Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

View Poll Results: Prolife or Prochoice
Prolife~ Abortion is murder and therefore unacceptable 104 32.81%
Prochoice~ It's a free country people should be free to do as they please 213 67.19%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #41
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bret
Bretsuaz48's Tacoma Gallery
I am definately pro choice. What I don't understand is why these young girls are not using birth control. Is it really that hard? Its their body, they are the ones that are going to suffer the consequences.

It amazes me when parents don't think that sex and birth control should be discussed because that will encourage them to have sex. Please, they are going to have sex whether you discuss it with them or not. The only difference is you will be discussing it with them when they come to tell you they are pregnant.

I worked in the health insurance industry for many years. You would not believe some of the people that I talked to. They would call when they were pretty far into the pregnancy asking what their insurance would cover for an abortion. Many times, they would wait so long they would have to go to another state where late term abortions were not illegal. Abortion was a covered benefit, but they would have to pay for it out of pocket and submit it for reimbursement. They didn't even have the money to pay for an abortion, how are they going to raise a kid? Many times I could see that this wasn't even their first abortion. I found it to be disgusting how matter of fact they were about it, and just seemed to find it to be an inconvenience.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #42
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
You need a other option. I don't agree with abortion if it was a stupid mistake, I do believe it is alright if it was a rape situation and as long as it is done immediately.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #43
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan7p View Post
I am anti-killing babies, and your mom was pro-life.
Lets keep mothers out of this, and stop with the rude comments. This is a civil conversation where people are free to express their opinion without being harassed. If you disagree or dont like the subject feel free to move on to another thread.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #44
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz48 View Post
I am definately pro choice. What I don't understand is why these young girls are not using birth control. Is it really that hard? Its their body, they are the ones that are going to suffer the consequences.

It amazes me when parents don't think that sex and birth control should be discussed because that will encourage them to have sex. Please, they are going to have sex whether you discuss it with them or not. The only difference is you will be discussing it with them when they come to tell you they are pregnant.

I worked in the health insurance industry for many years. You would not believe some of the people that I talked to. They would call when they were pretty far into the pregnancy asking what their insurance would cover for an abortion. Many times, they would wait so long they would have to go to another state where late term abortions were not illegal. Abortion was a covered benefit, but they would have to pay for it out of pocket and submit it for reimbursement. They didn't even have the money to pay for an abortion, how are they going to raise a kid? Many times I could see that this wasn't even their first abortion. I found it to be disgusting how matter of fact they were about it, and just seemed to find it to be an inconvenience.
Thank you for encouraging communication with children. The head in the sand strategy just doesn't work.

Interesting side note that is statistically proven, kids taught abstinence only statistically have sex for the first time at the same age as those taught comprehensively. They also have the exact same frequency of sexual activity.

Here's the kicker. The only significant statistical difference is that those who are taught abstinence only have a higher rate of STD's and unwanted pregnancy than those taught comprehensively.

I'm pretty sure these are CDC stats. My wife teaches the psychology of sexuality at the local college. If you'd like to know the exact source, let me know.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #45
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
To me abortion is kind of like suicide. It is a selfish act on the person deciding to go through it. Just because someone has something going on in their life doesn't mean that they should just stop one from ever becoming. No one knows what the future holds. I am Pro-Life. Yes we live in a free country but the freedom of one doesn't give you the right to take the freedom of another no matter how old or young...
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #46
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan7p View Post
I am anti-killing babies, and your mom was pro-life.
that does it for me. good call.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #47
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
Lets keep mothers out of this, and stop with the rude comments. This is a civil conversation where people are free to express their opinion without being harassed. If you disagree or dont like the subject feel free to move on to another thread.
he didnt say anything rude. he was simply stating his opinion
Old 06-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #48
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
im kinda in between, so i didnt vote. i feel a woman has her right to choose. however, choosing to get an abortion because your boyfriend forgot to pullout in time and you are not old enough or do not want a baby is an UNACCEPTABLE reason to get an abortion.

however, if you were raped or was informed by your doctor that you would have severe complications or die if you gave birth to the baby, then i feel you have the right to abort the pregnancy.

i certainly do not agree with most abortions, however i feel the government really has no right to make a law banning abortions based on ethics.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #49
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
I was discussing this issue with my co-worker. My thoughts are, america is a free country, people should be free to do what they like with their body. I understand some people are strongly against it because of their religion or what not but why impose your beliefs on someone else? Personally, I would never let my partner have an abortion but the option should still be there.

Thoughts?
i agree with you.im pro choice but when you see a aborted baby it makes you 2nd guess. im still pro choice
Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #50
Proz is on a distinguished road

Army:
Proz's Tacoma Gallery
What I like about this thread is that of all three page worth of posting there has yet to be a female member post anything about this....if it impacts anyone more would'nt it be them?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #51
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pro choice, but I see the other side of the argument too. I also have the fear that if abortion is banned, young women may find a more dangerous way to end the pregnancy. This is a very touchy subject.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #52
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
I'm pro choice, but I see the other side of the argument too. I also have the fear that if abortion is banned, young women may find a more dangerous way to end the pregnancy. This is a very touchy subject.
I meant to put this in my original post but forgot.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #53
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a woman and pro-life.
If something traumatic happened to me, I may feel otherwise & would have to carefully weigh what options I have available, discussing it with my family members & other professionals. However, I believe most are done, not because of an attack, but as an "alternative" & do not consider other methods such safe sex, the pill & other birth control preventatives, parents & children taking active roles in open, honest communication about the subject etc. Also, I think it just follows along with other subjects desensitized in our society today. I guess whether one was to get one or not, it is something you have to live with the rest of your life. Not a burden I would want to carry, no pun intended.

This is just an old girl's opinion.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #54
Barnone
Barnone's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't vote because of the way the choices were worded.
Sometime there are good reasons for abortions but generally I am pro life.
You can't outlaw abortions because we will go back to the old ways of having illegal abortions.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #55
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
interesting topic choice....being in the medical field I strive to save lives and prevent further injury. Fundamentally, I am against abortion but I can see if a womans health is compromised and the abortion needs to occur to keep her alive. On the other hand, it is a womans choice to do what she pleases since she is the one carrying the baby for 9 months.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #56
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I am pro choice. But not as a means of birth control. But if a woman is raped or incest.....an abortion is in order.

And remember......birth control is NOT 100% effective.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #57
Jordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud ofJordo has much to be proud of

Jordo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
I am pro choice. But not as a means of birth control. But if a woman is raped or incest.....an abortion is in order.

And remember......birth control is NOT 100% effective.

100% what he said
Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #58
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
abstinence is a form of birth control that is 100% effective....
Old 06-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #59

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proz View Post
What I like about this thread is that of all three page worth of posting there has yet to be a female member post anything about this....if it impacts anyone more would'nt it be them?
Yea, lets have some female input! Ladies what do you think?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #60

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
abstinence is a form of birth control that is 100% effective....
Birth control is not the topic of discusion, abortion is. Thanks for your input though. Doc.