Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Found a Dog

Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Found a Dog

Well I went out squirrel huntin yesterday and about a mile or so back into the woods i heard this thing sorta sneakin around behind me. i turn around and there is a chocolate lab following me on his stomach. i kept walkin and he did that for about 20 minutes. finally i just called him and he followed me around the rest of the day. then i went to leave and he chased my truck down the highway so i stopped and put him in and took him home. Nicest dog i have ever met. I called the animal control but nobody reported him missing and he doesn't have a collar on him. he isnt but maybe a year old too and is very calm.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Keep him!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

takern's Tacoma Gallery
I want to but right now i am in school 8 months of the year and next summer I will be busy all summer and will not be home and then back to school for a year then TBS for 6 months. Its not practical for me to keep him right now. My dad said a guy at the firehouse was interested though so maybe he can give it a good home
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just dont take him to the pound. You can look at petfinder.com to either post an add to adopt him to someone or find a no kill shelter that is willing to take him. With the pup being young and a lab it should be hard to find him a home.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #5

takern's Tacoma Gallery
for sure. when i called the pound and they said nobody had claimed it they asked if i wanted them to pick it up. i told em i would just hold on to it for now and they can call me if the owner shows up
Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #6
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
for sure. when i called the pound and they said nobody had claimed it they asked if i wanted them to pick it up. i told em i would just hold on to it for now and they can call me if the owner shows up

Hopefully you find the little guy a home.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
That could be Molly, reborn. Give the doggy to Chris4x4.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #8

takern's Tacoma Gallery
If he wants to drive to me in about 2 weeks after giving the owners a chance to find him im sure he could take it. as far as i can tell he was a good owner
Old 06-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #9
tacoeater will become famous soon enoughtacoeater will become famous soon enough
Name: Johnny
tacoeater's Tacoma Gallery
Most pets now have microchips inside their skin. Take him to a vet clinic and have him scanned. If he is microchipped the vet clinic will be able to tell you the owner.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #10

takern's Tacoma Gallery
checked the microchip yesterday. none. im wonderin if he was dropped out the back of a truck or somethin cus he seems to have a hip problem. i pulled about 50 ticks off him yesterday so he had been out there a while i reckon
Old 08-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
badboyrr is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60A Crew Chief
badboyrr's Tacoma Gallery
Take care of that little guy!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Awwwe he sounds super cute! Kudos to you for doing the right thing and trying to find his old owner and not taking him to the pound! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I say keep the little guy if the owner dose not claim him. A lab will be my next dog.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
I want to but right now i am in school 8 months of the year and next summer I will be busy all summer and will not be home and then back to school for a year then TBS for 6 months. Its not practical for me to keep him right now. My dad said a guy at the firehouse was interested though so maybe he can give it a good home
If you can't find a home for him and can't take care of him yourself, there are Labrador Retriever rescues who would be a better option than the pound. With a dog that friendly, I'm sure they wouldn't have any problems finding a caring home for him. An organization like that, dedicated to a specific breed would be a lot better option for him than the pound.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyrr View Post
Take care of that little guy!
X2!
What are ya gonna name it?? More pics too!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
this threads only like 2 months old
Old 08-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
DOH!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shhhhhh.....
Old 08-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my chocolab :\ She got off her leash and ran to the highway a few months back. Cried like a baby.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #20
badboyrr is on a distinguished road

Army: UH-60A Crew Chief
badboyrr's Tacoma Gallery
pup

Move along, nothing to see here.................
Quote: