1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OOUCH!! Condoms with Teeth!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rob1, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    rob1

rob1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    South African doctor invents female condoms with 'teeth' to fight rape

By Faith Karimi, CNN
    June 21, 2010 6:15 a.m. EDT

[​IMG]
    Dr. Sonnet Ehlers shows a spiked female condom, whose hooks she says stick on a man during rape.

(CNN) -- South African Dr. Sonnet Ehlers was on call one night four decades ago when a devastated rape victim walked in. Her eyes were lifeless; she was like a breathing corpse.
    "She looked at me and said, 'If only I had teeth down there,'" recalled Ehlers, who was a 20-year-old medical researcher at the time. "I promised her I'd do something to help people like her one day."
    Forty years later, Rape-aXe was born.
    Ehlers is distributing the female condoms in the various South African cities where the World Cup soccer games are taking place.
    The woman inserts the latex condom like a tampon. Jagged rows of teeth-like hooks line its inside and attach on a man's penis during penetration, Ehlers said.
    Once it lodges, only a doctor can remove it -- a procedure Ehlers hopes will be done with authorities on standby to make an arrest.
    "It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on," she said. "If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter... however, it doesn't break the skin, and there's no danger of fluid exposure."
    Ehlers said she sold her house and car to launch the project, and she planned to distribute 30,000 free devices under supervision during the World Cup period.
    "I consulted engineers, gynecologists and psychologists to help in the design and make sure it was safe," she said.
    After the trial period, they'll be available for about $2 a piece. She hopes the women will report back to her.
    It hurts, he cannot pee and walk when it's on. If he tries to remove it, it will clasp even tighter :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    --Dr Sonnet Ehlers
    "The ideal situation would be for a woman to wear this when she's going out on some kind of blind date ... or to an area she's not comfortable with," she said.
    The mother of two daughters said she visited prisons and talked to convicted rapists to find out whether such a device would have made them rethink their actions.
    Some said it would have, Ehlers said.
    Critics say the female condom is not a long-term solution and makes women vulnerable to more violence from men trapped by the device.
    It's also a form of "enslavement," said Victoria Kajja, a fellow for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the east African country of Uganda. "The fears surrounding the victim, the act of wearing the condom in anticipation of being assaulted all represent enslavement that no woman should be subjected to."
    Kajja said the device constantly reminds women of their vulnerability.
    "It not only presents the victim with a false sense of security, but psychological trauma," she added. "It also does not help with the psychological problems that manifest after assaults."
    However, its one advantage is it allows justice to be served, she said.
    Various rights organizations that work in South Africa declined to comment, including Human Rights Watch and Care International.
    South Africa has one of the highest rape rates in the world, Human Rights Watch says on its website. A 2009 report by the nation's Medical Research Council found that 28 percent of men surveyed had raped a woman or girl, with one in 20 saying they had raped in the past year, according to Human Rights Watch.
    In most African countries, rape convictions are not common. Affected women don't get immediate access to medical care, and DNA tests to provide evidence are unaffordable.
    "Women and girls who experience these violations are denied justice, factors that contribute to the normalization of rape and violence in South African society," Human Rights Watch says.
    Women take drastic measures to prevent rape in South Africa, Ehlers said, with some wearing extra tight biker shorts and others inserting razor blades wrapped in sponges in their private parts.
    Critics have accused her of developing a medieval device to fight rape.
    "Yes, my device may be a medieval, but it's for a medieval deed that has been around for decades," she said. "I believe something's got to be done ... and this will make some men rethink before they assault a woman."

2. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:29 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Jesus....

If you're that afraid of being raped (to warrant wearing one of those things) - don't ya think you should stay HOME!!??

3. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    rob1

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    LOL...Yes but in some parts of this world men are dogs, this just might make them thing twice!! ;)

4. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:45 AM
    BOX

BOX Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MR. BOX
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5
    AGT Hids, Flowmaster 50 series duel exhaust, KN CAI, Tacoma seat covers, Under Cover Lid, Rhino Lined Westen tube steps, in the seal window vents.
    Not to be rude to the third world nations out there but in Africa many houses won,t protect you from getting raped. There are no windows or the door may just be a blanket so staying at home won't help. In these countries men don't even see women worth the dirt under their feet. Not only would these condoms fight back against rape but help slow down the transmission of AIDS in South Africa where well over 30% have the disease.

5. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    whoa. I wish there's a followup to this. I would like to see who would be the first guy to experience this (if it hasn't happened yet).

I don't think a woman would want to stay home all the time if she's afraid she'd be raped. Is the rape percentage high down there?

6. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    rob1

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:

Here is your answer!!
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]South Africa Has The Highest Rape Rate

[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Guinness Book of Records and Interpol both say that South Africa holds the record for the highest rape rate. The news comes on the last day of the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Southern Africa's 25th anniversary conference.
    Carol Bower told the conference: "There are about 50,000 reported cases every year in South Africa, 50% of which are against children. The police's child protection unit estimates that only one in 15 child rapes are reported..."
    It is estimated that 500,000 rapes take place in South Africa every year, although this figur is said to be a minimum, with too many cases going unreported.

[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Source: [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]www.news24.com[/FONT][/FONT]

7. Jun 21, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    Holy :censored:

Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

8. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    jodiddly33

jodiddly33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonah
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Golf TDI
    that made me cringe :(

9. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    Given that the rebels in Africa are already raping at will and not getting punished, don't you sorta think that they are gona be just a little pissed at this thing on their stuff and start shooting?

10. Jun 21, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    wow not a bad idea. what if she put it on inside out. :eek:

11. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    how does she know it won't break the skin? what moron signed up to test that idea?

12. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    All vagina's have teeth one way or another, but these are crazy. ouch! Then again, I'm not a rapist so I don't have to worry. This is why you always have to do the finger test first for smell and now teeth.

13. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    lmao!!!!! ^^^^^^^ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

14. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:24 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    What about the chick that's mad at her man and dicides to fix him... she seduces him and BAM, next thing he knows this thing's latched on him. Better treat your ladies right guys...

15. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Yeah....you ain't kidding.

First, they put a gun to her head. Rape her. After its done, kill her anway.

What's the point?

The women over there should carry guns or big ass sticks, learn how to kick them really hard in the nads, shove a rock or stick into their eyeballs or up their noses - Oh yeah...... If you're gonna die anyway, I'll be damned if my last moment in life is being raped.

16. Jun 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    m0nster986

m0nster986 ♥ Emergency Medicine

Member:
    SoCal
    Play in the dirt!

17. Jun 21, 2010 at 2:42 PM
    rob1

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Huh??

18. Jun 21, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    rob1

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Anyways this is the part that gets me pissed!!!------Carol Bower told the conference: "There are about 50,000 reported cases every year in South Africa, 50% of which are against children. :mad::mad:

19. Jun 21, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    cmack needs one

20. Jun 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    damn! interesting read. what if the chick puts it in and has sex with a dude willingly... lol that would suck big time! :eek::bananadead:

Products Discussed in

To Top