Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

6 votes per person?

Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
that's some bullshit right there
Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
So, since I'm now a minority here in CA, I guess I get 6 votes per person too. Hell yes!

This is way out of line, the Judge needs to have his decision overturned, and all of his rulings reviewed.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
That's gotta be a load of B.S. It'll never stand up in court.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinch View Post
That's gotta be a load of B.S. It'll never stand up in court.
You realize it was the courts ruling?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
And to clarify things, it RESIDENTS, not just Latinos, get 6 votes. That's everyone.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
i read it that everyone got 6 votes but there is a large latino community. i dont know how this will affect voting as most people will vote 6 times for their favorite. just make more counting and more room for mistakes in my opinion
Old 06-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like one of the most retarded things ever.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The article makes it seem like the latino community didn't really care about the elections since most of the voters have been white. How does someone not caring and not using their right to vote give them the right to 6 votes.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
You realize it was the courts ruling?

Yes, but if it really is true, it will be overturned one way or another. That is completely against everything this country was built on.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #16

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinch View Post
Yes, but if it really is true, it will be overturned one way or another. That is completely against everything this country was built on.
How is it "against everything this country was built on"? I am not looking to start an argument, just trying to expand the conversation.

This same system is used in Amarillo, TX, Chilton County AL, and Peoria IL.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 AM   #17
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
it will be challenged and overruled. correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't it state in our constitution that everyone gets one vote? i remember learning that in slave days a master could vote for his slaves, and the union didn't care for that so they passed an amendment saying one vote per person (slaves no longer counted, or htey counted as like 1/3 of a vote or something like that.) i dont remember all the details but i'm pretty sure this has been addressed at some point and hte law is clear, 1 vote per person. can someone confirm that or am i just posting in a sleep deprived stupor? hell, for all i know i'm not actually typing words right now, i could just be pounding on the keyboard grunting..... i need sleep
Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #18

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
it will be challenged and overruled. correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't it state in our constitution that everyone gets one vote? i remember learning that in slave days a master could vote for his slaves, and the union didn't care for that so they passed an amendment saying one vote per person (slaves no longer counted, or htey counted as like 1/3 of a vote or something like that.) i dont remember all the details but i'm pretty sure this has been addressed at some point and hte law is clear, 1 vote per person. can someone confirm that or am i just posting in a sleep deprived stupor? hell, for all i know i'm not actually typing words right now, i could just be pounding on the keyboard grunting..... i need sleep
On the Ferderal level I believe. This ruling actually is the appeal. The Fed is only there to oversee it on the local level.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #19
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
It's this.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumulative_voting

Quote:
Cumulative voting is used frequently in corporate governance, where it is mandated by many U.S. states. It was used to elect the Illinois House of Representatives from 1870 until its repeal in 1980 and used in England in the late 19th century to elect some school boards. As of November 2009, more than fifty communities in the United States use cumulative voting, all resulting from cases brought under the federal Voting Rights Act. Among them are Peoria, Illinois for half of its city council, Chilton County, Alabama for its county council and school board, and Amarillo, Texas, for its school board and College Board of Regents [1]. Courts sometimes mandate its use when they deem it necessary to provide fair representation; an example of this occurred in 2009 in Port Chester, New York.[2][3][4]
This article gives more info.. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...XWS9AD9GC57BG2
Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
"Courts sometimes mandate its use when they deem it necessary to provide fair representation"

how is having people vote 6 times fair representation?!?!