is they are feeling. There is practically no chance for the child to ever feel the love of a mother. Yes adoption is an option but how many kids are looking to get adopted already? Why bring a child into this world if he's going to suffer his entire life?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #37
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pro-minding my own business and letting the creator sort it out, not humans who think they know whats best for everyone else, while they often have skeletons in their own closets.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #38

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richman21 View Post
X2

To civil debate is adult, calling names is for children. I think most people on here are adult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I must say this thread is going pretty well so far.
Agreed. I'm going to ask that if people start making rude/childish/stupid comments we ignore them. Just like you would a child.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #39
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, there's wackos out there, but its applicable on both sides of the political spectrum.
Yes, you're correct. Both sides are overly represented by hypocritical extreme wackos. Unfortunately corruption is fully immersed in both sides too.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #40
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
I am anti-killing babies, and your mom was pro-life.