1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Respect the Flag!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by takern, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Jun 12, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    I wouldn't feel bad for pointing out the group of people hollering. Stereotypes are besed off reality

2. Jun 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Amen brother! It's almost like you read my mind.

3. Jun 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    mr2crazed

mr2crazed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morro Bay, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner SR5
    I did not serve but I too get emotional when hearing the national enthem, get goose bumps in fact (no lie). I appreciate it more and more the older I get.

And thank you for your service. I have great respect for those who serve.

4. Jun 13, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    hawaiikone

hawaiikone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Mililani, Hi.
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner
    racks for my paddleboard
    As a veteran from the 60's I can remember another era when our flag didn't receive the respect it had earned, from many who abused the same freedom the flag represented. Pissed me off then, and it does the same thing now.
    Kennedy's "don't ask what your country can do for you..." has been changed to "demand all this country can give you"

5. Jun 13, 2010 at 3:21 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    And correct as well. The American flag is always at a higher mast.

Have you gone down to the Marine Corp Barracks at 8th & I in DC for the Friday night Parade?

http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/parade_eveningdefault.asp

6. Jun 13, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC BSP 4X4 TRD Off-road
    Stainless Nfab Steps painted black, Acces Tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Weathertech floor mats, EGR slimline visors, Wicked Flow 13 mufflers, ultragauge and 4X4 illuminated switch mod, receiver shackle from Timichi and Redline QL plus hood struts.
    This reminded me of the time we have attended the oath taking ceremony for citizenship last May 19 this year. The Honorable Judge that presided over the ceremony have a lot of words of encouragement for the souls that were there becoming US citizens in a matter of minutes.

She stated that some took their status (naturally born citizens) for granted. They never realize and appreciate that they are citizens of the greatest nation on Earth. Taking for things granted and never understood the great sacrifices of our forefathers, service men and women and the wars we fought to secure freedom.

She went further saying that as new citizens we should never forgot the above mentioned things. She encouraged us to bring forth our greatest talent, effort and contribution to make this nation greater.

They each gave us a small American flag presented by the Daughters of the American Revolution. I held that tiny flag with almost tears in my eyes. ( You could revoke my man card later ;)) Its a small flag, but the thing it symbolizes is far greater than one can imagine.

LOL, I remember when my boys came home from the very first school day.
    "Papa! Papa, " I will teach you to sing the American National Anthem and say Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag."
    They were so proud and happy. Ahh my kids, grand pa will be proud.

Even in games, there some that are ,sadly, never even stood straight or pay attention or face the flag. Some never took off their hat or place their right hand over their left chest. Sad, sad indeed.

I understand the OPs frustration. I am sure the parents in that graduation ceremony are ecstatic over thier son/daughter's achievement, thus the unintentional disrespect. Maybe a kind reminder of what the expected decorum is during that time will suffice?

7. Jun 13, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    I hate to say but there is No LAW against STUPID If you don't respect the people in Office please respect those who Gave their lives to keep us FREE

8. Jun 13, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top