Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Speeding tickets_

View Poll Results: How much over got you your ticket?
1 mph 1 1.39%
2 mph 1 1.39%
3 mph 0 0%
4 mph 0 0%
5 mph 0 0%
6-7 mph 3 4.17%
8-9 mph 1 1.39%
10-11 mph 8 11.11%
12-13 mph 3 4.17%
14-15 mph 7 9.72%
15-16 mph 10 13.89%
17-18 mph 1 1.39%
18-20 mph 7 9.72%
Even faster: I'm a maniac 20 27.78%
Other 10 13.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Speeding tickets_

Ok, before we begin: Let's not get this thread locked or get ourselves banned. This isn't a brag fest about how fast we went over the speed limit. The forum rules does not like excessive speeding so, if you have done that, you might want to omit that from any comments you make. Just leave that info in the graph.

I've been wondering what the average speed ticket is. I've heard some cops won't pull you over unless you go more than 4 over, 5 over, 9 over, etc. I'm curious as to what speed(s) get the most tickets. Perhaps we'll see a trend in the graph.
This thread isn't promoting speeding, just a graph for funzies.
Include details if you want such as: State/Province, county, city and type of law enforcement (city, state, county).

As for me, I've only been pulled over for going 17 under in a 40 after midnight. Didn't get a ticket, but I wonder why police in my area pull me over on an empty road at night for going too slow when they let everyone drive like it's the daytona 500 during the day.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewboto View Post
As for me, I've only been pulled over for going 17 under in a 40 after midnight. Didn't get a ticket, but I wonder why police in my area pull me over on an empty road at night for going too slow when they let everyone drive like it's the daytona 500 during the day.
Well, in most places its illegal for them to pull someone over only to check if they've been drinking (assuming no visible clues). Be it thats the case, I'm sure thats what the main purpose of being pulled over late at night with out any real reason is. It's happened to me 3 times in my area, always late at night around the time the bars close, with no ticket, and just a quick license check. All by city cops.

At one time it upset me after I realized what they were doing, but if it does get people drinking off the roads, I'm willing to put up with it. At least they are doing something and not just half asleep waiting for a call.

As for the original topic, its been a very long time since I've gotten a speeding ticket. I think the last one was because I was going 65 in a 55 speed trap (changed from 65 to 55 for a few miles and back up to 65 later) and was given the ticket for 5 over. On the plus side, that section of road was later changed to 65 the whole way due to many complaints.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I dont feel like you'll get a good feel for what the average stop for speeding is...because of how many people get the tickets reduced either roadside or in court

i can tell you that the state of SC is whats known as an absolute speed law state. This means that you can be stopped for doing even 1 mph over the posted speed limit

no minimum unless its posted or you are going so excessively slow as to impede the flow of traffic
Old 06-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
also...your poll assumes that the voters have only received 1 speeding ticket
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Other, never gotten a ticket.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
also...your poll assumes that the voters have only received 1 speeding ticket
argh. I need some caffine. At least I got a poll in this thread. Last thread, apparently, I didn't click the poll checkbox and had no poll.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #9
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
The first ticket I ever got was clocked at 24 over, gave for 16 over... since then I've had two 20mph over tickets.

Side note... wide open road in the middle of a farm field at 4am getting off work, the last one they tore down the speed limit signs and I actually thought it was a 65mph stretch not 55... so when they flipped the cherries I was like... why I'm only doing 10 over? (not lol). The cop was cool about it though and no points deducted, I couldn't argue it and he did admit the signs were gone and it was a bit misleading stretch of road esp when other parts of it are 65mph with the same 'safety setup' as this stretch.

