Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What's the most back-handed compliment you've ever gotten?

Old 06-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
What's the most back-handed compliment you've ever gotten?

Something I posted in the dog thread made me think of this topic. When I was about fourteen, I was in the midst of my "ugly stage" and I had a massive crush on a certain guy for about 2 years. Naturally, he wouldn't give me the time of day! School started in the Fall when I was 16, and lo and behold, the crush guy comes running up to me after lunch one day and says "Do you want to go out sometime?" I looked at him like he was crazy and said "I was madly in love with you for two years and NOW you want to go out with me?! Why now?" he looked at me funny and stammered out. "Well.....um.... but.....you've changed." I raised my eyebrows and said "you mean I'm not ugly anymore?" He said "Yeah." I said "Go to hell Danny" . Anyone else have a back-handed compliment story to share?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
When I was younger I was kinda square and cleancut. But my friends were part of the "cool" and "desirable" kids. I was not ugly but I was shy. I confided in one of the girlfriends-"how come I cant get a girl like you or Denise?" to which she replied-"because we like the 'badboys' and...well...you're what we'll want when we're older women"
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
When I was younger I was kinda square and cleancut. But my friends were part of the "cool" and "desirable" kids. I was not ugly but I was shy. I confided in one of the girlfriends-"how come I cant get a girl like you or Denise?" to which she replied-"because we like the 'badboys' and...well...you're what we'll want when we're older women"
I was shy too. Had a lot of the cooler friends. Like they say "nice guys finish last". I'm not bitter though. And I don't consider my kick-ass wife and awesome kids "last" either.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah Toy I have a beautiful Wife too-some of these knuckleheads will stare at her right in front of me but I learned a long time ago to deal cause after all, look at the missilman thread-there's no stopping it!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Yeah Toy I have a beautiful Wife too-some of these knuckleheads will stare at her right in front of me but I learned a long time ago to deal cause after all, look at the missilman thread-there's no stopping it!
same here man!!!! just take it as a compliment.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
same here man!!!! just take it as a compliment.
word, T
Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
When I was about fourteen, I was in the midst of my "ugly stage"
me too, except I never grew out of it!

my father in law likes to tell me...

I spoke up for you the other day. Some guys were saying you weren't fit to sleep with swine. I told them you were.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I treat my woman like I treat my car. I take care of it and keep it up. At carshow you see signs that say "you can look but don't touch" Same applies for my girl.
yo got that right man!!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Something I posted in the dog thread made me think of this topic. When I was about fourteen, I was in the midst of my "ugly stage" and I had a massive crush on a certain guy for about 2 years. Naturally, he wouldn't give me the time of day! School started in the Fall when I was 16, and lo and behold, the crush guy comes running up to me after lunch one day and says "Do you want to go out sometime?" I looked at him like he was crazy and said "I was madly in love with you for two years and NOW you want to go out with me?! Why now?" he looked at me funny and stammered out. "Well.....um.... but.....you've changed." I raised my eyebrows and said "you mean I'm not ugly anymore?" He said "Yeah." I said "Go to hell Danny" . Anyone else have a back-handed compliment story to share?
I had something similar happen to me in highskrewel. I asked this girl to prom, and she said no. No biggie. I used to make a game out of seeing how many times I could be turned down. Well, I drove a 1962 Dodge P/U. For prom, my parents got me a 1986 (thats was brand new when this happened) Convertable IROC Camaro. Sat, morning, I was washing it in front of the house, and she walked by with a friend. SHe asked if I still wanted to go to prom with her. I said why she changed her mind, to which she replied, " I didnt know you were going to be driveing THAT" pointing to the car. I chuckled and went back to washing.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
I have people ask me if I speak english.....

I had a lady ask me if I was babysitting or a nanny for that baby (I was with my kid)....

....that one... the guy with the nice ass, one more beer and I'll do'im (my buddy is a bartender and listening in on these chicks talking about me).....

the list could go on!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:33 PM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
When I was about fourteen, I was in the midst of my "ugly stage"
You mean that it's suposed to be a "STAGE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
me too, except I never grew out of it!

my father in law likes to tell me...

I spoke up for you the other day. Some guys were saying you weren't fit to sleep with swine. I told them you were.
I have been getting "fat" jokes for the last 20 years.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
....that one... the guy with the nice ass, one more beer and I'll do'im
Switch "guy" with "gal" and I think Ive said that before!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
I have people ask me if I speak english.....

I had a lady ask me if I was babysitting or a nanny for that baby (I was with my kid)....

....that one... the guy with the nice ass, one more beer and I'll do'im (my buddy is a bartender and listening in on these chicks talking about me).....

the list could go on!
That kind of people suck.....i see a lot of people like that here, they hang out with "friends" just for interest..... when they end up with nothing.... the so called friends fly away.....
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #15

I was never an attractive gent. Being as I have had 48 (colectivley) stitches, 2 broken noses, broken cheek, broken jaw, fractured skull, and a torn iris, I was told by a gal one time that I had a "rugged" look. LOL.........
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #16
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I always get "You weigh 243? It doesn't look like it." I'm never sure if they are saying I look like I weigh more, or less than that. I always turn the conversation away and assume they thought I weighed less.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #17
VsTacoma is an unknown quantity at this point

Air Force:
VsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
So I go to physical therapy the other day and in passing I pick up a Body Mass Index (BMI) card. It indicates your height and your BMI in three categories w/corresponding body weights adjacent to it. Categories are: Normal, Overweight, and Obese. I'm to find I'm "obese." I show it to my friend Ryan who pipes up, "I'm normal!" I show it to my wife and inform her I'm obese and Ryan is normal. Wife asks, "How tall is Ryan?" I answer, "5'7"." She snickers, "But Ryan is so liiiittle." I say, "I'm 5'7" also.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VsTacoma View Post
So I go to physical therapy the other day and in passing I pick up a Body Mass Index (BMI) card. It indicates your height and your BMI in three categories w/corresponding body weights adjacent to it. Categories are: Normal, Overweight, and Obese. I'm to find I'm "obese." I show it to my friend Ryan who pipes up, "I'm normal!" I show it to my wife and inform her I'm obese and Ryan is normal. Wife asks, "How tall is Ryan?" I answer, "5'7"." She snickers, "But Ryan is so liiiittle." I say, "I'm 5'7" also.
the BMI is BS. It doesn't account for us big boned people and all the muscles that I have.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #19
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
the BMI is BS. It doesn't account for us big boned people and all the muscles that I have.
Yup. Apparently I'm obese too. I don't believe in those calculations.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #20
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Yup. Apparently I'm obese too. I don't believe in those calculations.
and I'm morbidly obese.

Is a morbidly obese person able to run up an entire flight of steps? I didn't think so.