Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Heated Argument

Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Heated Argument

My friend seems to think the 2005 tacoma has the same frame as a 2004. Clearly there are body and performance differences, but do they have the same frame?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
No. They are totally different frames
Old 06-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
thanks chris, i win.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
its different. the 05+ models are way cooler
Old 06-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #5

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
Now that's debatable.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
Now that's debatable.
yep.......VERY.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #7

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
I plan on keeping my truck through college these next 4 years and when I find a salary based job I'll buy a 3rd gen and just skip the 2nd gen altogether.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now that's debatable.
yes it is.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the tacoma use the old Tundra chassis?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
yes it is.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the tacoma use the old Tundra chassis?
someone correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't nd be on a e-leash?? who lets him post anyway??
Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
someone correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't nd be on a e-leash?? who lets him post anyway??
pleeeaaassseeee use me as a reference when you apply for a work visa.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
pleeeaaassseeee use me as a reference when you apply for a work visa.
Ill pass on the work visa thank you very much, but anyways who would believe you anyway? you are a drunk redneck
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #12

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ill pass on the work visa thank you very much, but anyways who would believe you anyway? you are a drunk redneck
obviously you haven't been keeping up with current events. i am more of a stoned redneck than a drunk one. i am however, just as unreliable, untrustworthy, and mean spirited as before. so not much as changed. so suck on that tiny brown man
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #13

Quote:
obviously you haven't been keeping up with current events. i am more of a stoned redneck than a drunk one. i am however, just as unreliable, untrustworthy, and mean spirited as before. so not much as changed. so suck on that tiny brown man
you bastard! you should have sunk with that boat of yours.....
Old 06-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
rabble rabble rabble
Quote:
Now that's debatable.
FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yep.......VERY.
Indeedy!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #15

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you bastard! you should have sunk with that boat of yours.....
for the record, it didn't sink, it just kinda broke in half
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

My friend seems to think the 2005 tacoma has the same frame as a 2004. Clearly there are body and performance differences, but do they have the same frame?
Before your friend made false claims, and before you bothered to ask on a public forum, there are ways to determine this very easily... No offense intended, BTW...

For instance, no two Tacoma trucks from the 2 generations have the same WHEELBASE...

If they're close between similar bodystyles (within an inch, maybe two) then possibly. But if there's a 5-10" difference in wheelbases, then they're definately different.

That's the easiest way to get an idea whether or not different vehicles are made from the same platform. (ie: compare the wheelbases of the 1st & 2nd gen Regular cab/"long" box)

'95-'00/'01-'04 = 103.3"/104.3"
'05-'10 = 110"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Tacoma

Old 06-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
rabble rabble rabble

Old 06-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #18
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post

Day tuk ar jerbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabble rabble rabble
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post

not gonna do it. the question was answered.

now let the
continue