Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Re-sale value

Old 06-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Re-sale value

i'm so glad i went with toyota over Nissan. in preparation of buying a house, i went ahead and refinanced my truck to get lower payments. i looked it up online and according to KBB it is worth 22k and some change (obviously i prolly wouldn't get that much if i tried to sell but thats still pretty cool). when i called my credit union, they looked it up, and according to them its worth 23k and change. i only owe about 10k on it so i got a good new low payment due to the amount of equity in it. anyway, i've considered selling just to get out of my payments. i doubt i will but if i do its nice to know its worth as much as it is. i cant believe i paid 26.5k (or 27k, i cant remember now) and put 40k miles on it and its still worth as much as it is. i dont care how fast or uncontrollably they accelerate, its nothing but toyota for me from here on out
Old 06-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
KBB said mine was 34,290... thats more than what I paid for it with warranties and extra packages.. ????? (this is after 20K miles)
Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Even with Toyota's problems over the last year, these Tacomas still hold their value really well.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome, i wish toyota would mantian the same value in Mexico, i think blue book has my truck in about 180k-200k tops, and i paid 312k, and mine its an 08....
Old 06-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has about 6k on it and has only depreciated a few hundred dollars from what I paid for it according to KBB.

Since it's about 1/3rd paid off at this point, I'm plenty happy.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #6
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
KBB said mine was 34,290... thats more than what I paid for it with warranties and extra packages.. ????? (this is after 20K miles)
yeah, i know i'm not getting 23k for it, but its just nice to know they are valued that high. i'd say realistically, 20k. maybe as low as 19k
Old 06-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
yeah, i know i'm not getting 23k for it, but its just nice to know they are valued that high. i'd say realistically, 20k. maybe as low as 19k
Who knows you might could.. I just don't see how KBB could say mine is worth what I bought it for, that makes no sense. You could go buy a 2010 or 2011 for that much, why buy a used 09? I wish it was true though!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
According to KBB, mine's worth a little more than what I paid back in '08.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
might could..

Southern phrases ftw!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #10

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

Southern phrases ftw!
hahaha i guess that is pretty southern.. oops