1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cannot get away from it :eek:

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ridgerunner, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jun 3, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Just an observation. The third brakelight on my Snugtop shell is a series of 35 LED lights...and 4 on one side and 2 in the middle went out (I actually check these things) so I had a new one installed today at Campways. I requested to keep the old one cause I wanted to examine it to find out why it fried in only 3 years. The second he handed that unit to me I saw the problem starin me right in the face....a sticker that said "made in China"!!!!:D Well ther ya go! Seriously-try to live life without things made there-you might pull it off but it's HARD! Buy a simple shirt now and the tag says "hecho in Taiwan with materials from Sri Lanka by workers from China" Just had to vent. Anyway that brakelight had moisture in it that apparently got into this watertight unit via the electrical lead's lousy rubber gasket. So I'm going to suppliment it with my trusty windshield sealant.

2. Jun 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Very good idea, Frank!
    My wife and I have been trying to avoid things made in china for a few years now. It can be hard, it can be a little more expensive, but I like to think that Im doing good for my fellow American citizes. I have found that things made in U.S.A. are not nessaserilly that much more expensive than the alternative. Example: I recently bought a new landing gear for my boat trailer. A chineese made part was about $25.00. The part I bought was $27.99 and stamped " MADE IN U.S.A." proudly on the top. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top