Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Pro-life or Pro-choice?

View Poll Results: Prolife or Prochoice
Prolife~ Abortion is murder and therefore unacceptable 104 32.81%
Prochoice~ It's a free country people should be free to do as they please 213 67.19%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pro-life or Pro-choice?

I was discussing this issue with my co-worker. My thoughts are, america is a free country, people should be free to do what they like with their body. I understand some people are strongly against it because of their religion or what not but why impose your beliefs on someone else? Personally, I would never let my partner have an abortion but the option should still be there.

Thoughts?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
Touchy Subject.

I pro-choice though.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaShasBoo View Post
Touchy Subject.
Yea, but were all grown up's here, well most of us anyway.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Im pro life but not because of religion.

I can see this maybe getting locked.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
Gooch814 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 20th FW SSgt
Name: Jeff
Gooch814's Tacoma Gallery

When I was younger I was pro-life and instantly despised all those pro-choice. Now I could care less, as long as its not late in the pregnacny or anything.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
110% Pro-life
Old 06-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #7

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Im pro life but not because of religion.

I can see this maybe getting locked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
110% Pro-life
Can you elaborate on why? Im just interested in reasons other that religion.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
To take the life of a developing human to me is not only unacceptable, but sickening. Because a couple who can't practice sex safely, doesn't mean that the child should face the consequences and be denied the right to live.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
There are other options than killing the baby. Adoption, being one of them. I can see the argument of rape and getting pregnant, but I don't think that justifies abortion. JMHO.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #10
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Choice. There need to be exceptions in termination time periods. Rape is another reason I don't believe in pro life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
There are other options than killing the baby. Adoption, being one of them. I can see the argument of rape and getting pregnant, but I don't think that justifies abortion. JMHO.
So you think that after the fact the woman was raped, she should have to change her lifestyle and possibly career moves because she was a victim to a scumbag? Possible complications during birth could kill both or either the baby/mother.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #11

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
To take the life of a developing human to me is not only unacceptable, but sickening. Because a couple who can't practice sex safely, doesn't mean that the child should face the consequences and be denied the right to live.
So in your opinion, it's not ok if the sex was consentual. Ok I agree with that, but what about rape victims?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #12
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
I think that choice and self determination is a fundemental human right. If you are against abortion, don't have one.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Pro Choice. There need to be exceptions in termination time periods. Rape is another reason I don't believe in pro life.

So you think that after the fact the woman was raped, she should have to change her lifestyle and possibly career moves because she was a victim to a scumbag? Possible complications during birth could kill both or either the baby/mother.
I know its a tough situation and there is always the option of adoption, but life isn't always fair and in this case its either take the life of an innocent human being, or change the life of an innocent human being.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #14
LVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedLVTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LVTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I can see where this thread is headed, but...

Pro-choice. Womans choice.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #15
EEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really niceEEtaco is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Stefan
EEtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
That's my view as well.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #16

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
WHY THE F$%# are people so freaked out by the thread? WE are all adults and as long as we remain respectfull there should be no issues.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #17
braaap

Quote:
WHY THE F$%# are people so freaked out by the thread? WE are all adults and as long as we remain respectfull there should be no issues.
You would think, but sometimes people get angry and start childish arguments which get threads locked.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 AM   #18
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Choice.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Camdan will become famous soon enoughCamdan will become famous soon enough
Name: Cameron
Camdan's Tacoma Gallery
Pro life all the way. There are other options such as adoption or even the plan b which is not abortion and is not killing a person.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #20
rebelsold will become famous soon enoughrebelsold will become famous soon enough

Name: Gim
rebelsold's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is a ticking bomb for name calling and hate spewing but hell i don't have anything to loose. I'm pro life as i stand today. That being said, i always ask myself this situation. What if something horrible like rape or whatever were to happen to someone i love dearly. That child was created in hate, anger, and all around pure evil. Its not the kids fault but that mother must not only deal with the violation upon herself, but must always carry the burden of knowing what this child was created in. Is it wrong to take the life? Yes. Is it understandable to not want to carry the child in the terms it was conceived in? Yes. Its a decision that has to be made by the mother and those that truly love her must support it. I know this from personal experience. In the case of rape, incest or any other gross degradation of humanity, I will lump it in with the taking of life under war. It sucks, its difficult, but it may have to happen. I know its a charged statement but when i talk to my friends that have come back from Iaq, Afganistan and all other places they talk about the pain of having to live with knowing they took a life. Its not any easier because they were following their command and duty. Its just the shitty realization that due to the circumstances of what happened actions had to be taken. I may be rambling but that is how i feel. The only time in my mind that an abortion should be considered is when the mothers own freedom and common rights has been violated to conceive a child.
If my daughter (dont have one yet, praying for sons) were to get knocked up and came to me with the idea of an abortion an ass kicking would be in order. Guess who's gonna get it. The shit ass kid that knocked her up, and she's gonna watch as i bring him with an inch of his life. Then he and her are gonna do the right thing and my wife and i will be there to support and love them both. He's just gonna have to get his shit kicked in first. Thats just me and i dont expect anyone else to be that way.