Not excusing it... just stating the facts.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I used to get tickets when I was younger mostly because I drove like an asshole. 90 in a 65 and always 20 over on the streets. When I dot one I was asking for it. I have since slowed and haven't got a ticket in about 6 years.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I used to get tickets when I was younger mostly because I drove like an asshole. 90 in a 65 and always 20 over on the streets. When I dot one I was asking for it. I have since slowed and haven't got a ticket in about 6 years.
indeed.... i used to speed all the time when i was younger and i received tons of speeding tickets. but i have calmed way down since then and now i rarely speed (5-10mph over). its been over 8 years since i have received a speeding ticket. (my wife calls me an old man for driving so slow )
Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
already7 has a spectacular aura aboutalready7 has a spectacular aura aboutalready7 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Allen
already7's Tacoma Gallery
Here in Arkansas you can expect a ticket at about 8-10 MPH over the limit.

I got a ticket here recently for 30 over (on my motorcycle) and it was painful! The ticket cost me $295 which I paid in the next town over. The officer was really cool about it and didn't ream me out. Of course I was on a long stretch of straight road and it was daytime. He was following in the oncoming traffic behind a ryder truck. Ooops >>> too late to see him. I just pulled right over and took my ticket like a man. He was very polite and didn't threaten to throw me under the jail or impound my bike, so I didn't even ask for any leniency.
P.S. That ticket is the very reason that I have my Taco right now! Blessing in disguise. I traded the bike and my old Ford for the Taco and I have never looked back!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I've only gotten one ticket, that was back in 2007 with my Impala SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Side note... wide open road in the middle of a farm field
Same kind of road I got mine on, only at 7pm. Just a straight road with not much traffic on. Got me doing 65 in a 50. I was out of state in Delaware, was only a $58 fine and no points.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by already7 View Post
Here in Arkansas you can expect a ticket at about 8-10 MPH over the limit.

I got a ticket here recently for 30 over (on my motorcycle) and it was painful! The ticket cost me $295 which I paid in the next town over. The officer was really cool about it and didn't ream me out. Of course I was on a long stretch of straight road and it was daytime. He was following in the oncoming traffic behind a ryder truck. Ooops >>> too late to see him. I just pulled right over and took my ticket like a man. He was very polite and didn't threaten to throw me under the jail or impound my bike, so I didn't even ask for any leniency.
P.S. That ticket is the very reason that I have my Taco right now! Blessing in disguise. I traded the bike and my old Ford for the Taco and I have never looked back!
Wow that's cheap. $300 for a 30mph ticket over?

20mph over in AZ is 795 state wide, let alone what the cities will hit. 21+ is criminal speeding and jumps up to like 1200+, potential impound, plus record. The officer can opt to write it civil still but... yea.

When I got mine, I was lucky enough DPS wrote it under the Gila River Reservation which was only like 120 bucks and no record. L-u-c-k-y!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have never been pulled over for speeding, but the fastest I have gone over the speed limit was probably 50mph. The only time I got pulled over was when I had my license plate on my dash behind the front window on my tacoma... I don't speed anymore unless I have to. Haha
Old 06-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Wow that's cheap. $300 for a 30mph ticket over?

20mph over in AZ is 795 state wide, let alone what the cities will hit. 21+ is criminal speeding and jumps up to like 1200+, potential impound, plus record. The officer can opt to write it civil still but... yea.

When I got mine, I was lucky enough DPS wrote it under the Gila River Reservation which was only like 120 bucks and no record. L-u-c-k-y!
Over here the law is every 1 mph over is $10. In the book it says first 10 mph over is $100 and for every 1 mph over after that it is $10..
Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
sawyer'sdad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
sawyer'sdad's Tacoma Gallery
53 in a 35
Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #18
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
My last ticket was 10 over. In my defense this was a construction zone on I-25 but the construction was on a highway overpass over I-25. Any excuse for a double fine zone!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #19
enjoying the shenanigans
Gunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shedGunshot-6A is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Conner
Gunshot-6A's Tacoma Gallery
only ticket I ever got was in Nevada.

the story:

I had a mustang. I was tricked out (sc, and other goodies) and I was putting it to the test. It was an empty road in the middle of the desert and i got caught by a highway cop I think, and was ticket for 99 mph. He reduced it because he liked my car, said he would have done the same thing, and 100 and over in NV is an arrestable thing so he let me off "easier". Insurance still killed me on the thing afterward though.